Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. 17:43 - Jan 23 with 3182 viewssmudgie

Congrats on getting Coleman & Bell, make no mistake you have got yourselves a magnificent Manager and assistant.

If he can save you from the drop then I suppose he really will be the messiah :)

Expect your squad to get filled with lads with an L postcode for sure, though 99.9% of them will be superb.

As for our players, only Bryan Hughes is on non-contract, so I expect him to come with Coley & Bell, he has been a class apart in League Two this season. The rest all have deals till June. Could be a few coming over the hills your way in the summer I think though.

Good luck for the season.
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 17:48 - Jan 23 with 3088 viewsdalenumber2

Cheers for that - we know we have got a cracker - let's hope you lot can find a decent replacement now. Good luck!
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 17:49 - Jan 23 with 3055 viewsBrierls

Thanks. The vast majority of Dale fans are delighted, though I think I'll need an offical text telling me compensation has been agreed and Coleman is now Dale manager before I get any sleep!

As I said on Accyweb, I wish you all the best and hope you're successful in replacing Coleman first time around. I know it will seem like a thankless task, and we can't offer any ispirational words on that front(!), but you deserve a bit of luck.

I really do hope there isn't any gloating from Dale fans, I don't expect there to be. We've been there recently with Hillcroft leaving for Barnsley, so we know how much it hurts.
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 17:55 - Jan 23 with 2995 viewsCleedale

Thanks for the congrats.

The only worrying thing for me is I'm sure I remember Hilly stating one time when we played you that he wished he could afford some of the players that Accy had at the time - in particular Michael Symes?

Some folk seem to think that Accy survive on pure endeavour but, correct me if I'm wrong, a past football league chairman once told me what their wage bill was and it was relatively high for League 2.
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 17:59 - Jan 23 with 2950 viewsBrierls

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 17:55 - Jan 23 by Cleedale

Thanks for the congrats.

The only worrying thing for me is I'm sure I remember Hilly stating one time when we played you that he wished he could afford some of the players that Accy had at the time - in particular Michael Symes?

Some folk seem to think that Accy survive on pure endeavour but, correct me if I'm wrong, a past football league chairman once told me what their wage bill was and it was relatively high for League 2.

You're wrong

Hilly's quotes on Symes were based on his demands/what Symes was being offered by other clubs (he signed a good deal with Bournemouth). Accy's budget has always been among the lowest in the Football League as far as I'm aware.
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 18:01 - Jan 23 with 2929 viewssmudgie

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 17:59 - Jan 23 by Brierls

You're wrong

Hilly's quotes on Symes were based on his demands/what Symes was being offered by other clubs (he signed a good deal with Bournemouth). Accy's budget has always been among the lowest in the Football League as far as I'm aware.

Our wage bill is along with Macc Town, the lowest in League Two.

I can guarantee you that.

Most of the lads that left last summer from our Playoff team all more than doubled their wages in League One.
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 18:02 - Jan 23 with 2912 viewsNotEyreClue

I'd just like to echo the previous comments. The amount of parallels between this and the Hill 'saga' are uncanny and I just hope you come out of it a lot better than we did. I was pretty disheartened after reading some of the comments on your board yesterday but then realised that we also have our fair share of idiots on here so I tried not to take it to heart too much. Here's hoping that you appoint the right manager and can build on what has been an incredibly successful decade or so for your club. Good luck for the rest of the season and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that I'll be continuing to keep an eye out for your results.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 18:05 - Jan 23 with 2864 viewsTomRAFC

best of luck getting a good replacement for coleman

its slim pickings though. would like to see your lot get gary brabin in as he was my choice along with coleman for the dale job.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 18:07 - Jan 23 with 2850 viewsSuddenLad

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 18:05 - Jan 23 by TomRAFC

its slim pickings though. would like to see your lot get gary brabin in as he was my choice along with coleman for the dale job.

Sammy McIlroy is an ideal candidate for Accy.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 18:24 - Jan 23 with 2749 viewsjudd

Sorry we've done what we've done smudgie but football's a bitch. With regards replacements, beware any application from east Manchester, particularly if its delivered by pixies or elves.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 18:29 - Jan 23 with 2710 viewsmaccawozzagod

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 18:07 - Jan 23 by SuddenLad

Sammy McIlroy is an ideal candidate for Accy.

i really hope that your fans give him the chance to bed down. Coleman is rightly a legend at Accy, but it hasn't always been so. First two years in the Conference were 'consolidation' years in which the football wasn't always attractive and results less so - and it was the same in the Football League for two years.

What you get is a team that will fight to earn the right to a point. You'll play attacking football where the backdoor is frequently left open. You'll get the guts and hopefully the glory.

