Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nicky Adams on twitter 18:02 - Mar 24 with 10682 viewsthebackrowhero

posted......Ready to snap now. Its a joke what's going on. and Reece Gray retweeted!!!
Nicky Adams on twitter on 14:20 - Mar 26 with 2306 viewsSFD

Nicky Adams on twitter on 14:17 - Mar 26 by Bobbyjoe

If the players were good enough Coleman would have turned things around as quickly as Moore at Tranmere. The club doesn't have a player worth watching. No goalkeeper, no defenders, no strikers, all loanees. All the decent players sold (currently appearing regularly on our TV screens!), none replaced. It suits many to blame it all on Eyre alone, but it looks to me like this season was written off by the Board before a ball was even kicked, showing contempt for those customers whose money they already had in their pockets, and going a long way to explaining why hundreds more (who see themselves as customers not fans) have stopped going. As an aside, the current loan-system will kill lower-league football.

Decent post but perhaps JC has not turned it around as quickly as Moor because he is as good a manager ?
Alternativey he may have alot better players as it appeared last Tues.
Nicky Adams on twitter on 14:25 - Mar 26 with 2287 viewsDale_Iain

I've also said my piece on Twitter. Didn't say anything directly to any player but basically I agree 100% with what Will was saying. I too was getting annoyed by the constant "gutted" tweets after matches where we lacked passion, effort and ability. We've had 3 managers this season and been crap throughout, so the blame has to lie with the players. I can think of 6 players (not including Adams) who I'd keep for next season. I have a lot of respect for Will for speaking the truth when nobody else has the balls. I cannot understand why anybody who cares about Dale would think that the players don't deserve criticism this season.
Nicky Adams on twitter on 14:26 - Mar 26 with 2285 viewsD_Alien

Nicky Adams on twitter on 14:17 - Mar 26 by Bobbyjoe

If the players were good enough Coleman would have turned things around as quickly as Moore at Tranmere. The club doesn't have a player worth watching. No goalkeeper, no defenders, no strikers, all loanees. All the decent players sold (currently appearing regularly on our TV screens!), none replaced. It suits many to blame it all on Eyre alone, but it looks to me like this season was written off by the Board before a ball was even kicked, showing contempt for those customers whose money they already had in their pockets, and going a long way to explaining why hundreds more (who see themselves as customers not fans) have stopped going. As an aside, the current loan-system will kill lower-league football.

It's a pretty big assumption that the board themselves wouldn't take a financial hit from the repercussions of relegation

Whether that's the case or not (and my late dad never wasted an opportunity to say he stopped watching the Dale when they "failed" to win promotion to the 2nd Division from the old Third Division North many moons ago after being in pole position to do so because they couldn't afford it) I doubt they'd be ploughing a minimum of £30k per season into the club to see gates dwindle due to a deliberate policy of "writing the season off"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Nicky Adams on twitter on 14:27 - Mar 26 with 2279 viewsSFD

Nicky Adams on twitter on 14:25 - Mar 26 by Dale_Iain

I've also said my piece on Twitter. Didn't say anything directly to any player but basically I agree 100% with what Will was saying. I too was getting annoyed by the constant "gutted" tweets after matches where we lacked passion, effort and ability. We've had 3 managers this season and been crap throughout, so the blame has to lie with the players. I can think of 6 players (not including Adams) who I'd keep for next season. I have a lot of respect for Will for speaking the truth when nobody else has the balls. I cannot understand why anybody who cares about Dale would think that the players don't deserve criticism this season.

Nicky Adams on twitter on 16:34 - Mar 26 with 2139 viewswehateoldham

Nicky Adams on twitter on 00:55 - Mar 25 by prestondale

I had the misfortune of wasting about £160 quid today getting to Brentford. The players in the main were terrible. Lucas did ok in nets, Tutte tried to drive forward and JLAA did his best. Everyone else was shocking.

