Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Underwhelming loans out 12:58 - Sep 27 with 1517 viewsGaryBannister86

Got me thinking, can anyone remember when we loaned a player out, they had an underwhelming spell, but eventually turned out to be good player for us? I can't think of one off hand, but there must be surely.

We all know about the success of Eze, Dieng, Chair, Les, but has anyone ever gone out on loan, ripped up zero trees, returned and done well? I am sure there must be some.

Similarly, I can only really think of Jack Clarke as being a loanee to us who didn't do much but then went on to be a success?
Underwhelming loans out on 13:29 - Sep 27 with 1373 viewsWatford_Ranger

Scott Sinclair was pretty underwhelming and somehow blagged himself silly money at City and overall had a good career. Some trophies in there at Celtic, still playing at Bristol Rovers I think.

Wouldn’t say Ben Sahar ripped up trees anywhere but also got some big clubs on his CV and plenty of caps.

Tom Heaton got England caps in that weird spell you were never more than ten yards from an England player. Just the one game for us but from memory he had quite a good game at Chelsea.
Underwhelming loans out on 13:32 - Sep 27 with 1341 viewsDannyPaddox

Did we loan Conor Washington back to the post office during their busy Christmas period one year?
Underwhelming loans out on 14:09 - Sep 27 with 1213 viewsMatch82

I know it's not us, but Harry Kane was pretty underwhelming in his loans if I recall correctly
Underwhelming loans out on 07:41 - Sep 28 with 741 viewsGloucs_R

Dani Parejo went on to play in the champions league. Was young and very average for us.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Underwhelming loans out on 09:34 - Sep 28 with 537 viewsWatford_Ranger

Underwhelming loans out on 07:41 - Sep 28 by Gloucs_R

Dani Parejo went on to play in the champions league. Was young and very average for us.

Bizarre signing that but it was a strange time. Like throwing a chihuahua into a gorilla pen.

Glorious at Villa Park.
Underwhelming loans out on 11:49 - Sep 28 with 315 viewsCateLeBonR

Hogan Ephraim? Had an underwhelming loan spell to Leeds before coming back to us and doing well in our promotion year.
Underwhelming loans out on 12:43 - Sep 28 with 207 viewsloftboy

Ferdinand didn’t pull up any trees at Brentford in the 3rd division.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Underwhelming loans out on 13:53 - Sep 28 with 125 viewsMatch82

Underwhelming loans out on 11:49 - Sep 28 by CateLeBonR

Hogan Ephraim? Had an underwhelming loan spell to Leeds before coming back to us and doing well in our promotion year.

Weird as it seems, Hogan is 3 years younger than Cristiano Ronaldo. Feels like that was decades ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024