Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? 17:02 - Dec 26 with 6687 viewsKeithHaynes

We are going to take an overnighter to dwell upon todays game and seek some information from behind the scenes as to what is happening. There won’t be any match feedback until tomorrow. Suffice to say today was an absolute embarrassment. The players, despite one or two efforts, the chairman, his wacky sidekick, the club, the mess that’s seen a constant down turn in the ridiculous way these β€˜businessmen’ think they know best. People said Martin was a fraud …

Swans fans keep happily clapping and singing β€˜Johnny Hollins Barmy Army’ history is repeating it self.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:06 - Dec 26 with 3667 viewsQJumpingJack

I expect there is panic behind the scenes.

The managers we want we cannot afford / they won't come anywhere near us.

On another forum - there are hints Martin Hodge has joined the club - anyone have any news on this?
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:06 - Dec 26 with 3646 viewsvetchonian

yes think about it overnight.....
Consider the implications of running these pesky owners out of town
who os there waiting in the wings to chuck millions into the money pit which us a football club

Yes I "stick up for the owners" but I also recognise the club is going backwards at a rate of knots but I swe no alternative....if the Trust had not been made impotent then maybe they could have grabbed hold of the situation and tried to drag the owners round.

What the answe is I don't know but it is Certainly not trying to run the owners out if town.
This lot would wind us up then where would that leave us.... Starting over outside of the football league.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 17:10]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:08 - Dec 26 with 3614 viewsonehunglow

Allow me
Good profit made but pocketed by the owners then small change for excreable players like Heys, Tyson etc
Loans for the likes of Humphreys and Patino
Persisting with Grimes as a captain
A ludicrous concept of us playing the right way
I'd get an experienced hard nosed manager in on a short term contract with a hefty bonus to keep us up
Our priority is to stay up and then hope these cretins find another mug of a club

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:08 - Dec 26 with 3623 viewsyatesie3

Just shows how crucial this week is now.
A manager must come in.
And players must arrive in the next week or two

Of course I won't hold my breath for either
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:09 - Dec 26 with 3597 viewsblackpooljack

I for one was gutted when Martin left ( and i dont mind admitting it ) today shows why, these f**kin yanks doing everything on the cheap
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:12 - Dec 26 with 3543 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:09 - Dec 26 by blackpooljack

I for one was gutted when Martin left ( and i dont mind admitting it ) today shows why, these f**kin yanks doing everything on the cheap

The guy who brought in Fisher who is unplayable and Darling who can't hold down his place
Martins legacy is soiled pants and heartbreak for some
Meanwhile , we bleed
Joe Allen replacing a striker
Think on that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:17 - Dec 26 with 3487 viewsblackpooljack

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:12 - Dec 26 by onehunglow

The guy who brought in Fisher who is unplayable and Darling who can't hold down his place
Martins legacy is soiled pants and heartbreak for some
Meanwhile , we bleed
Joe Allen replacing a striker
Think on that

How do you blame not playing Darling on Martin. Sure RM had his faults but even at its worst it was better than what we've witnessed this season.
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:22 - Dec 26 with 3430 viewsFireboy2

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:06 - Dec 26 by vetchonian

yes think about it overnight.....
Consider the implications of running these pesky owners out of town
who os there waiting in the wings to chuck millions into the money pit which us a football club

Yes I "stick up for the owners" but I also recognise the club is going backwards at a rate of knots but I swe no alternative....if the Trust had not been made impotent then maybe they could have grabbed hold of the situation and tried to drag the owners round.

What the answe is I don't know but it is Certainly not trying to run the owners out if town.
This lot would wind us up then where would that leave us.... Starting over outside of the football league.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 17:10]

So when are you going to say that they need to go? When we are in league 2.

We need to make it uncomfortable for them, they will sell and cut their losses but it has to start sometime and it will soon, believe me.
Login to get fewer ads

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:26 - Dec 26 with 3388 viewsQJumpingJack

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:22 - Dec 26 by Fireboy2

We need to make it uncomfortable for them, they will sell and cut their losses but it has to start sometime and it will soon, believe me.

