Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart pearce 23:01 - Feb 23 with 5423 viewssheppetonrs

Just watched his press conference on BBC, have to say I have a lot o time for the bloke. I understand he may not be everyone's cup of tea, But he is better than the previous clown. I always respected him as a player and anybody that omitts fat fW@NK from the squad gets my vote.
Stuart pearce on 23:26 - Feb 23 with 4340 viewsdaveB

I like Pearce, i think he could be a decent England manager one day. Always comes across very well but probably blew his chance of getting it this time with last summers under 21 tournament. He's quite honest though and has said many times he's nowhere near ready for the job yet
Stuart pearce on 00:31 - Feb 24 with 4296 viewsDaiHo0p

Always found him a bit mono-tone myself...
Stuart pearce on 00:35 - Feb 24 with 4291 viewsTheBlob

What you see is what you get with Psycho.Not the best tactician in the world,his Under 21's were very one dimensional.Still it's classic British football init.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Stuart pearce on 00:41 - Feb 24 with 4287 viewsDaiHo0p

Stuart pearce on 00:35 - Feb 24 by TheBlob

What you see is what you get with Psycho.Not the best tactician in the world,his Under 21's were very one dimensional.Still it's classic British football init.

English you mean...
Stuart pearce on 01:05 - Feb 24 with 4263 viewsSonofNorfolt

Rangers boy as well.
Stuart pearce on 02:24 - Feb 24 with 4254 viewsSharpy

Stuart pearce on 01:05 - Feb 24 by SonofNorfolt

Rangers boy as well.

And a Pistols man to boot.

Hard
Punk
Rangers
English.

What`s not to like.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Stuart pearce on 07:26 - Feb 24 with 4208 viewsBazWoT

Stuart pearce on 23:26 - Feb 23 by daveB

I like Pearce, i think he could be a decent England manager one day. Always comes across very well but probably blew his chance of getting it this time with last summers under 21 tournament. He's quite honest though and has said many times he's nowhere near ready for the job yet

Teams refused to allow his first selections to play in the tournament, that will not happen with the full squad.

All clubs should have to release players at every national level when selected. As Spain, Italy, France etc all do.

Better than sticking a kin pensioner in charge!!!!!

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Stuart pearce on 08:51 - Feb 24 with 4145 viewsJonDoeman

Stuart pearce on 00:31 - Feb 24 by DaiHo0p

Always found him a bit mono-tone myself...

Totally uninspiring voice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17137420
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Stuart pearce on 08:57 - Feb 24 with 4131 viewswestberksr

thoroughly nice bloke.

had the pleaseure to spend an evening with him via some mutual friends; not a billy big bollox, happy to chat football and other stuff & thought it really amusing that my Mrs didn't have a clue who he was & I was trying to explain without getting either

a) all patriotic and reliving the Spain pen

or

b) really embarrassed that she knows f'all about footy.

probably a bit too much of a private person for the job as he doesn't like the press; although was trying his hardest y'day
Stuart pearce on 11:24 - Feb 24 with 4060 viewsAntti_Heinola

I love Pearce - fantastic player, brilliant attitude, great bloke. Legend.

But that U21 tournament last summer was absolutely dreadful. Team selection was totally baffling with players who had done nothing all season getting ahead of players who had been superb all season. Tactically it was unimaginative and the play was really, really boring. And he had a very, very good squad out there. I watched a lot of games as I was bedridden at the time, and England were by far the dullest team to watch. There's no way he should be England manager and great guy as he is, I personally think he should have been moved on after that car crash. There was no excuse whatsoever for performances that poor.

Bare bones.

Stuart pearce on 11:37 - Feb 24 with 4044 viewsWeaverQPR

Still waiting to be convinced he can be a manager at any level.

@WeavQPR

Stuart pearce on 11:53 - Feb 24 with 4022 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

When he is SAF's age he will still be saying he lacks experience.
Stuart pearce on 11:54 - Feb 24 with 4020 viewsJonDoeman

Stuart pearce on 11:37 - Feb 24 by WeaverQPR

Still waiting to be convinced he can be a manager at any level.

agree

It Is What It Is !!

