Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hughes- Fulham fan's view 22:43 - Jan 11 with 1970 viewsFFC1

Posted this on another thread but it got a bit lost in the minor insult trading

I think Hughes is a good appointment for you and would be shocked if he didn't keep you up. I personally think he has more authority than Warnock and will be able to discipline your boys well. The type of thing Warnock did with Traore on the touchline where he embarrassed him in front of everyone after his second booking would never happen with Hughes. He earns the players' respect and they then respect him. He can be quite ruthless though if he doesn't like a player. Paintsil was good for us the year before but he didn't like him so dropped him for good, but on the whole he made good decisions.

He also got us playing good football contrary to expectations; we all thought he'd emphasise the physical side of the game but we ended up winning the fair play league. He did show plenty of passion on the touchline though (unlike Roy) and this went down well and was sometimes quite funny (such as when he cupped his ear at the Stoke fans and kicked, tried to kick a water bottle at Mick McCarthy and slapped Mancini's hand). He's a bit sensitive though, and beware that he will have been waiting for Fernandes et. al to make big promises so that some time in the future, if he needs to, he can say 'my experiences have not matched up to what was promised by the board' and walk away. That said, I think he's an honourable guy and when he did walk away, at least he did it at the end of his contract and not mid season.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Mark Hughes- Fulham fan's view on 23:02 - Jan 11 with 1923 viewsBluce_Ree

Sounds pretty positive to me. Ta!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Mark Hughes- Fulham fan's view on 23:06 - Jan 11 with 1902 viewsJuzzie

Considering what Warnock did for QPR, he was always going to be a hard act to follow.

If results pick up and we get through the next half a dozen games with a good number of points in the bag and we then stay up, then it will really be a case of 'the king is dead, long live the king'.

Most non-QPR people I speak to seem to think he's a good appointment. I hope they, and yourself, are correct and he does the business.

Mark Hughes- Fulham fan's view on 23:20 - Jan 11 with 1864 viewsQPHA

I heard he didn't take out an escape clause in the contract, must have been some seriously big roll of notes offered.
Mark Hughes- Fulham fan's view on 23:31 - Jan 11 with 1838 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I have full faith in Hughes, but his 'agent' terrifies me.

Will turn his head as soon as any sort of success arrives at QPR.
Mark Hughes- Fulham fan's view on 23:32 - Jan 11 with 1833 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I have full faith in Hughes, but his 'agent' terrifies me.

Will turn his head as soon as any sort of success arrives at QPR.
Mark Hughes- Fulham fan's view on 08:55 - Jan 12 with 1684 viewsTonto

Thanks for the honest an unbiased thoughts.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024