Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berlin 09:45 - Sep 17 with 2974 viewsSuperhoops2808

A week on Sunday, Mrs Superhoops is running the Berlin marathon. Don't worry this is not a sponsorship request, you guys were brilliant when she did the London earlier in the year.

What I do want however are some tips around Berlin. Never been and don't have a clue about the city. We are staying in a hotel in Alexanderplatz. Mrs Superhoops travel is free all weekend and I have purchased a 5 day pass. We are flying into the main airport from City Airport.

After that I don't have a clue.

Places to eat, things to see while we are there would be really welcome please. Pubs etc are pretty useless until at least Sunday night so wouldn't worry about them either sadly.

Any help, tips etc would be much appreciated please.
[Post edited 17 Sep 9:46]
Berlin on 17:45 - Sep 24 with 408 viewsSuperhoops2808

So thanks to everyone's tips.

I have booked a river trip, a short walking tour (couple of hours), a trip to a concentration camp and also the Trabi safari tour as recommended here

Sadly left it too late to book a table at the Reichstag so if anyone knows places good for breakfast that's pretty important to us.
Berlin on 12:48 - Oct 1 with 98 viewsSuperhoops2808

Berlin on 17:45 - Sep 24 by Superhoops2808

So thanks to everyone's tips.

I have booked a river trip, a short walking tour (couple of hours), a trip to a concentration camp and also the Trabi safari tour as recommended here

Sadly left it too late to book a table at the Reichstag so if anyone knows places good for breakfast that's pretty important to us.

Back from Berlin this morning having landed at London City at the crack of dawn this morning - Travelling to the airport at 4am in Berlin was fun but excellent transport links I have to say not like this country.

Having said that until I discovered google maps I hated because their apps are not great. Anyway I digress...

Did the Trabi tour which if anyone goes to Berlin then I highly recommend that it was a lot of fun and drew a lot of attention so thanks BermudaBob.

Many suggested walking tours so we did a 2 hour one the day after the marathon which was perfect for Mrs Superhoops legs. And we had a guy from Berlin and so knowledgeable about the 3rd Reich and the Cold War. A great tour. We also did a river tour and enjoyed a few beers on board while chilling in the sun, again a great thing to do.

The trip out to Sachsenhausen was ok but it was cold, a little damp and the tour was sadly too short - I just thought we missed out on a lot. Will definitly do somewhere like Aushwitz and allow plenty of time.

Alexanderplatz as base camp was pretty good, but found food choices not to our taste - Although the kebab on the last night was the best I have ever had. Still the Missus managed to carb load when she need to so that was good enough.

The main reason for going was of course the marathon, managed to negotiate spots to watch her around the course so that was good, and most imprtantly, she knocked over 20 minutes OFF her personal best so a very emotional finish and was so happy.

All I wanted to say was thanks for all the recommendations as we had a great trip

P.S We go to Palma in 2 weeks for her next race so put your thinking caps on

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024