Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread 13:29 - Dec 10 with 11358 viewsModeratorC

£20 in for Swans fans, thanks to the club, what a deal !
Free coaches, lap dancers and pretend Irishmen not included.

The Swans have played Stoke City away 38 times
Won 5 Drawn 11 Lost 22
For: 33 Against 88.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61436/swansea-city-the-f
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61446/new-target-for-the
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61447
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61448/swans-snatch-a-dra

This post has been edited by an administrator
Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:52 - Dec 12 with 1805 viewsnantywatcher

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:49 - Dec 12 by Whiterockin

I thought that Dalling, Key and Tymon played OK, the rest were crap.

Key?? He was truly awful looked like a 12 year old who'd wandered on to an adult's game by mistake. (Totally unfit should never have started,)
Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:55 - Dec 12 with 1774 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:52 - Dec 12 by nantywatcher

Key?? He was truly awful looked like a 12 year old who'd wandered on to an adult's game by mistake. (Totally unfit should never have started,)

Shocked me.
He looked very uneasy
Not sure wtf is going on .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:58 - Dec 12 with 1740 viewsLuther27

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:55 - Dec 12 by onehunglow

Shocked me.
He looked very uneasy
Not sure wtf is going on .

I think it was past his bedtime.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:02 - Dec 12 with 1698 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:58 - Dec 12 by Luther27

I think it was past his bedtime.

He’s been quite acceptable this season so far.
Tonight,was worrying to see him like that .
I ll say this now.
My suggestion is to bring Warnink here on a six month contract because he would simply keep us up.
We cannot hope for anything else with this group of players .
We can’t build for the future with them .
It’s about survival. That simple .
We need a new captain for a start .

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:05 - Dec 12 with 1664 viewsBoundy

With a very poor link tonight and reading the comments it looks like I didn't miss much, surprised at the comments regarding Key who I thought was one of our better signings , another point won rather than 3 dropped so I suppose that's some solace .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:13 - Dec 12 with 1606 viewsunion_jack

I’m being serious when I say that following that game tonight we can forget Davies as our manager. If he was interested he would have been watching and thought the task too big fir him.

However, I did have a thought that the reason we reverted to the silly little Martinesque interplay was to show him and any other fool interested that there is something work with. It failed if course.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:18 - Dec 12 with 1565 viewsKeithHaynes

From Liam.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61448/swans-snatch-a-dra

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:20 - Dec 12 with 1552 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:13 - Dec 12 by union_jack

I’m being serious when I say that following that game tonight we can forget Davies as our manager. If he was interested he would have been watching and thought the task too big fir him.

However, I did have a thought that the reason we reverted to the silly little Martinesque interplay was to show him and any other fool interested that there is something work with. It failed if course.

Tend to agree.
I cannot understand the way we try to play pretty footy when we haven’t the players .
This season is all about survival.
Those complaining about mid table mediocrity !
We should be so lucky.
Too good to go down?
Hardly.
Get a tough,no nonsense old timer in on a short term cintract and see where we are come May .

Clearly,the players brought in are not fit for ( our) purpose .

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 23:09 - Dec 12 with 1368 viewsFireboy2

Didn't watch tonight for reasons I've postex before, tbe useless running of the club.

I suspect that key was poor tonight as he ran his blood to water on Saturday, playing a full match after an injury.

It's good to see that certain posters know their teams players and their goings on

Its good to be back after a self imposed hiatus, good to know that everyone was worrying about me.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 07:24 - Dec 13 with 1113 viewsfbreath

That certainly was next level just like we were assured.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 07:45 - Dec 13 with 1097 viewsjack247

A decent manager will get a tune out of these players. They are playing well below their capacity. They look demotivated and while it’s hard to justify that, I’m pretty sure a coherent plan that suits our players would sort it out.

Despite the four points, we’ve looked exactly like a team in limbo the last two games. Just going through the motions, using very similar tactics to Duff, waiting for someone to come in and change it.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:25 - Dec 13 with 1070 viewsRichardO

Didn't see or hear last night's game but here are the things that stand out from the comments and what has happened since the Leicester game and with reference to the earlier games poor play.
The midfield is losing the battle to gain possession higher up the park previously before the Leicester game we had started to get further up park with quicker balls through Patino's movement which bought Paterson into the game more.
So what did we do against Leicester to counter their threat we dropped back ceding possession and we looked shapeless giving time and space all over the park and basically that is how we have remained since.
The inclusion on Fulton alongside Grimes at one time would have seemed like a sensible thing to do defensively given Fulton's previous energy and drive but now in many respects is a carbon copy of Grimes dropping too deep now looking as if they are marking the same people the centre halves are supposed to be confusing the hell out of them, leaving the middle of the park empty with player further up the park receiving the ball with limited options and similarly our fullbacks as they are asked to push forward into blind alleys
We complained about Latibeaudie last year, as he has limitations, I will hold my hand up but we went to a four at the back and things improved so much that Lati had a job and knew how to do it but we had more players in the middle of the park with nobody dropping so deep so often as Grimes and Fulton in the middle are doing now making promising young fullbacks look poor, giving them no options, Ashby was singled out recently ended having to do too much and the dreaded hamstring occurred, seems that Key is now suffering, especially coming back after injury, getting stick similar to the likes of Laird, Christie and Wolf The likes of Cooper, Paterson, Patino and Walsh were not getting the midfield support they need either.
We complained last year about playing 5 at the back last year, if you add both Grimes and Fulton now you have 6.
We have praised the likes of Allen, Britton and Rangel in the pasted because they were always looking to pass and then find empty places in the pitch were they moved to progress the ball quickly up the park even moving the ball across the pitch was done quicker, the lack of movement in the middle is stifling our game both attacking and defensively
Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:02 - Dec 13 with 985 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61453/sheehan-football-w

