Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JT making things happen next season 21:14 - Apr 21 with 1562 viewsYouTubeDale

I thought he played really well today. When he took a shot in the first half, JLAA got in the way and headed it wide. I thought it was going in. He put another excellent cross in and this time JK had a do at goal. Then, again in the first half he put another fantastic cross in -low across the ground, just at the right pace in front of goal. He seemed to be stronger in holding his ground. Good pace and plenty of stamina. In the second half he was unlucky not to score after the ball rebounded off the x-bar and Lee stopped him with a good block.

JT ... one to watch next season, and I can't wait !!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

JT making things happen next season on 21:32 - Apr 21 with 1527 viewsBigKindo

But he might be in a red shirt.......
JT making things happen next season on 21:34 - Apr 21 with 1511 viewsYorkshire_Dale

One for the future.
JT making things happen next season on 22:56 - Apr 21 with 1444 viewsD_Dale

JT making things happen next season on 21:32 - Apr 21 by BigKindo

On today's performance, I'd not want to see him go for less than a four-figure fee, at least £10.99.
JT making things happen next season on 23:34 - Apr 21 with 1386 viewsceme_ender

is this a serious post? it's almost as funny as the john coleman one, are you sucking his cock?
JT making things happen next season on 23:57 - Apr 21 with 1356 viewsmacro

JT making things happen next season on 21:32 - Apr 21 by BigKindo

i hear oakwell a calling
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
JT making things happen next season on 03:23 - Apr 22 with 1309 viewsDaleFan7

JT making things happen next season on 23:57 - Apr 21 by macro

i hear oakwell a calling

I certainly hope so! The mere fact that he has to have a seperate thread on this forum every time he does something of bare mediocracy shows he isn't a good player. Otherwise these things would happen all the time and wouldnt be hIghlighted on here every time. How many seasons have we heard 'Oh watch out for JT this season he is going to be good' and how many times is it the same as it always was!? He is 23 not 17/18 and an upcoming prospect.
JT making things happen next season on 08:02 - Apr 22 with 1276 viewsTalkingSutty

JT making things happen next season on 03:23 - Apr 22 by DaleFan7

I certainly hope so! The mere fact that he has to have a seperate thread on this forum every time he does something of bare mediocracy shows he isn't a good player. Otherwise these things would happen all the time and wouldnt be hIghlighted on here every time. How many seasons have we heard 'Oh watch out for JT this season he is going to be good' and how many times is it the same as it always was!? He is 23 not 17/18 and an upcoming prospect.

I thought JT had a average first half and a poor second half, hence his substitution. He doesnt get stuck in and fails to show any urgency, until he gets some devilment in his play he will always be a fringe player in my opinion.

I am not a JT hater by any means (he seems like a nice lad), his overall contribution isnt and never as been good enough.
JT making things happen next season on 11:48 - Apr 22 with 1147 viewsphomem

JT making things happen next season on 08:02 - Apr 22 by TalkingSutty

I thought JT had a average first half and a poor second half, hence his substitution. He doesnt get stuck in and fails to show any urgency, until he gets some devilment in his play he will always be a fringe player in my opinion.

I am not a JT hater by any means (he seems like a nice lad), his overall contribution isnt and never as been good enough.

He's a confidence player and needs a run in the team to get consistency and that hasn't happened this season so we don't see his best
Login to get fewer ads

JT making things happen next season on 11:56 - Apr 22 with 1131 viewsTalkingSutty

JT making things happen next season on 11:48 - Apr 22 by phomem

He's a confidence player and needs a run in the team to get consistency and that hasn't happened this season so we don't see his best

He cant get a run in the team because every couple of games he gets injured. He isnt a young kid just starting out any more and knocking him off the ball is a easy task for opposing teams, thats the reason why he cant play up front.

We all have our own opinions on players and from what i have seen he doesnt have the bravery or aggression to be any more than a fringe player. He is too nice,if you now what i mean.
JT making things happen next season on 12:03 - Apr 22 with 1118 viewsDaleMS

JT making things happen next season on 11:56 - Apr 22 by TalkingSutty

He cant get a run in the team because every couple of games he gets injured. He isnt a young kid just starting out any more and knocking him off the ball is a easy task for opposing teams, thats the reason why he cant play up front.

We all have our own opinions on players and from what i have seen he doesnt have the bravery or aggression to be any more than a fringe player. He is too nice,if you now what i mean.

