Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massimo Luongo - Ex Balon dor Nominee at QPR 01:50 - Apr 14 with 1180 viewsnumptydumpty

Noticed after Luongo scored a great goal for Ipswich to put them top of the Championship - anyone know why he left us.

Was here for 4 seasons from 2015 to 2019.

Been almost an ever present for Ipswich ie 40 league games so far. Think he was hardly injured for us also.

Was captain here at times and actually still only 31 now.

A player that went under the radar here perhaps - although 2017 to 2018 was QPR player of the season.

Anyone know the circumstances of his departure, think he left at similar time to Luke Freeman and Josh Scowen
[Post edited 14 Apr 2:06]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Massimo Luongo - Ex Balon dor Nominee at QPR on 03:36 - Apr 14 with 1081 viewsnix

We sold him to Sheff Wed.

I think he was on quite a wedge with us and we needed some cash. But when you think of some of the midfielders we've been through since, we might have been better keeping him.

He was definitely marmite among the fans though. I used to have an argument every week with people who thought he was useless because he didn't score enough and wasn't on the ball much. I thought he was excellent at breaking up play and closing down space. We could have really done with that yesterday,

However I do admit he was always terrible after coming back from international squads for Aus, especially once when he didn't get picked for the world cup matches, despite being chosen for the squad and I think he played in the qualifiers from memory. He was awful for months after that.
Massimo Luongo - Ex Balon dor Nominee at QPR on 07:14 - Apr 14 with 936 viewsnumptydumpty

Massimo Luongo - Ex Balon dor Nominee at QPR on 03:36 - Apr 14 by nix

We sold him to Sheff Wed.

I think he was on quite a wedge with us and we needed some cash. But when you think of some of the midfielders we've been through since, we might have been better keeping him.

He was definitely marmite among the fans though. I used to have an argument every week with people who thought he was useless because he didn't score enough and wasn't on the ball much. I thought he was excellent at breaking up play and closing down space. We could have really done with that yesterday,

However I do admit he was always terrible after coming back from international squads for Aus, especially once when he didn't get picked for the world cup matches, despite being chosen for the squad and I think he played in the qualifiers from memory. He was awful for months after that.

Yes Nix

That was basically his game, breaking up play and extra support to the back four.

He didn't score many but he was a cdm so understandable

I can remember him as consistent without ever massively excelling.

The balon d'or nomination whilst with us was baffling but think it was dependent on being an oceanic representative on the list.

And was our player of the season one year.

A decent consistent player and can not remember him getting injured that much.

Can't remember drop in form after internationals. Maybe got home sick perhaps. Plus heck of a journey down there.

And as you say proved himself over many years, and probably better than several we have had since.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Massimo Luongo - Ex Balon dor Nominee at QPR on 07:40 - Apr 14 with 884 viewsstevec

If you ever needed a CDM who spent a large portion of a 90 minutes going backwards and sideways to the RB, Massimo’s your man.

Field, Colback and Hayden are far better players largely handicapped by the clowns in front of them.

Never quite expected this renaissance he’s had at Ipswich, not least he failed at clubs after he departed LR, but perhaps it sheds some light on this place that for so many years now, fails to get the best out of what we do have.
Massimo Luongo - Ex Balon dor Nominee at QPR on 08:30 - Apr 14 with 769 viewsGus_iom

Let's face it, his Balon d'or nomination was an equity move.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024