Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! 20:19 - Jan 21 with 9632 viewsR17ALE

Abject. Absolutely awful.

This was up there with the performance at Bradford, and indeed any horror show I've witnessed in nearly 30 years of watching.

The players look like they don't want to play for anyone (not even themselves) and the simple things are being done so badly it is hard to watch. Watching players who you know are good enough to compete at this level misplace simple 5 yard passes is very painful.

Wycombe were also poor and also look doomed. For short spells we looked comfortable, and enjoyed reasonable possession but all of this came to precisely nothing - no chances, no shots, nothing.

And you just knew we'd gift them something because we gift every team something. This time it was the keeper's turn to play Father Christmas when he stayed rooted to his line when Kevin was holding off a Wycombe attacker to allow the ball to reach the keeper. It should have been a simple "take" but the Wycombe player managed to escape the clutches of Kevin and hooked the loose ball into the net.

Game over.

Second half saw us enjoy occasional forays into the Wycombe half but each and every time they came to nothing with misplaced passes causing any momentum to be lost.

I'd describe our play as Snakes and Ladders football. Just when we get to a decent part of play we land on a snake and disappear down to the bottom of the board.

Pre-match talk was awash with all manner of rumours. Here are the 4 that stick out.

1. Adams is off this week after the club have accepted an offer. Possibly from bury.
2. Widdowson refused to travel down with the team.
3. Tutte has been busy feeding this messageboard inside info, and being generally disruptive towards the Beech regime.
4. Coleman is coming in on Monday with both ourselves and Accy agreeing compo of £70,000.

I stress these are rumours coming into the away stand via various sources and to be fair they provided much more entertainment than anything we saw on the pitch.

Meanwhile, down at the other end in the second half, we were busy gifting Wycombe more goals. Their second was from a routine high ball into the box. A Wycombe player, virtually unchallenged, headed the ball to a colleague who was allowed time and space to turn and finish well.

And a bit later they scrambled a 3rd when yet more hesitant defending cost us.

Coming back we chatted about our worsening plight. We all felt that though Eyre has been replaced, nothing has really changed in terms of performances and results. It is clear there is dressing room unrest and upset. This is not a team, it's a collection of players thrown together in a last throw of the dice. There is no passion and nobody wanting to take responsibility to have a shot for example.

Not doing ratings as collectively they wouldn't hit double figures.

Someone mentioned, whilst walking away before the final whistle, that we're going down with a whimper. We're not. It's much worse than that after what I saw today. I'd gladly take going down with a whimper now as that would be a distinct improvement on the absolute shambles we've witnessed today and at home to Stevenage last Saturday.

Another wasted day and £50. I won't be bothering going to Charlton as it will most likely be a massacre and £60 down the drain.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:36 - Jan 22 with 1329 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:35 - Jan 22 by SalwaDale

I think you may struggle to avoid London when going to Charlton.

Therefore there should be some kind of coach in place so fans safety are not at risk

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:36 - Jan 22 with 1326 viewsRAFCBLUE

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:25 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

whats that suppose to mean National Rail should sack whoever couldnt signal proper and deleyed my train by 20 minutes

I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the correspondent who said he worked for/on the railway.

Train delays are a part of life.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:38 - Jan 22 with 1313 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:36 - Jan 22 by RAFCBLUE

I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the correspondent who said he worked for/on the railway.

Train delays are a part of life.

fair enough then you should of replied to him

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:41 - Jan 22 with 1289 viewsRAFCBLUE

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:38 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

fair enough then you should of replied to him

Suggest you go and read it again, then go and get your eyes tested....

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:43 - Jan 22 with 1271 viewsjudd

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:41 - Jan 22 by RAFCBLUE

Can he go by coach?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:45 - Jan 22 with 1270 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:41 - Jan 22 by RAFCBLUE

i did read it did you even travel yesterday?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:57 - Jan 22 with 1239 viewsShun

Tazzy he replied directly to sweetcorn...

Aren't you unemployed? How can you possibly afford to spend over £80 on one trip?
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:58 - Jan 22 with 1229 viewsRAFCBLUE

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:45 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

i did read it did you even travel yesterday?

Yes, I did travel yesterday. On the train as it happens....

Login to get fewer ads

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:58 - Jan 22 with 1224 views1907

Will you stop spamming every topic to death please Dalebot, I come on here to read things Rochdale related I couldn't care less about how much you spend.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:59 - Jan 22 with 1217 viewsDale23years

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:57 - Jan 22 by Shun

Tazzy he replied directly to sweetcorn...