LOL d me a favour Thompson has had far too many games for us , he is completely useless.
He never tackles and very rarely gets involved.
How many good games has he had ? He must of clicked up over a 100 appearances and all I see is a stupid kid skipping around not even causing isance factor. He is ot one for the future the mongs have been sayng this for 4 years now LOL
Get rid like the makority of the non- league standard lsers at the club.
JT making things happen next season on 12:20 - Apr 22 with 1103 views442Dale

It would probably be best for all parties if Thompson moved on.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

JT making things happen next season on 13:10 - Apr 22 with 1051 viewsSalwaDale

JT making things happen next season on 12:20 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

Personally don't mind if he stays but I'll happilly accept whoever is moved on. Coleman needs to have a squad that is behind him. We don't know who is and who isn't so even if the likes of Jones or Kennedy go then fair enough.

TBBT

JT making things happen next season on 13:32 - Apr 22 with 1012 viewsTalkingSutty

JT making things happen next season on 13:10 - Apr 22 by SalwaDale

Personally don't mind if he stays but I'll happilly accept whoever is moved on. Coleman needs to have a squad that is behind him. We don't know who is and who isn't so even if the likes of Jones or Kennedy go then fair enough.

Agree with that, only keep the ones who are 100% behind the manager. Lets get players in with power and drive and a will to win. Most of the players we have at present are not only physically weak but also mentaly weak, that was evident yesteray.

We need some big characters in the dressing room, players like John Doolan and Flicker where never the best players, but those are the type of characters we have been missing. We have been like the whimps of league one this season !
JT making things happen next season on 13:42 - Apr 22 with 993 viewsfrenzied

JT making things happen next season on 12:20 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

dead right move him on simply not good enough often enough ..may benefit from a move elsewhere but i think hes destined to dissapear into the realms of "showed great potential at times"
JT making things happen next season on 13:56 - Apr 22 with 968 viewsofficialdale

Thompson is the kind of player we should hold onto. I've seen glimpse of him this season proving he has developed, and come so what a long way. But like others said, he's rather injured, or just out of the frame to be fair. At League 2 level, he'll be a good player and hopefully from there we can develop him into a more confident goal scorer, because its quite obvious he has the goals in him. Especially that calm, cool finish against Exeter. Everyone wants him to move on, but yet people forget what a credit he is to this club and what he does. He's always at fundraising events, always happy to speak to fans & acknowledge them & he is still under the '?' category in my opinion. I think he's got a lot to come yet
JT making things happen next season on 14:00 - Apr 22 with 961 viewsTalkingSutty

JT making things happen next season on 13:42 - Apr 22 by frenzied

dead right move him on simply not good enough often enough ..may benefit from a move elsewhere but i think hes destined to dissapear into the realms of "showed great potential at times"

JT normally plays on the wing, so i compare him to another winger who was deemed not good enough by a lot of supporters and was often subjected to abuse or used as the whipping boy at the time.
Now Adam Rundle could beat a man, cross a ball and score goals, not saying he was a special player but from what i witnesed he was a better player than JT and made more of a impact. We gave him away on a free.
JT making things happen next season on 14:04 - Apr 22 with 958 viewsDaleFan7

JT making things happen next season on 14:00 - Apr 22 by TalkingSutty

JT normally plays on the wing, so i compare him to another winger who was deemed not good enough by a lot of supporters and was often subjected to abuse or used as the whipping boy at the time.
Now Adam Rundle could beat a man, cross a ball and score goals, not saying he was a special player but from what i witnesed he was a better player than JT and made more of a impact. We gave him away on a free.

Agree, people were on Rundle's backs a lot and he was 10x the player Thompson has ever shown to be. He contributed massively to our Wembley season and I was sad to see someone like him released and Thomspon given more and more contracts for doing bugger all. I still think Rundle would do a better job than Thompson but look where he has fallen to now. That said I think apart from being at our club Thompson would be a BSP player AT BEST.
JT making things happen next season on 14:59 - Apr 22 with 904 viewsTVOS1907

JT making things happen next season on 14:00 - Apr 22 by TalkingSutty

I don't recall Rundle being a whipping boy.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but certainly not up to the level of criticism and scrutiny Thompson receives.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

JT making things happen next season on 15:24 - Apr 22 with 880 viewsIcelandDale

JT making things happen next season on 12:03 - Apr 22 by DaleMS

LOL d me a favour Thompson has had far too many games for us , he is completely useless.
He never tackles and very rarely gets involved.
How many good games has he had ? He must of clicked up over a 100 appearances and all I see is a stupid kid skipping around not even causing isance factor. He is ot one for the future the mongs have been sayng this for 4 years now LOL
Get rid like the makority of the non- league standard lsers at the club.

