Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread 11:00 - Mar 24 with 9982 viewsModeratorC

It’s Easter there’s bloody bunnies everywhere and hats and eggs. Puking kids and the odd beer no doubt as well. Two games in quick succession, some would say important ones. Here’s the first.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62192
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62194
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62196
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62198
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62199
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62208/swans-return-to-no

This post has been edited by an administrator
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:43 - Mar 29 with 1409 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62199

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:50 - Mar 29 with 1355 viewsdantheswansman

One of the worst games i have seen under Luke, we were pedestrian from the first minute, i dread to think what an actual football team could have done to us today, thank god it was only Sheff Wed the worst team i have seen all season, yet again RushWorth saved us on more than one occasion and thank the lord for Jamal Lowe, i think our boys ate their Easter eggs early or really thought it would be walk in the park, unacceptable, when you're playing that badly then just don't lose and to be fair they didn't
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:28 - Mar 29 with 1258 viewsDr_Winston

If the boss picks a team containing Fulton and Grimes then it's pretty clear that we're not looking to be all action. Unless despite the mountain of evidence that exists to the contrary he thinks that a midfield of those two will provide it, which raises all sorts of other questions.

The team took their lead from the selection.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:54 - Mar 29 with 1202 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:50 - Mar 29 by dantheswansman

One of the worst games i have seen under Luke, we were pedestrian from the first minute, i dread to think what an actual football team could have done to us today, thank god it was only Sheff Wed the worst team i have seen all season, yet again RushWorth saved us on more than one occasion and thank the lord for Jamal Lowe, i think our boys ate their Easter eggs early or really thought it would be walk in the park, unacceptable, when you're playing that badly then just don't lose and to be fair they didn't

Makes you wonder why Jamal doesn't start
That should have been an opportunity for Yates

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:33 - Mar 29 with 1122 viewsFlashberryjack

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:28 - Mar 29 by Dr_Winston

If the boss picks a team containing Fulton and Grimes then it's pretty clear that we're not looking to be all action. Unless despite the mountain of evidence that exists to the contrary he thinks that a midfield of those two will provide it, which raises all sorts of other questions.

The team took their lead from the selection.

I'm losing the little faith I had in our manager after just about every game I see us play, win, loss or draw.

It seems like we take 3 steps forward and 4 steps back, has he made any improvement to the team ? it's a big no from me.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:51 - Mar 29 with 1081 viewsWhiterockin

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:33 - Mar 29 by Flashberryjack

I'm losing the little faith I had in our manager after just about every game I see us play, win, loss or draw.

It seems like we take 3 steps forward and 4 steps back, has he made any improvement to the team ? it's a big no from me.

One defeat in the last six games is progress to me, albeit in some games it hasn't been pretty.
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:11 - Mar 29 with 1045 viewssw02sea

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:21 - Mar 29 by ReslovenSwan1

I am conservative and had to work very hard to get cash. When I saw the lads on the razz with the managers blessing after Cardiff games I suggested a trip to the beach for some dune running. Some beasting to regain focus.

It is absolutely no good beating Cardiff with a top level performance and being total dross before and after. It is an insult to the fans. The players knew they could "get away with it"
You get away with nothing when you wear that shirt. 100% every game.
[Post edited 29 Mar 17:30]

Absolutely agree. I am getting so peed off with these players.
Last week I was down the Rose in Mumbles after the Scum game, and the players were there celebrating with Swans fans.
Everything was hunky Dori, with congratulations everywhere, because you felt the players really got it, and gave 100% for the jersey against the old enemy.
Fast forward to this afternoon.
Are these same players taking the piss ?
I watched the whole game, and it was about as enjoyable as someone who can’t see a dentist, and has to extract his own painful tooth with a pliers.
Far too much dead wood.
Three managers haven’t got a tune out of these players, plus the majority of the 13 Watson (the less said the better ) transfers, Rushworth and Key excluded.
If players can’t be asked unless it a derby game with a full house, then why should I bother renewing my season ticket for next year ?
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:19 - Mar 29 with 1017 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:33 - Mar 29 by Flashberryjack

Every time I see or hear Williams spout his crap about how he is planning for the next game I reach for the sick bag
We beat Cardiff
He fistedthe crowd
He drank shots in Wind St
Boohoo.