Aren't you unemployed? How can you possibly afford to spend over £80 on one trip?

cause people better off if dont work

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 16:00 - Jan 22 with 1207 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:58 - Jan 22 by 1907

Will you stop spamming every topic to death please Dalebot, I come on here to read things Rochdale related I couldn't care less about how much you spend.

If you'd of read of few days ago i said it were going to be posted

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 16:14 - Jan 22 with 1162 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:26 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

if you find me a route what aviod London Fully i'll take it i aint getting stabbed by a nutter down there or shot the london underground known for that type of thing along with its gang calture
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Well if you will advertise your travel plans on an internet forum you can't be surprised the gangs of London put aside their turf wars and racketeering to head over to Charlton and seek you out...

Reading the Observer online this week though...you don't need to travel as far as London to walk into gang violence!
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 16:18 - Jan 22 with 1144 viewsKenBoon

Tbf it's being spammed with needless replies, like yours, mine and others.

I'm interested in the expense Fans who don't have cars and are having to spend on Public transport have to pay because the club aren't competent enough to provide a proper travel club. Fuel costs more than ever now, coach travel should be doing great business, but it's not. Make it reliable. Once fans have faith they won't be cancelled they'll start booking again. Nobody uses them because they expect them to be cancelled.

20 minutes is nothing compared to other delays, Robot. If it didn't screw up any connections for you, you were lucky.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 16:20 - Jan 22 with 1134 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 16:18 - Jan 22 by KenBoon

Tbf it's being spammed with needless replies, like yours, mine and others.

I'm interested in the expense Fans who don't have cars and are having to spend on Public transport have to pay because the club aren't competent enough to provide a proper travel club. Fuel costs more than ever now, coach travel should be doing great business, but it's not. Make it reliable. Once fans have faith they won't be cancelled they'll start booking again. Nobody uses them because they expect them to be cancelled.

20 minutes is nothing compared to other delays, Robot. If it didn't screw up any connections for you, you were lucky.

Well i just added a topic what will benefit everyone

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=46201#0

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 19:23 - Jan 22 with 990 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:15 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

They only cancelled the coach last wednesday not a month ago sweetcorn you need to take that into account any other club would have a coach service in league one

Tazzy, I suggested earlier in this thread that you simply rely more on the trains and now Sweetcorn has done the same.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 19:28 - Jan 22 with 973 views442Dale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:26 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

if you find me a route what aviod London Fully i'll take it i aint getting stabbed by a nutter down there or shot the london underground known for that type of thing along with its gang calture

I managed to negotiate that there London using trains and the underground a couple of months ago without any problems. This was the first time in many years too.

Didn't realise it was such an achievement and that Frodo's journey to Mordor would have been less troublesome.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 19:30 - Jan 22 with 955 viewsPDIDDY

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 14:23 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

If we win Derby Day i expect the club to put some type of coach travel to The Valley on after spend under £90 for a trip we lost 3-0 at

cup final day again? you will win by the way, anyone for a beer?

Gissa job

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 19:31 - Jan 22 with 954 viewssweetcorn

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:15 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

They only cancelled the coach last wednesday not a month ago sweetcorn you need to take that into account any other club would have a coach service in league one

Re-read what i said, i said that it isn't the first time they have cancelled the club coach with lack of interest, so you should of been prepared for the worst, rather than relying on it, therefore its not out of the question to book a month in advance and save money, its not rocket science.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:01 - Jan 22 with 904 viewsfitzochris

A brief report from RP that suggests Coleman will take over this week too.

Oh, and Bogdanovic doesn't have Premier League experience

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/rochdale/s/1471532_wy

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 08:09 - Jan 23 with 780 viewsaleanddale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:04 - Jan 22 by Brierls

We were not the better team in lots of games! You are utterly deluded, Steve!

Eyres last game - Yeovil at Home.

A blind man could see with just a little shred of luck we could have won by 2 or 3 goals.

Footballs ruthless / cutthroat - i know - but to lose your job after what was a good performance shows just how ruthless.

Beech is NOT the answer - you can see the players just dont want to play for him.

Not sure Coleman is either but this next decision is the biggest the football club has to take in probably the last 10 years.

We are struggling big time, when we appoint - then lets get behind the new man the players and the club and get the togetherness back.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 09:26 - Jan 23 with 705 viewsMass_Debater

'A blind man could see with just a little shred of luck we could have won by 2 or 3 goals'

But we didn't and that result was hardly an exception.

There was nothing ruthless about the decision. It was correct, except it should have been done a month earlier, which we are effectively still paying for now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024