You are ill. Seek help.
JT making things happen next season on 17:05 - Apr 22 with 803 viewsTalkingSutty

JT making things happen next season on 14:59 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

I don't recall Rundle being a whipping boy.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but certainly not up to the level of criticism and scrutiny Thompson receives.

Rundle was subjected to a lot of criticism from certain sections of the crowd, but from what i remember he made more of a impact in his time at the club than JT.

If you analyse JT contribution to this season he has done very little apart from recovering from various injuries or making the odd cameo appearance. What has he done to warrant a contract renewal ? Having said that i wouldnt be surprised to see the manager retain him and use him as a squad player, but how long do we have to wait for the lad to blossom.

I havent seen any real improvement since he joind the club and he has had plenty of chances over the years, to progress we need to aquire better players i reckon.
JT making things happen next season on 17:38 - Apr 22 with 780 viewsTVOS1907

JT making things happen next season on 17:05 - Apr 22 by TalkingSutty

Rundle was subjected to a lot of criticism from certain sections of the crowd, but from what i remember he made more of a impact in his time at the club than JT.

If you analyse JT contribution to this season he has done very little apart from recovering from various injuries or making the odd cameo appearance. What has he done to warrant a contract renewal ? Having said that i wouldnt be surprised to see the manager retain him and use him as a squad player, but how long do we have to wait for the lad to blossom.

I havent seen any real improvement since he joind the club and he has had plenty of chances over the years, to progress we need to aquire better players i reckon.

I wasn't disagreeing with you over JT.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

JT making things happen next season on 17:58 - Apr 22 with 765 viewsChaffRAFC

Rundle was subjected to quite a bit of abuse from Dale fans (I'm guilty of this as well at times) because towards the end of his career he wasn't performing like he had. His crossing wasn't great but when you look back, he was always top of of our assist charts and chipped in with goals as well. He was soft as shite and used to nonce out of tackles but I'd take him over Thompson any day of the week.

As I've said previously, Thompson's not progressed like he should have done. He's been here for 6 years and at no point has he cemented a place in the starting 11. That's because, he is, at best, a squad player. Adam Rundle was a first team regular ahead of Thompson, Nicky Adams is a regular ahead of him and we've brought numerous loanees in to add quality in that area over the years, to play ahead of Thompson. You can count on one hand the number of top performances from him. I don't think he's a winger as long as his arse points to the ground because he can't beat a man, he's an ok crosser but never gets into a position to get a good ball in. He's a much better striker than a winger. He is also injury prone.

He'd certainly be on my released list at the end of this season I'm afraid. I think he has the potential to have a good career in the game but he needs to figure out where he wants to play and cement a place at another club and gain some confidence.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

JT making things happen next season on 18:10 - Apr 22 with 739 viewsTalkingSutty

JT making things happen next season on 17:58 - Apr 22 by ChaffRAFC

Rundle was subjected to quite a bit of abuse from Dale fans (I'm guilty of this as well at times) because towards the end of his career he wasn't performing like he had. His crossing wasn't great but when you look back, he was always top of of our assist charts and chipped in with goals as well. He was soft as shite and used to nonce out of tackles but I'd take him over Thompson any day of the week.

As I've said previously, Thompson's not progressed like he should have done. He's been here for 6 years and at no point has he cemented a place in the starting 11. That's because, he is, at best, a squad player. Adam Rundle was a first team regular ahead of Thompson, Nicky Adams is a regular ahead of him and we've brought numerous loanees in to add quality in that area over the years, to play ahead of Thompson. You can count on one hand the number of top performances from him. I don't think he's a winger as long as his arse points to the ground because he can't beat a man, he's an ok crosser but never gets into a position to get a good ball in. He's a much better striker than a winger. He is also injury prone.

He'd certainly be on my released list at the end of this season I'm afraid. I think he has the potential to have a good career in the game but he needs to figure out where he wants to play and cement a place at another club and gain some confidence.

That sums it up and its not about being a hater of JT because he comes across as a decent chap. He needs a good dose of aggression because without that he can forget playing as a forward.

How many times does he lay the ball off to another player when he has the opportunity to run at the defence, its about time he started to take the responsibility because he does have some good qualities as well. Maybe its a lack of confidence in his own ability but next year we need everybody busting a gut in every minute of the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024