Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? 17:02 - Dec 26 with 6864 viewsKeithHaynes

We are going to take an overnighter to dwell upon todays game and seek some information from behind the scenes as to what is happening. There wonā€™t be any match feedback until tomorrow. Suffice to say today was an absolute embarrassment. The players, despite one or two efforts, the chairman, his wacky sidekick, the club, the mess thatā€™s seen a constant down turn in the ridiculous way these ā€˜businessmenā€™ think they know best. People said Martin was a fraud ā€¦

Swans fans keep happily clapping and singing ā€˜Johnny Hollins Barmy Armyā€™ history is repeating it self.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 20:25 - Dec 26 with 1677 viewsowainglyndwr

No heart from our players
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 20:26 - Dec 26 with 1677 viewsFireboy2

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 20:18 - Dec 26 by grabsplatter

Can't disagree with that

They are here on a jolly GS, honestly, all their kids are in private schools being paid gir by the club, their mate levein has sent them over to take the p!ss out of the club knowing that they have no idea how to run a football club.
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 20:34 - Dec 26 with 1632 viewsReslovenSwan1

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 20:26 - Dec 26 by Fireboy2

They are here on a jolly GS, honestly, all their kids are in private schools being paid gir by the club, their mate levein has sent them over to take the p!ss out of the club knowing that they have no idea how to run a football club.

That makes no sense and you know it. Besides that have only had 6 months in charge and the club while not performing well in not yet in relegation trouble.

The quality of the new manager will tell us a lot about future prospects. He will have to lead the team out of the slump. He should not expect to have the burden of carrying a fragile fan base as well.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 20:35]

Wise sage since Toshack era

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 20:37 - Dec 26 with 1611 viewsBoundy

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 17:43 - Dec 26 by vetchonian

they weren't queuing around the block when we were a PL club so what makes you think there is someone willing to buy a failing Championship club whose only assets are players and no "real estate" apart from an Acadamy which has zero redevelopment potential.

Look at the current mess after we fans pushed for Duffs sacking....no manager.

If they decide to sell rather than wind us up which is what I think they would do recouping monies from the asset sales.....what happens whilst the club is on the market no injections of monies to prop us up as now.

This needs thinking about we are not in Lg2 or LG 1 with low budgets ...

Do you honestly belive regardless of any signs of discontentment from the supporters that the yanks wouldn't drop us like a stone ,they will when the times suits them. Be under no illision of that once they've screwed what they can out of the Club they'll be off without a backwards glance .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the peopleā€”not the master."

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 20:39 - Dec 26 with 1609 viewsQJumpingJack

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 20:34 - Dec 26 by ReslovenSwan1

That makes no sense and you know it. Besides that have only had 6 months in charge and the club while not performing well in not yet in relegation trouble.

The quality of the new manager will tell us a lot about future prospects. He will have to lead the team out of the slump. He should not expect to have the burden of carrying a fragile fan base as well.

we could well be in relegation trouble by 5pm on NYD.

Maybe the club should get Pearlman back?
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 21:30 - Dec 26 with 1516 viewsFireboy2

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 20:34 - Dec 26 by ReslovenSwan1

It's the truth and YOU know it.
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 21:31 - Dec 26 with 1513 viewsKeithHaynes

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 18:21 - Dec 26 by vetchonian

here is a thought Keith posts comparing this with the Silver Shield/Ninth floor times and the fans chanting "Johnny Hollins black and white army"....whilst the owners were siphoning funds....what happened next?
The protests or whatever actions Keith hints at led to them walking away selling the club for Ā£1 waht came next oh yes a certain Tony Petty is this waht we wish for again?
Haven't we learnt?
There are few if any folks out there who are minted and have a passion for football clubs the costs associated with them are crazy.
For.me the best solution is the owners and Coleman included recognising they need a Trevor Birch...though there are few of him around and them let them run the club with the "owners" acting as an old fashioned bank.manager back in the days where a business owner would seek the bank for investment or cash flow help the banknmanagwr understood the financial issues but also recognised the person's "technical/local" understanding.
With the right local management this could work

Actually Iā€™m referencing the supporters who didnā€™t listen and kept on happy clapping and we nearly lost our club. I saw it myself and from behind the scenes.