Didn't Silverstein mention "administration" last year as in that is where we would be heading if the shareholders were not pumping money into the club.
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:28 - Dec 26 with 3368 viewsTreforys_Jack

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:22 - Dec 26 by Fireboy2

Sell to who FB?
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:32 - Dec 26 with 3306 viewsFireboy2

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:26 - Dec 26 by QJumpingJack

Didn't Silverstein mention "administration" last year as in that is where we would be heading if the shareholders were not pumping money into the club.

Dud he? Thats the first time I've heard that.

If he did then he will probably be doing what most capitalist bosses do when the employees are disgruntled.
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:33 - Dec 26 with 3297 viewsFireboy2

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:28 - Dec 26 by Treforys_Jack

Sell to who FB?

There will be someone out there.
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:34 - Dec 26 with 3286 viewsFireboy2

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:28 - Dec 26 by Treforys_Jack

Sell to who FB?

So we should just carry on watching the slide then?

What do you recommend then?
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:40 - Dec 26 with 3248 viewsQJumpingJack

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:32 - Dec 26 by Fireboy2

Dud he? Thats the first time I've heard that.

If he did then he will probably be doing what most capitalist bosses do when the employees are disgruntled.

I will dig out the interview shortly - he mentioned it when being interviewed by the Trust. "If it wasn't for us - we would be in admin"
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:43 - Dec 26 with 3220 viewsReslovenSwan1

The 'fans' have already made life real uncomfortable for the owners over the last SIX YEARS including when the club was at Wembley under Cooper 90 mins from the Premier league. The 'tough guy' fans were going to drag the club's other owners through the courts before realising this was a very serious business job and was way too big for them. Going to Court is not nice.

The struggles at the present is due the the 13 new signings not performing very well. These are Watson signings.

Humphreys and Rushworth are making the mistakes they were sent here to clear out of their system. Robotic Fulton is preferred over Patino by a cowardly manager. Ashby is not Cyrus Christie and had only played a handful of games. I would guess is no better than Sam Parker. Lowe has been Lowe and done OK.

Only Key has made a positive impact. He was in the pipeline before Watson arrived. Nothing at all from Ntjoe, Kukharevic and Petersen. All cost small millions that add up. It was Watson or Duff and Duff has gone. The heat is now on Watson to bring in the new 'Carlton Morris' for Swansea and turn the season around.

Wise sage since Toshack era

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:43 - Dec 26 with 3212 viewsvetchonian

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:33 - Dec 26 by Fireboy2

they weren't queuing around the block when we were a PL club so what makes you think there is someone willing to buy a failing Championship club whose only assets are players and no "real estate" apart from an Acadamy which has zero redevelopment potential.

Look at the current mess after we fans pushed for Duffs sacking....no manager.

If they decide to sell rather than wind us up which is what I think they would do recouping monies from the asset sales.....what happens whilst the club is on the market no injections of monies to prop us up as now.

This needs thinking about we are not in Lg2 or LG 1 with low budgets ...

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:47 - Dec 26 with 3194 viewsFireboy2

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:40 - Dec 26 by QJumpingJack

I will dig out the interview shortly - he mentioned it when being interviewed by the Trust. "If it wasn't for us - we would be in admin"

I remember owners of a business i worked for telling the employees they will up sticks and set up somewhere else if we didn't accept a pay offer.

This sounds familiar to silverstein, typical capitalist speak.
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:48 - Dec 26 with 3183 viewsQJumpingJack

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:43 - Dec 26 by ReslovenSwan1

The 'fans' have already made life real uncomfortable for the owners over the last SIX YEARS including when the club was at Wembley under Cooper 90 mins from the Premier league. The 'tough guy' fans were going to drag the club's other owners through the courts before realising this was a very serious business job and was way too big for them. Going to Court is not nice.

