Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Term Report 23/24 – Defenders 17:07 - May 19 with 5262 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62484
End of Term Report 23/24 – Defenders on 21:06 - May 21 with 459 viewssevenhoop

End of Term Report 23/24 – Defenders on 09:31 - May 21 by Northernr

As we say on the pod, 'recency bias' is huge in these things. We were poor for the majority of the season.

I'm still fuming that Luongo got POTY here when Freeman had carried the team on his back by himself through the whole winter.

Well it may be recency bias for me, but I’ve been surprised and disappointed in equal measure at the overall lack of accolades for Jimmy Dunne and his role in our staying up. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that we would not have survived if it wasn’t for him being moved to right back. He was simply outstanding (not just good) in almost every game, as good going forward (including hugely influential in set plays at that end of the pitch) as he was defensively, again massively shoring us up at set plays. His defensive skill and direct and positive runs going forward was incredible to see, considering how all of us viewed him previously. And the last minute goal against Birmingham was one of the great moments of this, or any other, season.

We all know he’s a great all round bloke, committed and never-complaining. Must be great to have in the dressing room, just what you need when up against it.

As I said in a previous post, with the exception of Danny Simpson, he’s easily the best right back we’ve had since Bardsley, and I think he’s been mainly overlooked in the huge part he played in our survival.

Whilst I agree on Cook and JCS, for all those reasons- and the face that, in my view, we wouldn’t have had a season without him being installed at right back, he’s my player of the season.
End of Term Report 23/24 – Defenders on 21:07 - May 21 with 454 viewssevenhoop

End of Term Report 23/24 – Defenders on 21:06 - May 21 by sevenhoop

Well it may be recency bias for me, but I’ve been surprised and disappointed in equal measure at the overall lack of accolades for Jimmy Dunne and his role in our staying up. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that we would not have survived if it wasn’t for him being moved to right back. He was simply outstanding (not just good) in almost every game, as good going forward (including hugely influential in set plays at that end of the pitch) as he was defensively, again massively shoring us up at set plays. His defensive skill and direct and positive runs going forward was incredible to see, considering how all of us viewed him previously. And the last minute goal against Birmingham was one of the great moments of this, or any other, season.

We all know he’s a great all round bloke, committed and never-complaining. Must be great to have in the dressing room, just what you need when up against it.

As I said in a previous post, with the exception of Danny Simpson, he’s easily the best right back we’ve had since Bardsley, and I think he’s been mainly overlooked in the huge part he played in our survival.

Whilst I agree on Cook and JCS, for all those reasons- and the face that, in my view, we wouldn’t have had a season without him being installed at right back, he’s my player of the season.

And, by the way Clive, loved the patron discussion
End of Term Report 23/24 – Defenders on 21:13 - May 21 with 436 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 23/24 – Defenders on 21:06 - May 21 by sevenhoop

It is possible that in an effort to avoid 'recency bias' we have underplayed that, hands up.
May punch him up towards a B/C.

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024