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 21:42 - Dec 26 with 1481 viewssw02sea

I honestly think Martin has done us a big favour today. The amount of games this season that the opposition have squandered good opportunities in front of goal, has papered over the cracks that we all darenā€™t think about.

Thereā€™s no thinking anymore, we know exactly where we are, deep in the brown stuff.
Itā€™s going to be Patti pavilion time sooner than you think, if these shambolic, charlatans arenā€™t shown the door, the sooner the better.

Why are we paying these extortionist ie Coleman,Gude, Silverstein ect, an absolute fortune for their supposed business expertise, and we still donā€™t have a manager 3 weeks later ?

Iā€™ll tell you why weā€™re paying them.
We arenā€™t.
Theyā€™re paying themselves.

Why has it taken so long for people to realise what these blood suckers are doing to our club ?
Login to get fewer ads

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 21:56 - Dec 26 with 1442 viewsjacksfullaces

just a couple of points and I will caveat it with the view I have always had that selling to these was a big mistake at the time, and footballing wise we have been on gentle spiral of decline for 5 or 6 years.

point 1 is a gentle reminder that everyone was happy with their spend over the Summer, its only subsequent performances that have now determined it was a 'bad spend'

point 2 is genuinely what do we expect to come that is better. No -one is going to inject immediate cash or quality, if anything it is likely we would have owners who would spend less, not more.

on the basis of the latter point it could be outweighed I guess if they put a good long term prospect in place who built things slowly. but we sort of had one of those in Martin and everyone got bored with him.

fact is if we are not winning, and getting the odd hiding, we assume there is a fairy godmother out there that will or would have done everything so much better....
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 22:40 - Dec 26 with 1342 viewsmajorraglan

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 18:00 - Dec 26 by ReslovenSwan1

It was Jake Silverstein in the "Silverstein & Levien Show live from Burbank".

This was the last January window. "sorry about the bad window it will not happen again".

I have a good memory for these things.

The club is in a bit of a hole due to the failure of the "Watson dozen" to perform or even show up.

Fans must realise tough times are always around the corner. When Sousa was here thing were not great. He had lost Scotland sold, Gomez end of loan and Bodde through injury. Jazz Richards and Keri Morgan were forced into duty. Not much in the Academy ether.

The club brought in old stagers Kuqi, Craig Beattie, van de Gunn and Trundle back to steady the ship.

Swansea must have something to build off but cannot if filleted ever season by the loans returning.

Sousa did very well to be fair, he doesnā€™t get the credit he deserved.
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 22:51 - Dec 26 with 1314 viewsgrabsplatter

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 21:56 - Dec 26 by jacksfullaces

just a couple of points and I will caveat it with the view I have always had that selling to these was a big mistake at the time, and footballing wise we have been on gentle spiral of decline for 5 or 6 years.

point 1 is a gentle reminder that everyone was happy with their spend over the Summer, its only subsequent performances that have now determined it was a 'bad spend'

point 2 is genuinely what do we expect to come that is better. No -one is going to inject immediate cash or quality, if anything it is likely we would have owners who would spend less, not more.

on the basis of the latter point it could be outweighed I guess if they put a good long term prospect in place who built things slowly. but we sort of had one of those in Martin and everyone got bored with him.

fact is if we are not winning, and getting the odd hiding, we assume there is a fairy godmother out there that will or would have done everything so much better....

Regarding point 1 - saying everyone was happy with the summer transfer window just isn't true, there were plenty of us who were questioning the lack of a creative attacking midfielder.
I've no issue with the amount we spent, given the income/running costs deficit I'd say that it was fair.
What is unacceptable is the performance of our 'big money ' signings & that can only be judged once we've seen them playing.
Over Ā£2 million spent on each of Yates, Tymon & Khukarevic.
Yates has been poor, Tymon ordinary at best & Khukarevic barely seen at all. With our budget we just can't afford to get signings like those wrong.
None of us could make a judgement on the Ukrainian because we hadn't seen anything of him.
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 22:57 - Dec 26 with 1301 viewsmajorraglan

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club on 20:19 - Dec 26 by QJumpingJack

From what I have been told by someone at another Championship club, Whitaker did not wish to stay with us.

