Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Experienced' Manager Apply within 18:04 - Jan 14 with 2768 viewsAndyH

Maybe too late to rescue but inexperience has cost us dearly........
'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 18:08 - Jan 14 with 2721 viewsMattDalemon

No experienced manager will want to come here under the terms and conditions we offer. We can't compete in this league on our budget and crowds, we have punched above our weight massively since we got promoted.
'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 18:17 - Jan 14 with 2678 views442Dale

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 18:08 - Jan 14 by MattDalemon

No experienced manager will want to come here under the terms and conditions we offer. We can't compete in this league on our budget and crowds, we have punched above our weight massively since we got promoted.

What are our terms and budget?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 18:21 - Jan 14 with 2647 viewsolympicdale

i cant stand this 'punching above our weight' stuff, its just like saying we should know our place, what would that be, 18th in L2? This is the attitude from the fans Hill fought against with bringing the club forward, making the club believe we could achieve, which has been lost since he left.

Life is a game of fate.

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 18:24 - Jan 14 with 2621 viewsBigKindo

And Stevenage and The Buckets and.............
'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 18:30 - Jan 14 with 2594 viewsD_Alien

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 18:21 - Jan 14 by olympicdale

i cant stand this 'punching above our weight' stuff, its just like saying we should know our place, what would that be, 18th in L2? This is the attitude from the fans Hill fought against with bringing the club forward, making the club believe we could achieve, which has been lost since he left.

Agreed

tbh, I'd be happy if we were just "punching" at the moment, at any weight!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 18:44 - Jan 14 with 2544 viewsolympicdale

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 18:30 - Jan 14 by D_Alien

Agreed

tbh, I'd be happy if we were just "punching" at the moment, at any weight!

its like saying know your place dont think you can ever achieve, we have every right to be where we are, we have earned it.

Life is a game of fate.

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 18:47 - Jan 14 with 2534 viewsBobbyjoe

Chopping and changing gets you nowhere. It's too easy to say, "Sack this manager.......Get rid of that player!". You have to adopt a strategy for at least a season, then re-assess. A Hill/Eyre/Beech-type appointment is still the way forward, for me. The worrying prospect is (or should be), reaching the same point next season, and for things to still be in disarray. Managed decline may not be a very inspiring rallying-cry, but it's surely better than sinking without trace.
'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 18:55 - Jan 14 with 2490 viewscornishdale

I also hate this Rochdale are punching above their weight. Its absolute rubbish. this team deserves to be in league 1 because of a sustained effort over 4 years. lets be honest if we based our resources on how far we can punch our weight we would be struggling in the conference.
Our team has moved on and how dare anyone suggest fans should accept this. Hilcroft did not believe it and stuck two fingers up at tradition and got us promoted and sustained our position. We are doing poorly now because we have had clueless managers who do not know what systems to play, who plays where, how to motivate a team and get the best out of them, as well as signings players who woulf fill the actual voids. The board have done this on the cheap and ultimatley i believe relegation will cost this club more. We should of pushed on invested in a manager who could take us to that next level. For gods sake apparantley unbelievable managers wanted the job.
Login to get fewer ads

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:00 - Jan 14 with 2465 viewsPassmondsBlue

Go for experience then, who would come?

Paul Ince
Peter Read
Ronny Moore
Mark Robins

Do they know more than Chris Beach or have the club at heart like Chris Beach

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:04 - Jan 14 with 2437 viewsRooleyblue

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:00 - Jan 14 by PassmondsBlue

Paul Ince
Peter Read
Ronny Moore
Mark Robins

it wouldn't matter if they had the club at heart, as long as they did the job they were paid to do.
if they do well at Rochdale, who knows where the next job could be, ie Hillcroft.
'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:12 - Jan 14 with 2407 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Paul Ince
Peter Read
Ronny Moore
Mark Robins

Iain Dowie lives in Bolton, I spose its if he wants to get on the Manager merry go round or happy on soccer Saturday.

May be worth a punt.

Andy Ritchie's wage demands would now be much lower I would expect, but has he been out the game to long.

If we were to stop going for the most expensive cheap options ever, i'd go for John Coleman, he cant be on a fortune at Accy, and would have 5 months to build for next season.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:16 - Jan 14 with 2384 viewsSuddenLad

Paul Ince
Peter Read
Ronny Moore
Mark Robins

If Ince came anywhere near Spotland, I'd be spending a lot more time at home on a Saturday afternoon.

I hope someone at the club can tell us that this is another story way off the mark:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11765/7429248/

As if we weren't in enough trouble................

