Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diving 01:17 - Jun 23 with 1046 viewsHooparoo

I love football but fck I hate all the diving. It’s laughable watching big strapping lads 6 foot 5 and 120 kilos falling over at the slightest touch. Some of the refs seem to be wising up a bit to it but all it is, is cheating. Single worst thing about our sport.

Rant over

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Diving on 01:31 - Jun 23 with 1012 viewsBoston

Try swimming, diving has become perfectly acceptable.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Diving on 01:32 - Jun 23 with 1008 viewsHooparoo

Diving on 01:31 - Jun 23 by Boston

Try swimming, diving has become perfectly acceptable.

🤣

Diving on 06:46 - Jun 23 with 910 viewsBSERs

I’va always thought there should be highlights package every Saturday showing all the diving and cheating going on. A panel could then take the piss out of them. Jack Dee would be a great host!

Bet some of the acting would stop as well.
Diving on 06:57 - Jun 23 with 891 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

What professional footballer is 6 foot 5 and 120kg, out of interest? I totally agree with your point by the way, but curious as to why that particular examaple?

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Diving on 08:28 - Jun 23 with 776 viewsstevec

Diving on 06:57 - Jun 23 by UPPERLOFTNZ

What professional footballer is 6 foot 5 and 120kg, out of interest? I totally agree with your point by the way, but curious as to why that particular examaple?

I’m 6 ft 3 and 95 kilos and I can’t even stand on one leg without falling over.
Diving on 09:30 - Jun 23 with 715 viewsHooparoo

Diving on 06:57 - Jun 23 by UPPERLOFTNZ

Just making the point that an adult male shouldn’t be getting knocked over from a little touch on the shoulder.

Diving on 10:31 - Jun 23 with 649 viewsWatford_Ranger

Diving on 09:30 - Jun 23 by Hooparoo

Just making the point that an adult male shouldn’t be getting knocked over from a little touch on the shoulder.

They shouldn’t but 120kg is almost 19 stone. Even that big lump for Hungary isn’t close to that.

Leao has had two yellows for diving already but refs refuse to give so many fouls when a player doesn’t go down. The risk to reward for throwing yourself over from minor contact makes it an easy decision.
Diving on 12:43 - Jun 23 with 513 viewsJules4367

About 25 years ago an expert in human body movement (Kinesiology) advised FIFA, UEFA and the FA that, when running and tripping the automatic, unconscious, immediate reflex action was for the arms to go down toward the ground to prepare for the fall.

He sent videos of penalty awards and categorised them as 'true trips' and 'simulation' and recommended that the various groups advise their referees and assistants to watch for the arm movements and if the arms go up then it will ALWAYS be a conscious thought, indicating premeditation and an attempt to make the tackle look worse.

Around the same time another doctor advised the various bodies that if the body is harmed e.g. broken leg, ankle, etc. the brain shuts down the limb and keeps the body still so rolling over and over or lifting a limb off the ground is at worst, over exaggeration.

Once again with video evidence he showed what was a true injury , where the injured part immediately laid still, the brain protecting the injured part and what was an exaggeration of a knock.

A final check is that if someone goes down holding their face, the ref should get them to remove their hands and there will be a mark where they have been hit. If not there then consider over reaction!

It seems so obvious and whilst it may not work in every case I have always looked at the reports as a good guide as to whether it was a trip or a dive and whether or not someone is actually injured.
[Post edited 23 Jun 12:44]
Login to get fewer ads

Diving on 16:46 - Jun 23 with 391 viewskernowhoop

Agree with most of what has been said, especially the idea of a highlights show of the pathetic attempts to cheat. IMHO the worst of this is the clutching of the face when it has hardly been touched, if at all. Fans from both sides should express their contempt for it. Wishful thinking, I suppose - they are also apt to 'cheat' by screaming for free kicks when they know perfectly well that no offence has been committed.
Diving on 15:16 - Jun 24 with 178 viewsNiko0508

Your blog is fantastic. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. https://medium.com/@solar-power-systems/understanding-solar-financing-tips-and-t
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024