Birch is badly missed at the club. He steadied the ship. He was a great communicator. And he appointed Cooper who led us to two play-offs.
Again I have no idea why Jase and Steve didn't make more of an effort to keep Birch.

Iā€™ve no inside track, but your comment re Whittaker doesnā€™t surprise me in the least. He was brought back to Swansea mid season, it seemed he was potentially available to Martin, but then wasnā€™t used, it looked like he was attracting interest from Ipswich then possibly Rangers then nothing and heā€™s then staying with the Swans. I might be wrong, but I seem to recall he even made himself unavailable at one point, possibly after a move failed to happen?

Not knowing what was said etc, but putting oneself in Whittakerā€™s shoes, if the above is correct I can understand why he might be unhappy and want out.
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 00:23 - Dec 27 with 1203 viewsRobbie

My Old fart opinion from the beloved North Bank .

A case now of Swansea Town , our town against any money making , quick buck profiteer .

History tells us there have been some colourful characters in the Boardroom bygone days .
The rot started in Petty , chuck in the Kevin Cullis era also .

At least some of the past figureheads , some with iffy CVs, tried their best and did keep The Swans afloat , local people , Mel Nurse leading at the front on one occasion .

Who runs our Club now , asset strippers and chancers from over the pond , no idea .

Life was so simple standing in line on the Vetch Field turnstiles , pay cash and buy a pasty .

Awful result against Southamton , Russell Martin must have been underneath ecstatic .
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 00:48 - Dec 27 with 1165 viewsFireboy2

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 00:23 - Dec 27 by Robbie

My Old fart opinion from the beloved North Bank .

A case now of Swansea Town , our town against any money making , quick buck profiteer .

History tells us there have been some colourful characters in the Boardroom bygone days .
The rot started in Petty , chuck in the Kevin Cullis era also .

At least some of the past figureheads , some with iffy CVs, tried their best and did keep The Swans afloat , local people , Mel Nurse leading at the front on one occasion .

Who runs our Club now , asset strippers and chancers from over the pond , no idea .

Life was so simple standing in line on the Vetch Field turnstiles , pay cash and buy a pasty .

Awful result against Southamton , Russell Martin must have been underneath ecstatic .

šŸ‘

How I miss the NB.
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 01:11 - Dec 27 with 1146 viewsBillyChong

Coleman - no experience of running a club in this format.

Gude - no experience whatsoever in football.

One gets appointed and brings his golf buddy over for a job.

Recipe for disaster without going beyond the two of them.

Sleepwalking into a disaster.
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 09:41 - Dec 27 with 948 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

It doesnā€™t feel right to criticise the players too much for me. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any real lack of effort just the club is set up to fail from the very top to the very bottom. We just arenā€™t doing the basics right on or off the pitch. Playing several players out of their natural positions, the formation is utterly bizarre. What coach looks at Jamie Paterson and Ollie cooper and thinks ā€œhmm he would make a good pressing forward and will hold the ball up wellā€? Weā€™re essentially playing with a two man midfield. Grimes and Fulton get a lot of stock but they have very little protection.

Who thinks sticking Liam Cullen on the right wing will result in chances galore? Or an inexperienced centre back at right back getting rinsed constantly by their left winger just left there without any help?

Whoever comes in just needs to get the basics right first. A system that suits the players we have. We have players who can hurt teams but they are being completely nullified by the way they are being asked to play.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 10:03 - Dec 27 with 906 viewsjack247

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 09:41 - Dec 27 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It doesnā€™t feel right to criticise the players too much for me. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any real lack of effort just the club is set up to fail from the very top to the very bottom. We just arenā€™t doing the basics right on or off the pitch. Playing several players out of their natural positions, the formation is utterly bizarre. What coach looks at Jamie Paterson and Ollie cooper and thinks ā€œhmm he would make a good pressing forward and will hold the ball up wellā€? Weā€™re essentially playing with a two man midfield. Grimes and Fulton get a lot of stock but they have very little protection.

