Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! 20:19 - Jan 21 with 9631 viewsR17ALE

Abject. Absolutely awful.

This was up there with the performance at Bradford, and indeed any horror show I've witnessed in nearly 30 years of watching.

The players look like they don't want to play for anyone (not even themselves) and the simple things are being done so badly it is hard to watch. Watching players who you know are good enough to compete at this level misplace simple 5 yard passes is very painful.

Wycombe were also poor and also look doomed. For short spells we looked comfortable, and enjoyed reasonable possession but all of this came to precisely nothing - no chances, no shots, nothing.

And you just knew we'd gift them something because we gift every team something. This time it was the keeper's turn to play Father Christmas when he stayed rooted to his line when Kevin was holding off a Wycombe attacker to allow the ball to reach the keeper. It should have been a simple "take" but the Wycombe player managed to escape the clutches of Kevin and hooked the loose ball into the net.

Game over.

Second half saw us enjoy occasional forays into the Wycombe half but each and every time they came to nothing with misplaced passes causing any momentum to be lost.

I'd describe our play as Snakes and Ladders football. Just when we get to a decent part of play we land on a snake and disappear down to the bottom of the board.

Pre-match talk was awash with all manner of rumours. Here are the 4 that stick out.

1. Adams is off this week after the club have accepted an offer. Possibly from bury.
2. Widdowson refused to travel down with the team.
3. Tutte has been busy feeding this messageboard inside info, and being generally disruptive towards the Beech regime.
4. Coleman is coming in on Monday with both ourselves and Accy agreeing compo of £70,000.

I stress these are rumours coming into the away stand via various sources and to be fair they provided much more entertainment than anything we saw on the pitch.

Meanwhile, down at the other end in the second half, we were busy gifting Wycombe more goals. Their second was from a routine high ball into the box. A Wycombe player, virtually unchallenged, headed the ball to a colleague who was allowed time and space to turn and finish well.

And a bit later they scrambled a 3rd when yet more hesitant defending cost us.

Coming back we chatted about our worsening plight. We all felt that though Eyre has been replaced, nothing has really changed in terms of performances and results. It is clear there is dressing room unrest and upset. This is not a team, it's a collection of players thrown together in a last throw of the dice. There is no passion and nobody wanting to take responsibility to have a shot for example.

Not doing ratings as collectively they wouldn't hit double figures.

Someone mentioned, whilst walking away before the final whistle, that we're going down with a whimper. We're not. It's much worse than that after what I saw today. I'd gladly take going down with a whimper now as that would be a distinct improvement on the absolute shambles we've witnessed today and at home to Stevenage last Saturday.

Another wasted day and £50. I won't be bothering going to Charlton as it will most likely be a massacre and £60 down the drain.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 23:58 - Jan 21 with 1767 viewsMattDalemon

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 21:07 - Jan 21 by Dalenet

So how is Andrew feeling? He must be fuming

He's not happy, along with the majority of the squad who felt we were on the verge of everything turning round under Eyre. We were the better team in lots of games where we didn't get a result. Unfortunately for Eyre its a results business, but the players think the chairman pressed the panic button far too early.
Beech isn't the answer.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:04 - Jan 22 with 1755 viewsBrierls

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 23:58 - Jan 21 by MattDalemon

He's not happy, along with the majority of the squad who felt we were on the verge of everything turning round under Eyre. We were the better team in lots of games where we didn't get a result. Unfortunately for Eyre its a results business, but the players think the chairman pressed the panic button far too early.
Beech isn't the answer.

We were not the better team in lots of games! You are utterly deluded, Steve!
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:06 - Jan 22 with 1749 viewscornishdale

Surely when CD got rid of Eyre, he would of had some inside information from the players. If they though he warrented more time then i amsure CD would of taken this onboard. I don't doubt Grimes and Tutte would of been gutted because they have worked for him before and they were his signings. I can not believe the rest of the squad where happy with what was going on.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:07 - Jan 22 with 1743 views_dezzy

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 23:58 - Jan 21 by MattDalemon

Beech isn't the answer.

If you are part of the squad, what are your opinions on the rumours on this thread.

ie
coleman joining us
tutte in disguise on here
adams going to bury

KHBA

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:08 - Jan 22 with 1737 viewsSaxonDale

Also are you the stig?(David the Angolan)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:11 - Jan 22 with 1726 viewsMattDalemon

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:04 - Jan 22 by Brierls

We were not the better team in lots of games! You are utterly deluded, Steve!

Yes, I'm Steve Eyre, you've sussed me out

I'm sure he'd have better things to do with his time
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:13 - Jan 22 with 1711 viewsSaxonDale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:11 - Jan 22 by MattDalemon

Do you know someone or are you 'the source' at least tell us that one!
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:14 - Jan 22 with 1711 views442Dale

Which are the games we were better in? "lots" means it must be able to list a few.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:22 - Jan 22 with 1685 viewsMattDalemon

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:14 - Jan 22 by 442Dale

Which are the games we were better in? "lots" means it must be able to list a few.

Probably pushing it a bit saying loads, but we were the better team against Chesterfield at home, drew 1-1, unlucky against orient at home where we got hit on the break twice losing 2-0 despite dominating the game. I think we were the better team against Brentford yet lost again and the Yeovil game was ridiculous.