Today,was reality

I just hope we s rape enough points to survive .sort out the dead wood and he moves to greener pastures .
Yeah,I know .

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:31 - Mar 29 with 976 viewsjack247

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:19 - Mar 29 by onehunglow

Every time I see or hear Williams spout his crap about how he is planning for the next game I reach for the sick bag
We beat Cardiff
He fistedthe crowd
Boohoo.

Today,was reality

I just hope we s rape enough points to survive .sort out the dead wood and he moves to greener pastures .
Yeah,I know .

Relax. We’re safe
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:35 - Mar 29 with 968 viewssw02sea

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:19 - Mar 29 by onehunglow

We beat Cardiff
He fistedthe crowd
Boohoo.

Today,was reality

Yeah,I know .

A manager that starts with the chuckle brothers (Grimes& Fulton) before Joe Allen, and doesn’t expect walking football, is a worrying observation if you’re a Swans fan.
Also worrying is his substitutions. Granted Lowe was the exception today as he scored, but the number of games that we are actually worse after his changes are mounting.
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:39 - Mar 29 with 937 viewsFlashberryjack

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:51 - Mar 29 by Whiterockin

One defeat in the last six games is progress to me, albeit in some games it hasn't been pretty.

Yes we've had a reasonable return of points, enough to almost creep us out of the relegation zone, but is that progress as a club ?

We are so predictable, we have a blunt attack and a defence that looks very fragile (thank god for our on loan keeper) or we would definitely be in relegation trouble.

It depends on what your idea of progress is, but this isn't mine.

Hello

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:40 - Mar 29 with 932 viewsWhiterockin

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:31 - Mar 29 by jack247

Relax. We’re safe

7 games to go, 9 teams below us with a better goal difference than 8 of them, 3 points clear of the nearest team and 8 points above the bottom three.

Yes we can relax.
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:41 - Mar 29 with 930 viewsjack247

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:35 - Mar 29 by sw02sea

A manager that starts with the chuckle brothers (Grimes& Fulton) before Joe Allen, and doesn’t expect walking football, is a worrying observation if you’re a Swans fan.
Also worrying is his substitutions. Granted Lowe was the exception today as he scored, but the number of games that we are actually worse after his changes are mounting.

I’m pretty sure it was a case of saving Allen for QPR.
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:43 - Mar 29 with 929 viewsRichardO

He has gone for what he considers a safer bet in midfield in away games while also taking into account resting Joe who he would consider a better option for the home game.
For me get points on the table as soon as we can then we can introduce more youngsters, this way is tempting fate over thinking things, "we only need a couple of points to keep us safe," we saw how that turned out in the Premier league
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:43 - Mar 29 with 924 viewsjack247

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:39 - Mar 29 by Flashberryjack

Yes we've had a reasonable return of points, enough to almost creep us out of the relegation zone, but is that progress as a club ?

We are so predictable, we have a blunt attack and a defence that looks very fragile (thank god for our on loan keeper) or we would definitely be in relegation trouble.

It depends on what your idea of progress is, but this isn't mine.

Progress is relative.

We’re in a far better place than we were before Williams came in IMO. That’s progress. Not saying it’s good enough, but it’s better than it was.
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:54 - Mar 29 with 882 viewsFlashberryjack

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:43 - Mar 29 by jack247

Progress is relative.

We’re in a far better place than we were before Williams came in IMO. That’s progress. Not saying it’s good enough, but it’s better than it was.

We've changed from a very weak team to a downright mediocre team, so I concede, that is progress of a sort, but not enough to give me confidence not to be fighting another relegation battle in next seasons campaign.

Apologies for being pessimistic, but that's just how I feel.

Hello

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:00 - Mar 29 with 868 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:31 - Mar 29 by jack247

Relax. We’re safe

He fisted the crowd...what all 20 thousand of us? He didn't get near my behind I can promise you that
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:26 - Mar 29 with 808 viewsunion_jack

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:54 - Mar 29 by Flashberryjack

We've changed from a very weak team to a downright mediocre team, so I concede, that is progress of a sort, but not enough to give me confidence not to be fighting another relegation battle in next seasons campaign.

