Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not fun, not big, not clever 19:38 - Apr 6 with 409 viewsalexferguson60

I didn't go today.

It was not that I couldn't face another 4 hour roundtrip after Monday's jaunt to Swansea. It was a small matter of a mother-in-law in pallative care, a pregnant wife gone to look after her, her father and her sister in panic stations, and the fact that neglecting my babysitting duties for a day in the sunshine would probably have put a downer on things.

So I resorted to watching that beautiful game online, and boy, was it a fight.

The first few minutes were a fight because my 3-year old decided to battle it out with me for possession of the TV remote. She wanted to watch her buddies Peppa and Blippi, and i wanted to see if I could spot any mates in the crowd.

She won the battle. Mostly because she yelled more and I couldn't take the histronics. You have the Ipad AND the remote, kid. I'll grab the laptop and we can all be happy.

Well, watching that dross for the best part of 2 hours was something that you couldn't describe as a fun experience. Like my parenting ways left when left alone with my daughter, it was a little half-arsed on the edge of disaster.

QPR could - and should - have been 1-0 down at the break, with Dean Windass' son providing one of the misses of the season. The second half, we were stuck on the blocks, so much so that our spikes were in the wood and we weren't really straining to get out of them.

Sam Field doesn't close down his man. A comical deflection. 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday. The hordes on the top of the School End celebrate. The TV angles are more apt to show the celebrations of an away end more than the home one, and the Northerners looked happy.

Meanwhile in my household, Poppy was happy and silent. I was unhappy but ensuring that my words of rage were sent out to my QPR friends' Whatsapp group.

Anderson hits the bar. I groan. Poppy looks around. And turns back. I turn around.

Not going to be our day, is it?

Three pretty clear heading chances go missing with Dunne, Armstrong and Dykes the culprits. Then, nothing, until Wednesday take the 2-0 lead.

I could have done with a break. I really could have done. It's not been the easiest few days. Wait a minute. It's been a f**king rough few days. I wanted QPR to provide a break. I was almost mentally begging them to.

But they didn't.

The wife's offered me the chance to go to Plymouth away (I live about an hour away). I already have the ticket.

If we're this crap on Tuesday night, it might be the death of me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024