Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Reflection 18:53 - Dec 23 with 806 viewsbluenwhite10

Today we welcomed high flying Southampton to HQ the start of 3 difficult games over a 6-day period and with the Saints in a run of form that I read has seen 9 wins in 14 games I do not think even the most optimistic of us saw nothing but that changing to 10 wins in 15 games. The starting line-up I do not think we can question that with who was available to start, and I would have gone with that 11. Southampton was as expected good and comfortable on the ball and probably the best side I have seen down here so far this season but I thought Rangers contained them well with no clear cut chances for either side but a moment of magic nearly paid off with Chair’s magic but the timing of the goal was a killer just before the end of the half not sure if it was a push or a slip or Cannon did just not go with his man but I totally missed it but whatever it was a goal. The second half was the same as the 1st.I will we did put some good balls in the box but the same issue as I have commented on before when it is a good ball either we do not have the player in the right position or enough bodies in the box. I will question the call to take Dykes off if your last role of the dice is to have 2 up top as you want to end up with Armstrong and Dykes as Kelman nothing personal against the lad but he not good enough at this level. I was impressed with Larkeche when he came on and he willingness to overlap and maybe that is an option going forward with Paal pushing into midfield… Cannon should take note as here as the direction I am seeing is when Bergovic gets the ball is for the fullbacks to go wide but his starting position is so flat footed and his 1st touch is not a positive touch which also with a lack of ambition in overlapping. I caught fault the performance today as I thought Rangers did well today against a side that will get promoted or be awfully close. Not many negatives today from me apart Willock how many times offside, Cannon extremely poor, conceding a poor goal as the player should not of won the 1st header and what ever happened to Cannon should never have happened had a stinker and I do not think we got any 50/50 calls. Positive today atmosphere in the ground today was good and the crowd really got behind the team, played well against an incredibly good side at this level, Chair, Paal, Willock, Field, Clarke-Salter played well. In general, the defence looked good. But when you look at the Southampton bench Adams, Fraser, Stephens, Holgate it does show how big the challenge was today and I did walk out of Loftus Road today we gave it a good go but with the quality we had inevitably just fell short. MOM today you might disagree, but I thought Jimmy Dunne played very well today.

Happy Christmas and Happy New Year and Come on You R’s
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024