Stuart pearce on 11:55 - Feb 24 with 4019 viewsNorthernr

should be said that international teams (germany and wales immediately spring to mind) have been successful recently in appointing high profile former players with limited managerial experience.
That said, I'm not convinced by Pearce.
Stuart pearce on 12:09 - Feb 24 with 4003 viewssheppetonrs

Stuart pearce on 11:55 - Feb 24 by Northernr

should be said that international teams (germany and wales immediately spring to mind) have been successful recently in appointing high profile former players with limited managerial experience.

I'm not convinced either but at least he's bloody English!! People go on about passion and while it does not substitute ability, it is a must in any England team. You will get that with Pearce, and redknap to be fair, unlike the previous clown. Quick note on the u21's, would be interesting to compare his record against previous u21 campaigns, don't remember us even qualifying too often before Pearce took over?
Stuart pearce on 12:12 - Feb 24 with 3999 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Stuart pearce on 11:55 - Feb 24 by Northernr

I agree. It isn't the lack of experience it's the lack of confidence which comes across with Stuart Pearce. Though that may be misleading.

Managing an international side is a different job from club management, which makes you wonder about the selection process and how fans and the media react to it. For example some of Harry Redknapp's strengths are irrelevant to the England job.
Stuart pearce on 12:19 - Feb 24 with 3989 viewssheppetonrs

Stuart pearce on 12:12 - Feb 24 by Spaghetti_Hoops

I agree. It isn't the lack of experience it's the lack of confidence which comes across with Stuart Pearce. Though that may be misleading.

Managing an international side is a different job from club management, which makes you wonder about the selection process and how fans and the media react to it. For example some of Harry Redknapp's strengths are irrelevant to the England job.

All I am saying is that being manager of England is a privilege, and Pearce is giving it the respect it deserves. Capello will not give 2 sh1ts if England are succesful or not, now he is no longer there. Pearce stands for everything that makes me proud to be english, that for me is more important than winning. Qpr have always put principles before success, that's why I love the club. People like Pearce are why I love my country. (jeez, I'm getting all chest pumping and emotional now!!!)
Stuart pearce on 12:36 - Feb 24 with 3965 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

You made me all choked up there sheppertonrs. However the grim reality is that after two straight defeats there will be massive calls for the manager to be sacked. After another defeat there will be a selection of vegetables staring at you from the back pages. Whoever the poor bastard in charge is.

So it makes sense to try to select the best person whichever country he happened to be born in.
Stuart pearce on 12:46 - Feb 24 with 3949 viewssheppetonrs

Stuart pearce on 12:36 - Feb 24 by Spaghetti_Hoops

You made me all choked up there sheppertonrs. However the grim reality is that after two straight defeats there will be massive calls for the manager to be sacked. After another defeat there will be a selection of vegetables staring at you from the back pages. Whoever the poor bastard in charge is.

So it makes sense to try to select the best person whichever country he happened to be born in.

Too true mate, will never forget 'turnip' Taylor, and mclaren is proof that being English can mean bugger all. I would choose a good foreign manager over a crap English one any day, but that isn't my point. There are many good English managers that would have done better than Capello, I feel as a country we look beyond our own talents too easily. Not just England, but pl clubs as well. We have an inferiority complex!! Maybe its just that English club managers know it is a poisoned chalice, so steer clear!!! The media are to blame, as you say, for a lot of this.
Stuart pearce on 12:46 - Feb 24 with 3949 viewsAntti_Heinola

The old passion argument, you have to love it. Course, it's got us nowhere for years, while teams outplay us time and again because we focus on puffing our chests up. Keegan gave us great passion, of course, but was a lousy tactician.

Shep, to be fair, Pearce did get us to the final (or semis?) of one U21 tournament, but honestly, those three games last summer were dire. If that had been the first team, he'd have been slaughtered.

I worry about what he thinks he's doing with the U21s too. He says he hasn't chosen Ox-Chamb for the full squad, because 90 mins with the U21s is better than 10 mins with the seniors and that if we grab him out of the U21s for the first team, then people will say he shouldn't play for the U21s anymore and that we'll never win anything at that level with that thinking.