As a man he is forthright and honest. He won't gloss over anything and he won't tell you what you want to hear. Thats why we (and you) love him and why opposition fans hate him. He wears his colours on his chest.

Many of your fans on here and Accywb are comparing it to when you lost Hill - it isn't quite the same. The parallel is that we both lost a succesful manager. The difference is that at Accrington he had been there longer than 75% of our fans.

He was the club
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 18:39 - Jan 23 with 2623 viewsD_Alien

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 18:29 - Jan 23 by maccawozzagod

i really hope that your fans give him the chance to bed down. Coleman is rightly a legend at Accy, but it hasn't always been so. First two years in the Conference were 'consolidation' years in which the football wasn't always attractive and results less so - and it was the same in the Football League for two years.

What you get is a team that will fight to earn the right to a point. You'll play attacking football where the backdoor is frequently left open. You'll get the guts and hopefully the glory.

As a man he is forthright and honest. He won't gloss over anything and he won't tell you what you want to hear. Thats why we (and you) love him and why opposition fans hate him. He wears his colours on his chest.

Many of your fans on here and Accywb are comparing it to when you lost Hill - it isn't quite the same. The parallel is that we both lost a succesful manager. The difference is that at Accrington he had been there longer than 75% of our fans.

He was the club

Fair point mwg, but you've got to appreciate just how long we were regarded as a laughing stock in "the Rochdale division" - literally decades! - until Hillcroft came along

If Coleman can bring a smile to our faces in the same way, it'll be after a lifetime of watching dross, with the ever-present expectation of the club folding, just as Accy did in the early 60's. There but for the grace of god, etc.

That's also why it was imperative we gave ourselves a fighting chance of staying in L1. Our gain is your loss, but we're kindred spirits! Good luck with your new manager!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 18:40 - Jan 23 with 2617 viewsjudd

He was the club

Fookin hell man, that's deep. He's only our 4th manager in 7 months. Be patient.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 19:35 - Jan 23 with 2469 viewsTVOS1907

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 18:05 - Jan 23 by TomRAFC

I thought Dowie was your choice!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 19:36 - Jan 23 with 2441 viewsCleedale

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 17:59 - Jan 23 by Brierls

You're wrong

Only going on what I was told by a Chairman at a league club in the same division nearly 3 years ago. I remember him clearly saying what the playing budget was at various L2 clubs and £800K/£900K was the 'alleged' amount at Accy. at the time. We spent a good part of the day talking about the 'unsustainability' of football club budgets.

Still, what would he know, he was just a Chairman at a footie club?
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 19:40 - Jan 23 with 2406 viewsNerazzurri

That figure won't be far off as I posted similar earlier in the day but it would still have been the lowest budget in League 2 at the time.

Forza Nerazzurri

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 19:42 - Jan 23 with 2391 viewsfitzochris

He was the club

Totally and utterly hear you there.

I felt as bad when Hillcroft left (although Hilly left with less grace than Coleman, it has to be said).

Truly wish you all the best from here.

Just don't let your chairman talk to Ian Cheeseman about potential new managers.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 19:45 - Jan 23 with 2370 views442Dale

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 19:42 - Jan 23 by fitzochris

Totally and utterly hear you there.

I felt as bad when Hillcroft left (although Hilly left with less grace than Coleman, it has to be said).

Truly wish you all the best from here.

Just don't let your chairman talk to Ian Cheeseman about potential new managers.

Those last four words can be made redundant.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 19:46 - Jan 23 with 2356 viewsfitzochris

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 19:45 - Jan 23 by 442Dale

Those last four words can be made redundant.

EDIT to place full stop after Cheeseman.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 19:48 - Jan 23 with 2342 viewspnc4eva1

Time will tell how successful he is at the Dale. Do feel for Accy and hope they can get a good replacement who can take them that step further

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 19:48 - Jan 23 with 2335 viewsBrierls

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 19:36 - Jan 23 by Cleedale

Only going on what I was told by a Chairman at a league club in the same division nearly 3 years ago. I remember him clearly saying what the playing budget was at various L2 clubs and £800K/£900K was the 'alleged' amount at Accy. at the time. We spent a good part of the day talking about the 'unsustainability' of football club budgets.

Still, what would he know, he was just a Chairman at a footie club?

It's no secret that Accy have consistently worked with a piss poor budget when compared to other L2 clubs (and most of the Conference for that matter).

Accy's budget may have been £800k/£900K, but that doesn't mean virtually every other club they were competing against didn't have a considerably better budget.
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 00:28 - Jan 24 with 2047 viewsCleedale

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 19:48 - Jan 23 by Brierls

It's no secret that Accy have consistently worked with a piss poor budget when compared to other L2 clubs (and most of the Conference for that matter).

Accy's budget may have been £800k/£900K, but that doesn't mean virtually every other club they were competing against didn't have a considerably better budget.