Who thinks sticking Liam Cullen on the right wing will result in chances galore? Or an inexperienced centre back at right back getting rinsed constantly by their left winger just left there without any help?

Whoever comes in just needs to get the basics right first. A system that suits the players we have. We have players who can hurt teams but they are being completely nullified by the way they are being asked to play.

Great post.

They did seem to give up yesterday, but other than that I completely agree.
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 10:10 - Dec 27 with 888 viewsonehunglow

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 10:03 - Dec 27 by jack247

Great post.

They did seem to give up yesterday, but other than that I completely agree.

My opinion,they are broken.
Ok,I wonā€™t single out individuals BUT players need leadership and they have nine not off the pitch nor on it nor from the bench.
They continue to fail to do basic stuff . Watching our ā€œ strikerā€ is painful.His body language alone should ring alarm bells .
Few players set out to lose ,none to play badly but for many seasons average ,mediocre players have been mucked about and what we are seeing now is the grotesque manifestation of it all.

It can be fixed however

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 10:29 - Dec 27 with 845 viewsjack247

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 10:10 - Dec 27 by onehunglow

My opinion,they are broken.
Ok,I wonā€™t single out individuals BUT players need leadership and they have nine not off the pitch nor on it nor from the bench.
They continue to fail to do basic stuff . Watching our ā€œ strikerā€ is painful.His body language alone should ring alarm bells .
Few players set out to lose ,none to play badly but for many seasons average ,mediocre players have been mucked about and what we are seeing now is the grotesque manifestation of it all.

It can be fixed however

Of course it can.

Play players to suit their skillsets, or at the very least play them in their natural positions. Key and Ashby injured, games like that are exactly why Naughton got an extension. Playing a talented but inexperienced, left footed centre back there is throwing him to the wolves.

Itā€™s up there with Cullen on the wing.
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 17:49 - Dec 27 with 683 viewsbennytheblue

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 10:29 - Dec 27 by jack247

Of course it can.

Play players to suit their skillsets, or at the very least play them in their natural positions. Key and Ashby injured, games like that are exactly why Naughton got an extension. Playing a talented but inexperienced, left footed centre back there is throwing him to the wolves.

Itā€™s up there with Cullen on the wing.

Donā€™t think you lot will sink but how come you havenā€™t got a manager yet?? Were they banking on the spurs guy? Going to be a tough season Iā€™m sure like we had last year but alls not lost but hard to see how things can change with current ownership, who can they sell next? Or should you try and off them now?
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 18:02 - Dec 27 with 670 viewsKeithHaynes

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 17:49 - Dec 27 by bennytheblue

Donā€™t think you lot will sink but how come you havenā€™t got a manager yet?? Were they banking on the spurs guy? Going to be a tough season Iā€™m sure like we had last year but alls not lost but hard to see how things can change with current ownership, who can they sell next? Or should you try and off them now?

They wonā€™t pay for a decent manager mate, simple as.

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 18:48 - Dec 27 with 620 viewsbennytheblue

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 18:02 - Dec 27 by KeithHaynes

They wonā€™t pay for a decent manager mate, simple as.

But you generally always find a decent one? Maybe not duff but Martin looks okā€¦.canā€™t recall you lot getting two duffs in a row so to speak? Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find another but has the fortune run out?
As much as Iā€™ve wanted a change of owner at our place, Tan has deep pockets, if he wants to keep paying for his mistakes itā€™s up to him, Iā€™m not sure your lot are quite the same? Would the bluebird from the valleys steady the ship?
šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 19:33 - Dec 27 with 578 viewsjack247

šŸ”“ Not fit to wear our clubs shirt and not fit to run our club ? on 17:49 - Dec 27 by bennytheblue

Yes, they were banking on the Spurs guy. Seems like he was on a short list of one. They didnā€™t know how much the package would cost and baulked when they found out, hence we are where we are now.

The majority of us think they are incompetent and this is a cracking example of why.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024