This, to me, is ludicrous thinking. If a player is good enough, it's pointless playing for the U21s. I'm not convinced at all about this idea that winning at U21 level will mean we're more likely to win at senior level because of the experience. Most good U21 players play at a better level every week than the U21 level.

Bare bones.

Stuart pearce on 12:56 - Feb 24 with 3935 viewssheppetonrs

Stuart pearce on 12:46 - Feb 24 by Antti_Heinola

The old passion argument, you have to love it. Course, it's got us nowhere for years, while teams outplay us time and again because we focus on puffing our chests up. Keegan gave us great passion, of course, but was a lousy tactician.

Shep, to be fair, Pearce did get us to the final (or semis?) of one U21 tournament, but honestly, those three games last summer were dire. If that had been the first team, he'd have been slaughtered.

I worry about what he thinks he's doing with the U21s too. He says he hasn't chosen Ox-Chamb for the full squad, because 90 mins with the U21s is better than 10 mins with the seniors and that if we grab him out of the U21s for the first team, then people will say he shouldn't play for the U21s anymore and that we'll never win anything at that level with that thinking.

This, to me, is ludicrous thinking. If a player is good enough, it's pointless playing for the U21s. I'm not convinced at all about this idea that winning at U21 level will mean we're more likely to win at senior level because of the experience. Most good U21 players play at a better level every week than the U21 level.

Like it or not mate, passion plays a massive role in the English game. I was reluctant to bring it up, cos I agree passion is overrated, but fact is we are tactically nowhere near the best teams in the world, but have occasionally competed successfully through sheer guts and determination, ie 1990 in Italy. I am not saying Pearce should get the job, I accept what you say about the last u21 tournament, but I still think many English managers would have done a better job than Capello.
Stuart pearce on 13:04 - Feb 24 with 3916 viewsBazWoT

Stuart pearce on 12:19 - Feb 24 by sheppetonrs

All I am saying is that being manager of England is a privilege, and Pearce is giving it the respect it deserves. Capello will not give 2 sh1ts if England are succesful or not, now he is no longer there. Pearce stands for everything that makes me proud to be english, that for me is more important than winning. Qpr have always put principles before success, that's why I love the club. People like Pearce are why I love my country. (jeez, I'm getting all chest pumping and emotional now!!!)

From the other bank of the Thames, I applaud you and agree with you.

Blimey! Just noticed, I'm late for the pub, adios!

Stuart pearce on 13:08 - Feb 24 with 3907 viewsBazWoT

Manager has to be English in my opinion, it's international competition not club football. It's based upon the concept of country against country, therefore all involved should be from the nation concerned. I have a number of Italian friends who reckon we cheated with Capello but only laughed when we got Erikson.

Stuart pearce on 13:15 - Feb 24 with 3897 viewsToast_R

I think he's a bit thick to be honest. Thick as a player which worked to his advantage as he'd run through walls and not even think about it and play on through broken limbs etc but as a manager, I'm unconvinced.

Maybe that's a tad harsh but has odd brain waves where he see's putting a lump like David James up front instead of a striker, was ever going to be a good idea. I think he's deployed that tactic with other GK's since aswell.

Passion wise, there is no one else as committed but then we said that about Super Kev in Euro 2000.

Stuart pearce on 13:47 - Feb 24 with 3860 viewssheppetonrs

Stuart pearce on 13:15 - Feb 24 by Toast_R

I think he's a bit thick to be honest. Thick as a player which worked to his advantage as he'd run through walls and not even think about it and play on through broken limbs etc but as a manager, I'm unconvinced.

Maybe that's a tad harsh but has odd brain waves where he see's putting a lump like David James up front instead of a striker, was ever going to be a good idea. I think he's deployed that tactic with other GK's since aswell.

Passion wise, there is no one else as committed but then we said that about Super Kev in Euro 2000.

Meehan certainly had passion, but he was also far too emotional, and tactically inept. I agree passion alone will not get you success, but it sure helps. KeegN is a bad example as he really was bloody useless!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024