Another 6 points would have us 18th, yet under beech we can't see where our next point is coming from
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:23 - Jan 22 with 1680 viewsSaxonDale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:22 - Jan 22 by MattDalemon

Probably pushing it a bit saying loads, but we were the better team against Chesterfield at home, drew 1-1, unlucky against orient at home where we got hit on the break twice losing 2-0 despite dominating the game. I think we were the better team against Brentford yet lost again and the Yeovil game was ridiculous.

Another 6 points would have us 18th, yet under beech we can't see where our next point is coming from

I'm sorry but I stopped reading after you said we were the better team vs Chesterfield.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:25 - Jan 22 with 1674 viewsD_Alien

To be honest, I couldn't give a damn about post mortems on previous regimes (all failed)

It's Day 1 of season 2011/12 on Monday as far as I'm concerned

What Coleman will have to do is put a stop to any harking back to what's happened since the summer. I'm getting pretty pissed off with all this"we should have kept eyre" "beech has been handed a poisoned chalice"

I lost my rag a few days ago on a thread about what happened/didn't happen when eyre was appointed. I wasn't trying to stifle debate - it's just fooking pointless debate - that's all!!!

All I care about now is Dale fighting to stay up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:28 - Jan 22 with 1661 viewsBrierls

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:11 - Jan 22 by MattDalemon

It was tongue in cheek! That said, there can't be many people who believe "we were the better team in lots of games" in Eyre's reign.

I wish Eyre had better things to do with his time between the 18th June & 19th December than manage Dale!

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:49 - Jan 22 with 1619 viewsSaxonDale

Game just on FLS, all three were poor goals to concede and even a line for tazzy about the suporters coach!
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:51 - Jan 22 with 1616 viewscornishdale

Steve Claridge also said Rochdale have no manager.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:54 - Jan 22 with 1606 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:51 - Jan 22 by cornishdale

Steve Claridge also said Rochdale have no manager.

No team,no spirit,no balls.......etc etc.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:58 - Jan 22 with 1586 viewsShun

Re: the rumour about Widdowson, does anyone know why (if true) he refused to travel?

And Matt, who are you?
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 01:05 - Jan 22 with 1567 viewsColDale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:22 - Jan 22 by MattDalemon

Chesterfield could have put six past us that night. I felt guilty for us taking a point
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 01:11 - Jan 22 with 1552 viewsTVOS1907

Beech isn't the answer.

EDIT: Ignore - just read 442's question above.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 01:14 - Jan 22 with 1539 viewsTVOS1907

Which Chesterfield game do you mean?

It can't be the league match because we got away with murder.

Just look at the match stats and then come back with something remotely sensible: http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10441~58140,00.html

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 02:16 - Jan 22 with 1504 viewsStudiousDale

The Chesterfield game, one of the few I've managed to get to this season was unbelievable. We were so, so lucky to draw, a 3-1 to them probably would have flattered us. Thanks for the reprort Razzle, we are down unless we change the manager.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 08:16 - Jan 22 with 1435 viewsfrenzied

cant be bothered to even debate the if butts and maybes ,we are in a huge mess on the field,these lads would struggle to survive in league 2,the performances are languid and i fear that should it continue some of the shirts will struggle to find employment in any division...the scrapheap awaits so get on that pitch and show some desire to win ,i dont care if you dont like the boss,i expect you to perform 100% for this club of ours as when youve moved on i will still be there !!!!!!
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 10:12 - Jan 22 with 1288 viewsPDIDDY

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 20:22 - Jan 21 by 442Dale

Adams posted on twitter about hearing that Widdowson would be coming to watch. Bizarre.

He also recently denied any knowledge of a potential move.

On Tutte- Ian Cheeseman said on commentary that he'd been speaking to him prior to the game.

adams, no thanks, heard this aswell but cant see it.

Gissa job

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 11:57 - Jan 22 with 1142 viewsgizmo

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 00:25 - Jan 22 by D_Alien

To be honest, I couldn't give a damn about post mortems on previous regimes (all failed)

It's Day 1 of season 2011/12 on Monday as far as I'm concerned

What Coleman will have to do is put a stop to any harking back to what's happened since the summer. I'm getting pretty pissed off with all this"we should have kept eyre" "beech has been handed a poisoned chalice"

I lost my rag a few days ago on a thread about what happened/didn't happen when eyre was appointed. I wasn't trying to stifle debate - it's just fooking pointless debate - that's all!!!

All I care about now is Dale fighting to stay up

"What Coleman will have to do is put a stop to any harking back to what's happened"

another pointless debate, hes not the manager...yet?

Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole.

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:11 - Jan 22 with 1096 viewsMoonyDale

If Coleman does come here he must have some self belief in his abilities, turning this team around will take some doing...If it were me I would be heading in the opposite direction away from Spotland..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:14 - Jan 22 with 1088 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Wasnt the greatest game been to first time ever yesterday i were ashammed of being a Dale Fan. I were gutted that we could lose by that much to a very poor side in this League. My train home were delayed by 20 minutes very annoyed at National Rail people who cant signal proper

Total Spend because of Coach being cancelled: £82.85

Train Ticket: £48.45
Rochdale Taxi's to and from station: £10.90
Wycombe Taxi's to and from Adams Park: £14.00
Inside Ground Food: £2.00
Better Food Outside Ground: £2.00
Hot Drinks: £5.50

Full Time Result: One Very Disappointed, Emotional and Confused Rochdale Fan

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024