The struggles at the present is due the the 13 new signings not performing very well. These are Watson signings.

Humphreys and Rushworth are making the mistakes they were sent here to clear out of their system. Robotic Fulton is preferred over Patino by a cowardly manager. Ashby is not Cyrus Christie and had only played a handful of games. I would guess is no better than Sam Parker. Lowe has been Lowe and done OK.

Only Key has made a positive impact. He was in the pipeline before Watson arrived. Nothing at all from Ntjoe, Kukharevic and Petersen. All cost small millions that add up. It was Watson or Duff and Duff has gone. The heat is now on Watson to bring in the new 'Carlton Morris' for Swansea and turn the season around.

who appointed Watson?
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:55 - Dec 26 with 3132 viewspencoedjack

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:33 - Dec 26 by Fireboy2

Like who?

Dear me there isnt an abundance of millionaires waiting to spunk their money on a championship club.
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 18:00 - Dec 26 with 3104 viewsReslovenSwan1

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:40 - Dec 26 by QJumpingJack

It was Jake Silverstein in the "Silverstein & Levien Show live from Burbank".

This was the last January window. "sorry about the bad window it will not happen again".

I have a good memory for these things.

The club is in a bit of a hole due to the failure of the "Watson dozen" to perform or even show up.

Fans must realise tough times are always around the corner. When Sousa was here thing were not great. He had lost Scotland sold, Gomez end of loan and Bodde through injury. Jazz Richards and Keri Morgan were forced into duty. Not much in the Academy ether.

The club brought in old stagers Kuqi, Craig Beattie, van de Gunn and Trundle back to steady the ship.

Swansea must have something to build off but cannot if filleted ever season by the loans returning.

Wise sage since Toshack era

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 18:06 - Dec 26 with 3074 viewsTreforys_Jack

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:34 - Dec 26 by Fireboy2

No idea mate, just know it's not as simple as trying to run the owners out of town. I'd love them to sell up to someone who's actually interested in football, but they aren't out there. Things will prob get worse before they get better. Like to see some youngsters given some minutes.
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 18:07 - Dec 26 with 3065 viewsQJumpingJack

Here is the Levien & Silverstein interview with the Trust.
With what was promised this has now become a difficult watch.

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 18:18 - Dec 26 with 3017 viewsQJumpingJack

I see on twitter that someone has posted a comment from Kaplan and Levien from 2016. It includes:

"we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom".

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 18:19 - Dec 26 with 3011 viewsFireboy2

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 18:06 - Dec 26 by Treforys_Jack

No idea mate, just know it's not as simple as trying to run the owners out of town. I'd love them to sell up to someone who's actually interested in football, but they aren't out there. Things will prob get worse before they get better. Like to see some youngsters given some minutes.

They are businesspeople, they will know lots of other businesspeople with money.

I'm hoping that Nigel Morris will get someone else to help him buy them out.

But this probably won't if we sit on our hands and bicker with each other, we need to show them how we feel.
πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 18:21 - Dec 26 with 2998 viewsvetchonian

πŸ”΄ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:34 - Dec 26 by Fireboy2

here is a thought Keith posts comparing this with the Silver Shield/Ninth floor times and the fans chanting "Johnny Hollins black and white army"....whilst the owners were siphoning funds....what happened next?
The protests or whatever actions Keith hints at led to them walking away selling the club for Β£1 waht came next oh yes a certain Tony Petty is this waht we wish for again?
Haven't we learnt?
There are few if any folks out there who are minted and have a passion for football clubs the costs associated with them are crazy.
For.me the best solution is the owners and Coleman included recognising they need a Trevor Birch...though there are few of him around and them let them run the club with the "owners" acting as an old fashioned bank.manager back in the days where a business owner would seek the bank for investment or cash flow help the banknmanagwr understood the financial issues but also recognised the person's "technical/local" understanding.
With the right local management this could work

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024