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:01 - Dec 13 with 877 viewsAzzuriswan

Was at the game last night and yet again we had the sideways backwards slow slow stop passing syndrome through Captain Marvel...we do have enough pace to worry the opposition but have got a mindset of trying to keep possession playing pretty football and getting nowhere fast.
Darlings header from the corner was the first good header from a Swansea corner since when? Most headers fly over or past the posts.
Perhaps the players are saying publicly that they are behind Sheehan but off the record they couldnt care less.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:35 - Dec 13 with 834 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:02 - Dec 12 by onehunglow

I ll say this now.
My suggestion is to bring Warnink here on a six month contract because he would simply keep us up.

You want Warnock?
Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:59 - Dec 13 with 759 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:35 - Dec 13 by blaenaugwentjack

You want Warnock?

“Want”?
Can think of worse given our current predicament.
Do you think he would not be able to make an immediate improvement ?
You don’t think Warnock has had a successful and long career in the game then

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:01 - Dec 13 with 749 viewsunion_jack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:59 - Dec 13 by onehunglow

“Want”?
Can think of worse given our current predicament.
Do you think he would not be able to make an immediate improvement ?
You don’t think Warnock has had a successful and long career in the game then

In all honesty R I don’t think he’d get a tune out of our lot. Completely the wrong fit.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:05 - Dec 13 with 740 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:01 - Dec 13 by union_jack

In all honesty R I don’t think he’d get a tune out of our lot. Completely the wrong fit.

Good riposte.
It’s about opinions.
I was suggesting him as a short term fit as we simply need to survive.
I believe he would keep us up.
People don’t “ like” him as he managed Cardiff and slapped his head

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:13 - Dec 13 with 736 viewssw02sea

I’m starting to think Duff probably was hard done by in the end.
He tried his best to shake the MARTINBALL malaise out of the players.
But they we’re having none of it, let’s carry on with our sideways, me to you, walking football and see what happens.
Well good luck to ever takes over, trying to get some of these players to actually run.
Time to shake them up, and give some of the youngsters game time.
Our football is so,so predictable and slow, something HAS to change
Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:27 - Dec 13 with 723 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:13 - Dec 13 by sw02sea

But they we’re having none of it, let’s carry on with our sideways, me to you, walking football and see what happens.
Well good luck to ever takes over, trying to get some of these players to actually run.

Tend to agree,though his grim persona didn’t endear him to fans at large .
I’m on record saying the previous coach ruined us as opposed to improving us and stand by every word .
Our default is sideways and backwards .
Last night, we saw in shocking detail how captain Grimes actually stops ,steps on the ball and rolls it backwards then pass sideways or direct to opposition. He has always done this .
He has talent but has been badly coached IMO.
We have a habit of ruining talent that we have

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 15:51 - Dec 13 with 687 viewsKeithHaynes

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:27 - Dec 13 by onehunglow

Tend to agree,though his grim persona didn’t endear him to fans at large .
I’m on record saying the previous coach ruined us as opposed to improving us and stand by every word .
Our default is sideways and backwards .
Last night, we saw in shocking detail how captain Grimes actually stops ,steps on the ball and rolls it backwards then pass sideways or direct to opposition. He has always done this .
He has talent but has been badly coached IMO.
We have a habit of ruining talent that we have

Previous coach had the squad playing at its optimum. Proven.
Another season with support and he would have pushed us on.
If you think you can blame him for this mess you won’t be taken seriously.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 16:40 - Dec 13 with 652 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 15:51 - Dec 13 by KeithHaynes

Previous coach had the squad playing at its optimum. Proven.
Another season with support and he would have pushed us on.
If you think you can blame him for this mess you won’t be taken seriously.

Not proven at all
You don’t know
Don’t give a monkeys

Peace

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:37 - Dec 13 with 614 viewsjack247

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:13 - Dec 13 by sw02sea

I think the Martinball thing is overdone. I can completely accept it if we’re talking about Grimes and Fulton in isolation.

We brought in 12? New players this summer. Of the eleven that started at Stoke, six weren’t here last season, how did Russell Martin influence them?
Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:45 - Dec 13 with 608 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:37 - Dec 13 by jack247

I think the Martinball thing is overdone. I can completely accept it if we’re talking about Grimes and Fulton in isolation.

We brought in 12? New players this summer. Of the eleven that started at Stoke, six weren’t here last season, how did Russell Martin influence them?

I’m not sure myself but there seems to be an aura around that sees us this way
I fully confess to not being a paid up member of Russyclub.
Even now,,any criticism can lead to unpleasant discourse

I’ve seen puppy killers get less stick.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:47 - Dec 13 with 606 viewsKilkennyjack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:02 - Dec 12 by onehunglow

I ll say this now.

No to Colin.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024