Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expecting Chair to be selected today 08:26 - Feb 24 with 1319 viewsnumptydumpty

What do we think ??

I think he will be in first eleven today.

Whether thats right or wrong is another matter
[Post edited 24 Feb 8:26]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Expecting Chair to be selected today on 08:30 - Feb 24 with 1277 viewsnumptydumpty

Am expecting him to perform extremely well in adversity

As said in other cases such as Mason Greenwood, was immediately suspended before the trial happened.

But I am expecting Chair will be in our team until the appeal has been decided.

Appreciate he is an extremely important player for ourselves but it does indicate a lack of morality perhaps.
[Post edited 24 Feb 8:39]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Expecting Chair to be selected today on 08:50 - Feb 24 with 1176 viewsMalintabuk

In 1984 in Nottingham I was arrested and charged with Affray and subsequently found guilty. This was at the time of the miners strike and we were flying pickets, dragged off the bus by the police, beaten up by the police and us charged with affray.
I never lost my job as a miner over this conviction but even today it shows up on an enhanced DBS
So I guess the club have every right to be like the NCB and still employ Chair, even with a criminal record.
Should they play him .... in my mind doubtful. Not only morally, as for me, as a player he has extra responsibility as a role model which I believe he as failed in. Also though can he perform as an athlete under this pressure, as I'm sure he will get dogs abuse from the visiting terraces.
For me he shouldn't play
Expecting Chair to be selected today on 08:54 - Feb 24 with 1158 viewsessextaxiboy

He has been playing for the last 3.5 years after this incident took place . The Club must have been aware of the allegations and impending trial.
They appear to take the view that the legals are not concluded so maybe nothing has changed regarding his availability in their eyes.
Looks like he has not engaged with the process at all until this point and is paying for it. Whether he can recover from it and get a reduction in sentence on appeal and pay some compo to the injured guy remains to be seen . He now knows that actions, as always have consequences .
I think he should be selected today , assessed on his performance as usual until the appeal is exhausted . If he goes to jail then it becomes a moral judgement for the Club.

IMO they should then cancel his contract and cut him loose .
Expecting Chair to be selected today on 09:18 - Feb 24 with 1064 viewsstevec

Will come down to his present state of mind.

Imagine the club will want to play him as it’s a home game and only a relative handful of away supporters in attendance.
Expecting Chair to be selected today on 10:00 - Feb 24 with 894 viewsSpaceman_P

The problem is everyone is still in the dark, it's still hearsay!!
Expecting Chair to be selected today on 10:05 - Feb 24 with 863 viewsdaveB

I think he'll play
Expecting Chair to be selected today on 10:09 - Feb 24 with 840 viewshoops_legend

Expecting Chair to be selected today on 10:05 - Feb 24 by daveB

I think he'll play

I think he will play- we need him

If he was a danger to society he would be actually in prison rather than playing football for a team
Expecting Chair to be selected today on 10:18 - Feb 24 with 773 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Let’s support our player and not throw him out to the wolves. He has been a great servant of ours and always present and has scored vital goals. Let’s support him in a difficult time just like the lorry drivers family and friends would have supported him and best wishes to the lorry driver. Let’s wait for the full outcome before calling Ilias names or slating him

DonnieR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024