That was far from a mediocre display today.

And you’ve got every right to be pessimistic about the future. What else have we got to go on?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:27 - Mar 29 with 809 viewsDr_Winston

On paper recent fixtures have been kinder than they were when he first took over, so you'd expect an uptick in results. The addition of Ronald and Placheta has also provided the pace and width that has sorely been lacking for far too long. How much input Williams had on their signings is open to debate, but a big mark in his favour is that he's actually using them now he's got them unlike several of his predecessors.

It's also very encouraging that we haven't immediately reverted to a defensive three despite having the players to do so. A sign that he's learned from his initial mistakes maybe, or just him biding his time until he feels confident enough to try it again like his mentor used to. Only time will tell, but hopefully the former.

Otherwise we aren't massively better than we were under Sheehan if we're being honest. Certainly against the better teams in the division you could make a decent case that we've actually looked worse than we did when Duff was here. Still, we beat Cardiff and he did shots with the boys so that will buy him lots of time and followers willing to make excuses for him in the future if needed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:31 - Mar 29 with 793 viewsunion_jack

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:27 - Mar 29 by Dr_Winston

On paper recent fixtures have been kinder than they were when he first took over, so you'd expect an uptick in results. The addition of Ronald and Placheta has also provided the pace and width that has sorely been lacking for far too long. How much input Williams had on their signings is open to debate, but a big mark in his favour is that he's actually using them now he's got them unlike several of his predecessors.

It's also very encouraging that we haven't immediately reverted to a defensive three despite having the players to do so. A sign that he's learned from his initial mistakes maybe, or just him biding his time until he feels confident enough to try it again like his mentor used to. Only time will tell, but hopefully the former.

Otherwise we aren't massively better than we were under Sheehan if we're being honest. Certainly against the better teams in the division you could make a decent case that we've actually looked worse than we did when Duff was here. Still, we beat Cardiff and he did shots with the boys so that will buy him lots of time and followers willing to make excuses for him in the future if needed.

You mention the pace added by Placheta and Ronald. Ok, I’ll give you Ronald to an extent though he’s a little weak at times but Placheta hasn’t inspired me. He’s no worse than we have but not up to some of the players other so called mediocre sides have in their ranks.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:55 - Mar 29 with 737 viewsFlashberryjack

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:26 - Mar 29 by union_jack

That was far from a mediocre display today.

And you’ve got every right to be pessimistic about the future. What else have we got to go on?

You are right, that wasn't a mediocre display, it was an awful display.

Hello

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 01:30 - Mar 30 with 573 viewsjack247

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:54 - Mar 29 by Flashberryjack

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think we’re going to be challenging at the top next season. We’ve gone from atrocious to run of the mill.

Fully appreciate Michael Duff is an incredibly low bar to set.
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:07 - Mar 30 with 496 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:55 - Mar 29 by Flashberryjack

You are right, that wasn't a mediocre display, it was an awful display.

I keep read the same garbage after a decent win,like Cardiff.
How we are going to move on,build on it,finish the season on a high,then we witness that crap.
This is the reality I keep going on about .
Williams seems incapable of building on wins .
Now,,people want to argue that m fine,but I fail to see a new dawn with him . We have heard all this before .
Finally,a word about Grimes .

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:38 - Mar 30 with 471 viewsvetchonian

really?
We were losing before the subs were made then we scored following the subs

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:48 - Mar 30 with 454 viewsvetchonian

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:43 - Mar 29 by RichardO

He has gone for what he considers a safer bet in midfield in away games while also taking into account resting Joe who he would consider a better option for the home game.
For me get points on the table as soon as we can then we can introduce more youngsters, this way is tempting fate over thinking things, "we only need a couple of points to keep us safe," we saw how that turned out in the Premier league

I agree Richard..I suspect he is resting Joey for the home games so we can play more with the intent we saw against Cardiff and enthuse the crowd.Joey is not up to playing 90 mins and certainlybnot capable of sustained performances with matched 2 days apart.
In fairness to the manager he has arrived mid season with little input to his squad he had brought some improvement.... points away from home are always good even a draw against relegatin candidates fighting for survival. Let's get behind him and them judge him after his first 10 games next season.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024