Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend utd 20:32 - Jun 24 with 1820 viewsHayesender

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c5111z7gykwo

It doesn't seem that long ago we were losing 5-0 to them live on sky. There but for the grace of God etc etc

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Southend utd on 22:07 - Jun 24 with 1486 viewscolinallcars

Hope they get through. Had a few good awaydays there as a callow youth and anyone called the Shrimpers is fine with me.
Southend utd on 22:17 - Jun 24 with 1430 views222gers

My first girlfriend, Mavis Davis, was from Southend.
Southend utd on 22:36 - Jun 24 with 1376 viewsted_hendrix

We were there one Saturday afternoon and we scored the winner 1-0 In the last minute, In my infinite wisdom celebrating the goal I jumped up and grabbed the mesh fencing behind the goal albeit too late realising that the fencing had anti-vandal paint applied to It. There were signs Installed on the fencing (DOH)
That black paint was a bastard to get off my hands and steering wheel, awful long journey home In the car.

Oh how we laughed.

I have a passion for old British grounds and clubs and their history, I sincerely hope Southend United get through this.

Nothing makes sense to me anymore, I understand clubs being mismanaged financially but whatever, It's all been said before doesn't make It any easier.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Southend utd on 22:54 - Jun 24 with 1306 viewsPBLOCK

I have lived in and around Southend for over 30 years, since I was a kid and still live here now

The whole thing is a shambles with only one person culpable , Ron Martin. He makes Paladini look like a Saint

The whole new stadium thing has been in the offing for over 40 years the previous Chairman Vic Jobson announced he was gonna move the club yonks ago

Martin is a property developer and how he has accumulated his wealth is up for discussion shall we say

The club did brilliantly last year under Kevin Maher and without the points deduction and embargo would have made the play offs

The stadium makes Loftus Road look like the finest stadium in the world basically he took the ground away from the club put it in another company and then charged the club rent

The takeover has been ongoing for 8 months or so. A deal seemed to be close and then the council elections came the Tory bloke Cox got voted out and the new guy Cowan came in and ripped up what was proposed as it would have saddled the tax payer big time

The consortium have financed the club since agreeing the deal in October and have now said it needs to be done asap, Martin is running out of road but the club is in real danger

I’ve been to Southend many times down the years, took my boy to his first ever match there as a warm up to going to Rangers

Really hope they can get sorted
Southend utd on 01:07 - Jun 25 with 1154 viewsBoston

Southend utd on 22:17 - Jun 24 by 222gers

My first girlfriend, Mavis Davis, was from Southend.

Mavis told me her favourite boyfriend was Benny, from Abergavenny.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Southend utd on 01:17 - Jun 25 with 1145 viewsBoston

But, that a club that has been established since 1906, located in a metropolitan area the size of Southend and it's abutting estuary communities and is now in financial trouble, is a fcking disgrace.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Southend utd on 08:32 - Jun 25 with 947 viewsdutch

Was there for that 5-0 Friday night drubbing in the sleet and snow. Followed by a bunch of 12 year old Essex herberts offering me out, outside the station, so don't have happy memories of Southend. But still want them to survive and thrive. Do they still have Teddy Boys hanging around the Kursaal?
Southend utd on 08:52 - Jun 25 with 885 viewsessextaxiboy

Southend utd on 22:54 - Jun 24 by PBLOCK

I have lived in and around Southend for over 30 years, since I was a kid and still live here now

The whole thing is a shambles with only one person culpable , Ron Martin. He makes Paladini look like a Saint

The whole new stadium thing has been in the offing for over 40 years the previous Chairman Vic Jobson announced he was gonna move the club yonks ago

Martin is a property developer and how he has accumulated his wealth is up for discussion shall we say

The club did brilliantly last year under Kevin Maher and without the points deduction and embargo would have made the play offs

The stadium makes Loftus Road look like the finest stadium in the world basically he took the ground away from the club put it in another company and then charged the club rent

The takeover has been ongoing for 8 months or so. A deal seemed to be close and then the council elections came the Tory bloke Cox got voted out and the new guy Cowan came in and ripped up what was proposed as it would have saddled the tax payer big time

The consortium have financed the club since agreeing the deal in October and have now said it needs to be done asap, Martin is running out of road but the club is in real danger

I’ve been to Southend many times down the years, took my boy to his first ever match there as a warm up to going to Rangers

Really hope they can get sorted

I am in Wickford , just down the the road . Ron Martin is one slippery bstard .

Hope they get through it..
Login to get fewer ads

Southend utd on 11:39 - Jun 25 with 686 viewsStanisgod

I'm in Basildon and know a couple of season ticket holders. Disgrace what Martin has done but its not Premiershite so who cares.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Southend utd on 11:43 - Jun 25 with 672 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Southend utd on 11:39 - Jun 25 by Stanisgod

I'm in Basildon and know a couple of season ticket holders. Disgrace what Martin has done but its not Premiershite so who cares.

City of the greatest ever band is Basildon

DonnieR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024