Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suarez 13:15 - Feb 11 with 3163 viewsolympicdale

is now even more of a t*at that he already was.

Life is a game of fate.

Suarez on 22:22 - Feb 11 with 864 viewsolympicdale

Suarez on 21:59 - Feb 11 by Cedar_Room

actually Suarez never denied saying what he said - just that the term used was not offensive in Uruguay. The FA decided this defence was "unsustainable and simply incredible". So it comes down to whether you believe Suarez's explanation or not, there is no dispute that he did say it.

that was the worst excuse id ever heard, it wasnt offensive in Uraguay so its fine here as well, what a tool, trouble follows him around, its nothing to do with the cultural differences its to do with him. I'm surprised he didn't try to take a bite out of Evras ear just for good measure.

Life is a game of fate.

Suarez on 22:48 - Feb 11 with 841 viewsBrighouseDale

One of the most important elements in this whole saga is context. I have an Asian friend and whenever we see one another we always greet each other "Yo ya black bastard". I'm white, neither of us is black. I've no idea how it started, it was bloody years ago, but in that context it's a joke amongst friends and neither of us is offended.

Would I greet a stranger or an acquaintance / colleague in the same manner? Of course not!!! So no matter what the terms mean in his native tongue, Suarez has absolutely no excuse for using such language with a colleague in such a public arena. In that context, at that moment, his remarks could only be construed as racist.

Evra offered his hand as a gesture, whether or not the gesture was genuine is irrelevant. If Suarez wanted to publicly demonstrate that his remarks were misplaced, a hand shake would have been perfect.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Suarez on 00:09 - Feb 12 with 792 viewsjoecooke

Rascist or not,any normal human would have no problem with punching that goofy twots teeth down his throat.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Suarez on 00:11 - Feb 12 with 786 viewsdalenumber2

In a nutshell, they all want their heads banging together - pathetic premiership prima donnas, it was sickening to see their behaviour today. I am glad I support a league 1 team and don't have to put up with spoilty-boy antics ever week.
Suarez on 07:38 - Feb 12 with 748 viewsG_Dale

I wouldn't shake Lee Hughes hand. I agree that suarez is a prick, but evra doesn't do himself any favours behaving like he did after the full time whistle.

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Suarez on 09:23 - Feb 12 with 723 viewsdingdangblue

If I had been suspended at work for using insulting/racial remarks, when I returned to work and my bosses told me to shake hands with the person involved, do you know what Id do? Id bloody shake their hand or Id expect to lose my job! This is all down to Liverpool and their pathetic excuse of a Manager - only last week he still said suarez should never have been banned! Liverpool fc should hang their heads in shame.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Suarez on 10:30 - Feb 12 with 692 viewsSuddenLad

Suarez on 09:23 - Feb 12 by dingdangblue

If I had been suspended at work for using insulting/racial remarks, when I returned to work and my bosses told me to shake hands with the person involved, do you know what Id do? Id bloody shake their hand or Id expect to lose my job! This is all down to Liverpool and their pathetic excuse of a Manager - only last week he still said suarez should never have been banned! Liverpool fc should hang their heads in shame.

Well, I wouldn't be shaking his hand, no matter who told me to do so. Unless I was contractually obliged to shake his hand, and that it was a necessary part of my job - forget it. The personal feelings of the two players involved has nothing to do with anyone else.

We have 2 people who have a serious personal grievance, who clearly dislike each other, and all the world wants to offer an opinion on the rights and wrongs of the nuances of interpreting the native language of the two people involved.

It's time everyone moved on and concentrated on things that actually matter.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Suarez on 10:57 - Feb 12 with 677 viewsPDIDDY

Suarez on 00:11 - Feb 12 by dalenumber2

In a nutshell, they all want their heads banging together - pathetic premiership prima donnas, it was sickening to see their behaviour today. I am glad I support a league 1 team and don't have to put up with spoilty-boy antics ever week.

my sentiments exactly, also daglish for his sky interview and fergie for telling lpool to get rid, premiership tossers,dale2 enjoy supporting a LG1 club while you can pity you cant play us every week, youd be champions

Gissa job

Login to get fewer ads

Suarez on 21:00 - Feb 12 with 594 viewsSFD

This whole situation is pathetic what happens on the pitch when adrenalin in flowing should remain on the pitch, if you dont like it at the time take your retribution on the pitch and then shake hands after the game.
Evra is a tart and whinges at every opportunity mind.
Suarez on 22:07 - Feb 12 with 551 viewsG_Dale

I didn't know sepp blatter posted on here

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Suarez on 22:43 - Feb 12 with 530 viewsSFD

Suarez on 22:07 - Feb 12 by G_Dale

I didn't know sepp blatter posted on here

Suarez on 22:44 - Feb 12 with 528 viewsdalenumber2

Suarez on 10:57 - Feb 12 by PDIDDY

my sentiments exactly, also daglish for his sky interview and fergie for telling lpool to get rid, premiership tossers,dale2 enjoy supporting a LG1 club while you can pity you cant play us every week, youd be champions

Suarez on 00:31 - Feb 13 with 493 viewspioneer

Suarez on 21:00 - Feb 12 by SFD

This whole situation is pathetic what happens on the pitch when adrenalin in flowing should remain on the pitch, if you dont like it at the time take your retribution on the pitch and then shake hands after the game.
Evra is a tart and whinges at every opportunity mind.

So when the adrenalin is flowing on the terraces (in the seats) a fan who calls Evra a n**** can be arrested, banned for life etc but for an overpaid star its sufficient to shake hands at the end of the game.

At this rate we shall be back to banana throwing before you can say enoch powell.
Suarez on 00:48 - Feb 13 with 487 viewsSFD

Suarez on 00:31 - Feb 13 by pioneer

So when the adrenalin is flowing on the terraces (in the seats) a fan who calls Evra a n**** can be arrested, banned for life etc but for an overpaid star its sufficient to shake hands at the end of the game.

At this rate we shall be back to banana throwing before you can say enoch powell.

I just dont think its fair for Suarez to have this monkey on his back for his whole career whoops
Suarez on 01:19 - Feb 13 with 483 viewsDale_Iain

For me, the most pathetic and embarrassing thing yesterday is how big a deal people have made of it. It's a bloody handshake. The media being such compulsive sh!t stirrers doesn't help, but people need to get a grip.
Suarez on 01:27 - Feb 14 with 405 viewsNotEyreClue

A lot of people seem to be forgetting that Liverpool issued a statement explaining that Suarez would shake Evra's hand and he must have been party to this..if he had any problem doing so then surely he should have brought this up well before the game and it could have been sorted out accordingly.

Regardless of whether he wanted to shake his hand or not, not drawing a line under the whole thing reflects badly on the reputation of the Liverpool football club and everyone connected with it. The less said about Dalglish the better - I know managers are supposed to defend their players to the death and whatnot but he's just showed his incompetence throughout this whole thing. He's hardly in a position to talk about someone's culture when he can't even pronounce Suarez's name right (Louise Suarez?!). The interview with Geoff Shreeves (legend and fantastic at his job btw) just showed how ignorant out of his depth he is at this level of management.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Suarez on 05:45 - Feb 14 with 389 viewsColDale

Given the intervention of Liverpool sponsors Standard Chartered, the apologies are already starting to look somewhat hollow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024