QUOTE : "We spent a good part of the day talking about the 'UNSUSTAINABILITY' of football club budgets".

Now then Brierls - don't want to be too pedantic or patronising to you, but to be quite honest, footie is in a right mire.

You quote, 'Accy's budget may have been £800k/£900K, but that doesn't mean virtually every other club they were competing against didn't have a considerably better budget.'

Taking your quote, let's say that that's £850K, and I suppose that we are talking about JUST the playing budget. 850K divided by 23 league games = £36,956.

Let's say £37K divided by, say, £10, (taking into consideration season ticket holders, all the concessions and any other freebies etc., etc.), and that means that the average attendance per home game needs to be 3,700 to break even - and we are talking about Accy Stanley here.

Oh, by the way, that's just the playing budget - no work on the ground, no backroom staff, no caterers etc., etc., etc. No electric, no water for the showers.

To be honest, I think you're talking a load of Twaddle. The expectations of football supporters has gone way out-the windo.

Without the conveyor belt of Dale sales in the last 5 - 6 years - how would we ever expect to even partially compete with anyone, even in the Conference, let alone League 2? BTW I have it on good record that there is a player in the Conference on £4K a week - allegedly!!!
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 00:41 - Jan 24 with 2032 viewsBrierls

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 00:28 - Jan 24 by Cleedale

QUOTE : "We spent a good part of the day talking about the 'UNSUSTAINABILITY' of football club budgets".

Now then Brierls - don't want to be too pedantic or patronising to you, but to be quite honest, footie is in a right mire.

You quote, 'Accy's budget may have been £800k/£900K, but that doesn't mean virtually every other club they were competing against didn't have a considerably better budget.'

Taking your quote, let's say that that's £850K, and I suppose that we are talking about JUST the playing budget. 850K divided by 23 league games = £36,956.

Let's say £37K divided by, say, £10, (taking into consideration season ticket holders, all the concessions and any other freebies etc., etc.), and that means that the average attendance per home game needs to be 3,700 to break even - and we are talking about Accy Stanley here.

Oh, by the way, that's just the playing budget - no work on the ground, no backroom staff, no caterers etc., etc., etc. No electric, no water for the showers.

To be honest, I think you're talking a load of Twaddle. The expectations of football supporters has gone way out-the windo.

Without the conveyor belt of Dale sales in the last 5 - 6 years - how would we ever expect to even partially compete with anyone, even in the Conference, let alone League 2? BTW I have it on good record that there is a player in the Conference on £4K a week - allegedly!!!

You're not being pedantic or patronising, just conveniently ignoring your first post on the thread and most of the second! I couldn't agree more about your point(s) on football club budgets, but that wasn't your argument when you posted in reply to smudgie and it isn't what I responded to...

"Some folk seem to think that Accy survive on pure endeavour but, correct me if I'm wrong, a past football league chairman once told me what their wage bill was and it was relatively high for League 2."

Accy's budget isn't/wasn't relatively high for League 2. I accepted the invitation and corrected you.
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 01:54 - Jan 24 with 1994 viewsmaccawozzagod

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 00:41 - Jan 24 by Brierls

You're not being pedantic or patronising, just conveniently ignoring your first post on the thread and most of the second! I couldn't agree more about your point(s) on football club budgets, but that wasn't your argument when you posted in reply to smudgie and it isn't what I responded to...

"Some folk seem to think that Accy survive on pure endeavour but, correct me if I'm wrong, a past football league chairman once told me what their wage bill was and it was relatively high for League 2."

Accy's budget isn't/wasn't relatively high for League 2. I accepted the invitation and corrected you.

Sesason 1 in the Football League and our affable Chairman Eric Whalley was on record as stating that the average wage for a League 2 footballer was (according to the PFA published figures) £52k pa. He went on to explain that our average was £26k. We didn't have 30 players that season so do the maths. And the figure has been said to have been dropped year on year ....

The joke is that we operate on a shoe string and the next manager has to supply his own shoe string
Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 10:33 - Jan 24 with 1842 viewsD_Alien

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 01:54 - Jan 24 by maccawozzagod

Sesason 1 in the Football League and our affable Chairman Eric Whalley was on record as stating that the average wage for a League 2 footballer was (according to the PFA published figures) £52k pa. He went on to explain that our average was £26k. We didn't have 30 players that season so do the maths. And the figure has been said to have been dropped year on year ....

The joke is that we operate on a shoe string and the next manager has to supply his own shoe string

Here's your next manager then

http://www.thrillingdetective.com/shoestring.html

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 10:46 - Jan 24 with 1810 viewsmacro

Hello Lads, Accy Fan here. on 00:28 - Jan 24 by Cleedale

I know Twaddle hasn't played very often but to blame him is harsh!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024