Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cifuentes and Iraola comparison hopefully we can get the same results 13:38 - Dec 27 with 763 viewsphilb3421

First time posting so I believe the tradition is favourite cheese Extra Mature Cheddar, a bit like myself in terms of the mature!!

Having followed QPR for over 50 years we have all seen the best and worst of times but certainly the last two years have been very disappointing however I am trying to stay positive and optimistic hence this post.

Iraola took over at Bournemouth from a good solid manager but was pretty much unknown to most people. He didn’t have the best of starts and some were seriously questioning the appointment but look at what he has done with a pretty average team in the Premier League. Their style has been transformed and they have a belief in what they’ve been asked to do and boy is it paying dividends for them. Asked about what has made the difference Iraola said that they have had time to get to know him and implement his methods and believe in what he wants them to do. Very humble and down to earth guy I am hoping we can draw comparisons with him and MC, both Spanish like to play good football and systems and are not happy with a draw!

It will be interesting to see how we get on against them in January. I know we have an awful Cup record but I just hope we can see some light when up against a similar opposition.

Either way just a hope we might still have a chance to get out of the relegation zone and survive to give MC a chance to bring us back to a better position which all of us really want.
Cifuentes and Iraola comparison hopefully we can get the same results on 17:17 - Dec 27 with 547 viewsbosh67

Firstly welcome Phil and your extra mature cheddar. :)

Good post. I hope the same too. I think Iraola has better potential to deal with than Cifuentes has here at the moment but I hope he is afforded some kind of transfer window to get in a few players that we desperately need. God knows how given our finances and position but perhaps there are players from Spain and Scandinavia who can add something to this squad. The only consistent thing this set of players are any good at is going on a losing run. It's remarkable how poor they can be under any manager.

Cifuentes obviously is a better coach than what we have had but I thin k he is starting to realise how injury prone, how recovery prone and how doldrum prone this set of players really are. If we don't survive I hope the board have the balls to try and convince him to stay and allow him to dismantle the squad and the culture here.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 17:18]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cifuentes and Iraola comparison hopefully we can get the same results on 19:20 - Dec 27 with 415 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Welcome aboard, Phil.

Nice OP.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024