Our set pieces, corners, free kick and throw ins are really really poor, we carry no threat. What formation are we playing with this bunch of misfit Sunday league players. If only someone would put in a crunching challenge, or get a yellow card for a miss timed tackle - we are either too slow to the ball or wimp out of the challenges. Where is the passion for the fight?

Is it any wonder we cannot get behind the team, they cannot pass to each other - the basics seem to be impossible for us.

I stayed to the end till the players left the pitch. Joner left with his head bowed, no fight left in him and any skill he had has gone - time to drop to the bench im afraid. I applauded Tutte because he did have some spark but I cannot bring myself to clap a team that is so bereft of skill, fight or passion.

Last chance saloon against Walsall next week

I also will be giving the end of season do a swerve as I can find nothing to celebrate with this team.

There not evan sunday league class at the moment! I play sunday league and would tear them a new arsehole!!!

P.S #BLAMECHAFF

FOOTBALL IS NOT JUST A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH ITS MUCH MORE THAN THAT

Nicky Adams on twitter on 18:29 - Mar 26 with 2034 viewsSaxonDale

Nicky Adams on twitter on 14:25 - Mar 26 by Dale_Iain

While I agree that the players are partially to blame, I think a lot of people are underestimating how hard it is in football to halt a bad run, especially when that bad run lasts for the four months of the season.
Nicky Adams on twitter on 18:34 - Mar 26 with 2025 viewsdalenumber2

Nicky Adams on twitter on 18:29 - Mar 26 by SaxonDale

While I agree that the players are partially to blame, I think a lot of people are underestimating how hard it is in football to halt a bad run, especially when that bad run lasts for the four months of the season.

I think it's unfair to have a go at Adams. I am sure he is gutted when we lose, and I think anyone that disputes that is wrong. Although he doesn't always turn out brilliant performances I do believe he is one of the players who puts in a lot of effort and cares about the club. More than some of the others do anyway.
Nicky Adams on twitter on 20:27 - Mar 26 with 1942 viewsSFD

Nicky Adams on twitter on 18:34 - Mar 26 by dalenumber2

I think it's unfair to have a go at Adams. I am sure he is gutted when we lose, and I think anyone that disputes that is wrong. Although he doesn't always turn out brilliant performances I do believe he is one of the players who puts in a lot of effort and cares about the club. More than some of the others do anyway.

Wgy was he so eager to leave in January if he cares about the club and why does he consistently turn his back or bottle out of challenges.
Login to get fewer ads

Nicky Adams on twitter on 20:39 - Mar 26 with 1907 viewsSuddenLad

Nicky Adams on twitter on 20:27 - Mar 26 by SFD

Wgy was he so eager to leave in January if he cares about the club and why does he consistently turn his back or bottle out of challenges.

Apart from spurious rumours, where and when has he actually said that he wanted to leave, either in January or at any other time ?

He said it was boLLock5 at the time, so why keep going on about it. ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Nicky Adams on twitter on 21:35 - Mar 26 with 1855 viewsSFD

Nicky Adams on twitter on 20:39 - Mar 26 by SuddenLad

Apart from spurious rumours, where and when has he actually said that he wanted to leave, either in January or at any other time ?

He said it was boLLock5 at the time, so why keep going on about it. ?

He was texting as much to some fans when errr was here
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Nicky Adams on twitter on 00:12 - Mar 27 with 1768 viewsrochdale1987

As well as JK who I think should be our next captain I'd keep joey widds, Jones, amankwaah and maybe JLAA the rest can all do one for all I care we are abseloute d0gshit
Nicky Adams on twitter on 09:22 - Mar 27 with 1670 viewsSuddenLad

Nicky Adams on twitter on 21:35 - Mar 26 by SFD

He was texting as much to some fans when errr was here
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I wonder how he got the mobile numbers of all these fans to be able to send texts?

I think it's just mischief making, and a load of baloney.