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:24 - Jan 14 with 2355 viewsDroylsdenBlue

I don't understand why people want Coleman from Accy, Isnt that going back to the little Rochdale mentality? We missed a great opportunity when Hill left, we were in the best position in history to be able to attract a decent manager. We will now struggle, as much as I wanted Beech to do well he clearly isn't up to the job
'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:27 - Jan 14 with 2324 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:24 - Jan 14 by DroylsdenBlue

I don't understand why people want Coleman from Accy, Isnt that going back to the little Rochdale mentality? We missed a great opportunity when Hill left, we were in the best position in history to be able to attract a decent manager. We will now struggle, as much as I wanted Beech to do well he clearly isn't up to the job

Because he 'pulls rabbits out of hats' on a shoestring budget perhaps?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:28 - Jan 14 with 2313 viewsSuddenLad

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:24 - Jan 14 by DroylsdenBlue

It boils down to the fact that John Coleman has performed minor miracles at a club with low crowds, a crap budget, and has consistently produced a team who get good results against all the odds. He wouldn't (presumably) want much in terms of salary (compared to other candidates) so he's a knocking bet.

Our Board will be drooling at the prospect.............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:32 - Jan 14 with 2282 viewsolympicdale

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:28 - Jan 14 by SuddenLad

It boils down to the fact that John Coleman has performed minor miracles at a club with low crowds, a crap budget, and has consistently produced a team who get good results against all the odds. He wouldn't (presumably) want much in terms of salary (compared to other candidates) so he's a knocking bet.

Our Board will be drooling at the prospect.............

as much as id love Coleman, what he's done at Accy really has to be respected, but surely he wouldnt want to leave, which must be a job for life, to come here as we are.

Life is a game of fate.

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:44 - Jan 14 with 2222 viewssandylaner1

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:32 - Jan 14 by olympicdale

as much as id love Coleman, what he's done at Accy really has to be respected, but surely he wouldnt want to leave, which must be a job for life, to come here as we are.

thats what I think, but stranger things have happened...
'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:52 - Jan 14 with 2195 viewsYouTubeDale

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:32 - Jan 14 by olympicdale

No disrespect to Accy but we are a better club. No debts, a better ground, and a bigger fanbase. Coleman has an even better chance of promoting us back to League 1 than him getting Accy up.
Not a "little Rochdale" mentality at all, but one which is realistic, and very hopeful. He has proved himself for many years now being on the fringes of promotion.

I want Beech to succeed. If he fails, it could be a blessing in disguise if we get Coleman as a result.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:55 - Jan 14 with 2180 views442Dale

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 19:52 - Jan 14 by YouTubeDale

No disrespect to Accy but we are a better club. No debts, a better ground, and a bigger fanbase. Coleman has an even better chance of promoting us back to League 1 than him getting Accy up.
Not a "little Rochdale" mentality at all, but one which is realistic, and very hopeful. He has proved himself for many years now being on the fringes of promotion.

I want Beech to succeed. If he fails, it could be a blessing in disguise if we get Coleman as a result.

If we were in League 2 with Accrington right now they'd be above us, and we might be getting about 4/500 more fans. If we're lucky.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 20:05 - Jan 14 with 2137 viewsDroylsdenBlue

It would appear I am in a minority with regard to Mr Coleman! Andy Ritchie or even Brian Horton would do a decent job but what we need is somebody who will give us the lift we need to survive just Sunderland have hadG
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 20:08 - Jan 14 with 2127 viewsYouTubeDale

Like I said a good few moons ago...Coleman is mustard.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 10:20 - Jan 15 with 2016 viewsAndyH

To get back to the OP... I think our recent 'experience's' tell us that at this level, inexperience has cost us. With hindsight I think, on paper, Eyre's credentials looked good for the 'long term' strategy. Young, good with youth players, bring them on & sell them for sustainability. Not forgetting his contacts within the game and obviously Man City. That aside, the one thing he nor Frankie Bunn had was managerial experience at Division One level.

If we stick with Chris Beech, however, we are back with the original problem... no experience. Those may argue that Hill didn't have experience. However, different league, different level, different expectations... We have tried but... no one can be criticised for trying... I'm sure we all want the same thing.

I am told that 5th from bottom of League One attracts £750k in prize money. 3rd from top of League 2 is £5k.... No maths needed...

We need experience and someone to steady the ship... whoever that may be, who knows? Irrespective of who is appointed I think it is already too late. We've been here before and we will come back again... lets just hope I'm still around to see it
'Experienced' Manager Apply within on 10:26 - Jan 15 with 1992 viewsfitzochris

Just a note on Coleman. I too would love to see him as our manager, and did so before Eyre was appointed, but no one seems to be mentioning the contract extension he's signed with Accrington.

A lot of money has been blown by us this season on loans (or so I'm led to believe) and we also had to pay Eyre and Bunn off. The compensation owed to Accrington for taking Coleman would be a considerable amount for us, so I think it makes it a non-starter.

And that's before you even ask the question of whether or not Coleman would want to come to us.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024