Nicky Adams on twitter on 09:50 - Mar 27 with 1654 viewssmudger

Nicky Adams on twitter on 09:22 - Mar 27 by SuddenLad

I wonder how he got the mobile numbers of all these fans to be able to send texts?

I think it's just mischief making, and a load of baloney.

Just look at the title of the post, via twitter i would assume.

For me i would keep,
Lucas as a reserve keeper / coach.
Widds, didn't rate him at first but the lads come good.
JK, hes had a couple of really shocking games but haven't they all!!
Jones, he has the heart for the club.... apart from when he considered going to Bradford but that could have just been a ruse for a higher salary.
Adams, i personally think he has got what it takes, but it needs the right gaffer to bring it out of him.
JLAA, great impact player, the game goes up a tempo when he comes on.
I would like to say Grimes but he thinks the club owes him a living, he is lazy and has a bad attitude, again i think the right gaffer could change that.
Long...... if only!!
Nicky Adams on twitter on 10:20 - Mar 27 with 1631 viewsSuddenLad

Nicky Adams on twitter on 09:50 - Mar 27 by smudger

Just look at the title of the post, via twitter i would assume.

For me i would keep,
Lucas as a reserve keeper / coach.
Widds, didn't rate him at first but the lads come good.
JK, hes had a couple of really shocking games but haven't they all!!
Jones, he has the heart for the club.... apart from when he considered going to Bradford but that could have just been a ruse for a higher salary.
Adams, i personally think he has got what it takes, but it needs the right gaffer to bring it out of him.
JLAA, great impact player, the game goes up a tempo when he comes on.
I would like to say Grimes but he thinks the club owes him a living, he is lazy and has a bad attitude, again i think the right gaffer could change that.
Long...... if only!!

The post referred specifically to 'texting', and I made the reply based on that.

Lucas was signed as a 'back-up' keeper/coach anyway. I'd keep him.

Jonah, Grimes, Tutte are contracted for next season.

JK and Adams are better players than we have seen in the last few games and we all know that. Both to stay for me.

JLAA isn't a 90 minute player, I'd keep Widdowson and Kevin Amankwah.

I'd sign Symes if he's interested and available. He has plenty to offer in the right position, with the right set-up. Like Grimes, we haven't see his full potential.

All the loan players will go back, their careers unaffected by whatever position we finish.

That's not to say John Coleman will agree, and he may well make players 'available' despite length of contract.

There is also the possibility that some players may have clauses in their contracts allowing them to leave in the event of relegation. No doubt we'll find out if/when the eventuality arises.

One thing's for sure. We need radical surgery, a clear out of the dead wood and malingerers, and some pride needs restoring to the shirt.

Let's get some players in with the guts and heart for a scrap, and see if we can re-create the 'Team Rochdale' ethic which we lost last summer.

There will be more players than ever on the transfer merry-go-round come the end of the season, and I have no doubt JC will be in touch with some prospective recruits already. At least, I hope he is.

Nicky Adams on twitter on 11:27 - Mar 27 with 1581 viewssweetcorn

Nicky Adams on twitter on 14:20 - Mar 26 by SFD

Decent post but perhaps JC has not turned it around as quickly as Moor because he is as good a manager ?
Alternativey he may have alot better players as it appeared last Tues.

If you believe Ronnie Moore is better than JC then you must be deluded. Ronnie Moore has an awful managerial record, just ask oldham and rotherham fans, the fact he didn't get that rotherham side up, is just laughable, it was probably a better side than our promotion team on paper.

I genuinley feel sorry for JC, because he's inherited a disspirited bunch of misfits, who have no alligience to the team and are basically turd. Even Mourinhou wouldn't save this team. I bet JC wishes he'd stayed at Accrington now and gave their promotion push a real go this season. I wouldn't blame him for thinking like that.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Nicky Adams on twitter on 11:32 - Mar 27 with 1575 viewsPDIDDY

Nicky Adams on twitter on 11:27 - Mar 27 by sweetcorn

If you believe Ronnie Moore is better than JC then you must be deluded. Ronnie Moore has an awful managerial record, just ask oldham and rotherham fans, the fact he didn't get that rotherham side up, is just laughable, it was probably a better side than our promotion team on paper.

I genuinley feel sorry for JC, because he's inherited a disspirited bunch of misfits, who have no alligience to the team and are basically turd. Even Mourinhou wouldn't save this team. I bet JC wishes he'd stayed at Accrington now and gave their promotion push a real go this season. I wouldn't blame him for thinking like that.

players with no alligience to your club got you promoted, weve got 7 on our books and havnt won in 13 games, its a funny old game

Gissa job

Nicky Adams on twitter on 11:58 - Mar 27 with 1546 viewsSuddenLad

Nicky Adams on twitter on 11:27 - Mar 27 by sweetcorn

Ronnie Moore always seems to start well, but deteriorates rapidly after a while. It will happen at Tranmere as well, so the honeymoon period is in full swing.

John Coleman will wield the axe as soon as he gets an opportunity to do so,
and the sooner it happens the better.

Nicky Adams on twitter on 12:39 - Mar 27 with 1477 viewsTVOS1907

Nicky Adams on twitter on 11:32 - Mar 27 by PDIDDY

players with no alligience to your club got you promoted, weve got 7 on our books and havnt won in 13 games, its a funny old game

Did they?

Wiseman, Kennedy, Stanton, Dawson, McArdle, O'Grady, Dagnall, Jones, Kennedy, Holness, Higginbotham, etc ....., were all ours, although you already know that, I imagine.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Nicky Adams on twitter on 02:31 - Mar 28 with 1336 viewssweetcorn

Nicky Adams on twitter on 12:39 - Mar 27 by TVOS1907

Did they?

Wiseman, Kennedy, Stanton, Dawson, McArdle, O'Grady, Dagnall, Jones, Kennedy, Holness, Higginbotham, etc ....., were all ours, although you already know that, I imagine.

you forgot, Will Buckley, Kenny Arthur, Ciaran Toner, Adam Rundle, Matthew Flynn, Joey Thompson. But yeah you know, team full of loanee's.

Nicky Adams on twitter on 08:25 - Mar 28 with 1301 viewsTVOS1907

Nicky Adams on twitter on 02:31 - Mar 28 by sweetcorn

you forgot, Will Buckley, Kenny Arthur, Ciaran Toner, Adam Rundle, Matthew Flynn, Joey Thompson. But yeah you know, team full of loanee's.

Precisely.

The 'etc...' covered the rest.

PDIDDY knows all this though.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Nicky Adams on twitter on 09:51 - Mar 28 with 1240 viewsPDIDDY

Nicky Adams on twitter on 08:25 - Mar 28 by TVOS1907

Precisely.

The 'etc...' covered the rest.

PDIDDY knows all this though.

what no loanees? anyhow terminal 1 lounge awaits diddy, roll on budapest

Gissa job

Nicky Adams on twitter on 20:10 - Mar 28 with 1102 viewsCockneyDale

For all his inconsistency, Adams is one of our few creative players and I think we need him and Tutte (the other one) in the starting 11, to share the burden with each other. Yes, sometimes one or other won't play well, but we need to create chances to feed our front two (like others have said I feel 2 up front is necessary) and would like to see Grimes get some decent service (as well as take ownership of his own faults and do something about them).
Nicky Adams on twitter on 20:19 - Mar 28 with 1089 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Embrassing thread

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Nicky Adams on twitter on 19:16 - Mar 29 with 984 viewssweetcorn

Nicky Adams on twitter on 20:19 - Mar 28 by DaleAwaydayBot

Embrassing thread

Why is it "embrassing"? If Adams put his all into getting back into the team and less time moaning, then maybe he wouldn't get the sh1t he does. he has been inconsistant and i can understand fans frustrations.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024