Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry goes on trial this Monday 02:39 - Jul 8 with 48622 viewsDylanP

Terry's trial to start on Monday. Yet another thing to look forward to, Sadly, apparently the maximum he can get is a small fine. However, the humiliation will be a laugh.

Football fans found guilty of racism can be banned from going to football grounds for a while. Wouldn't it be funny if Terry received a football ground ban!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170238/John-Terry-trial-Anton

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:47 - Jul 9 with 1705 viewsJamie

Ferdinand: you're putting words in my mouth sir.
That's in response to lawyer accusing him of changing his story

Lawyer: Did you try and get Mr Terry charged through 3rd parties?
Ferdinand: No I never
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:48 - Jul 9 with 1695 viewsnadera78

If you ever needed confirmation that Ashley Cole is John Terry's 'house boy' then you only have to see how Cole reacted to Ferdinand mocking Terry - "You can't speak to him like that".
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:53 - Jul 9 with 1665 viewsJamie

Conversation moves to the role of a Mr Rigby from Ferdinand's agents New Era Group

Lawyer: Did you ever authorize Mr Rigby to actually contact the police in order to get Mr Terry charged? Ferdinand: no

Lawyer: Is Rigby also a PR agent for your brother? Ferdinand: My brother's a part of the agency so yes

Ferdinand asked if PR agent Rigby changed his mind about making statement to police Ferdinand: I changed my mind nobody can change my mind

Ferdinand getting annoyed at question about whether he pays for Rigby's services. `Is what I pay and what I do relevant to this?'
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:57 - Jul 9 with 1639 viewsJamie

Terry's lawyer quibbling about words Ferdinand used this morning compared to the ones he's using this afternoon

Lawyer: You added an extra element Mr Ferdinand designed to deliberatly provoke Mr Terry when all your other attempts failed

AF: NO

Defence cross examination finished for now. Prosecutor now going through why Ferdinand was originally reluctnant to go to police
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:57 - Jul 9 with 1638 viewsQPR1882

HAS TERRY BEEN FOUND INNOCENT YET ?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:00 - Jul 9 with 1628 viewsBasingstokeR

Sounds like a wobbly Defence to me.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:01 - Jul 9 with 1622 viewsJamie

Prosecutor: At the time Mr Terry was England captain. Did you have any reason to make up a false allegation against him? Ferdinand: no

Ferdinand's time on the witness stand over. lasted about 2 hours. he's been told not to Tweet about the trial
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:04 - Jul 9 with 1603 viewsBathRanger

There's a live blog which is being continually updated as the trial proceeds here:

http://live-blog.sport.uk.msn.com/Event/John_Terry_race_trial
Login to get fewer ads

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:07 - Jul 9 with 1591 views18StoneOfHoop

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:01 - Jul 9 by Jamie

Prosecutor: At the time Mr Terry was England captain. Did you have any reason to make up a false allegation against him? Ferdinand: no

Ferdinand's time on the witness stand over. lasted about 2 hours. he's been told not to Tweet about the trial

He's taken 2 hours of some damn hard Carter-Stephenson pounding there.A little bit worried about AF's wobbly lip defence but no major cracks revealed or goals conceded #NiceOneAnton!

When can we get Captain Seig Heil on the stand? Tomorrow? Wednesday?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:34 - Jul 9 with 1542 viewsKernowRanger

"Ferdinand denies using race to provoke John Terry. #terry"

Am I reading this entirely wrong, or does this not say that the defence are trying to claim that Anton being black was provocation enough for what Terry did?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:38 - Jul 9 with 1528 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:34 - Jul 9 by KernowRanger

"Ferdinand denies using race to provoke John Terry. #terry"

Am I reading this entirely wrong, or does this not say that the defence are trying to claim that Anton being black was provocation enough for what Terry did?

No the defence are saying Ferdinand accused Terry of racially abusing him which Terry was replying to in the infamous video footage.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:43 - Jul 9 with 1517 viewsJamie

Lip reader (Terry): F**k off (obstruction) **** off pause eh yeah I **** (obstruction) you f***ing black c** pause you f***ing knobhed
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:45 - Jul 9 with 1498 viewsFDC

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:43 - Jul 9 by Jamie

Lip reader (Terry): F**k off (obstruction) **** off pause eh yeah I **** (obstruction) you f***ing black c** pause you f***ing knobhed

Case closed
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:57 - Jul 9 with 1466 viewsBasingstokeR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:43 - Jul 9 by Jamie

Where is the missing "A" Mr Terry????!!! the one you said was between "you" and "f**king"
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:01 - Jul 9 with 1453 viewsJamie

Terry's lawyer to lip reader: Lip reading isn't a precise science is it?
Says it requires 'guesswork'
she says 'too a degree'

Lip reader says she's put down in evidence what she's 'certain' to have seen.
Terry's lawyer says what she 'may' have seen what's in doc

Whiteley is profoundly deaf - but via lip-reading is able to answer Carter-Stephenson's questions

Terry's lawyer continuing with line about the unpredictability of lip-reading.
He also asks lip reader about impact of media coverage on her

she says, ` I know something has been said but I didn't know what words used.'
Lip reader: 'I don't read newspapers.'

Lip reader says she wasn;t aware a racial comment was the subject of the Terry/Ferdinand incident before she was asked to decipher words
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:02 - Jul 9 with 1442 viewsdaveB

so they are trying to discredit her by saying lip reading isn't an exact science and they are trying to prove this talking to a deaf person who is lip reading them, genius.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:02 - Jul 9 with 1439 viewsfblockasia

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:51 - Jul 8 by finney

well after being called an irish cxxt once and spat in the face i can tell ya it's not that great.

once ?

sorry just kidding ,couldnt resist it
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:19 - Jul 9 with 1407 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:02 - Jul 9 by daveB

so they are trying to discredit her by saying lip reading isn't an exact science and they are trying to prove this talking to a deaf person who is lip reading them, genius.

You couldn't make it up could you?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:22 - Jul 9 with 1383 viewssimmo

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:02 - Jul 9 by daveB

If they had asked that and she replied 'The last time I counted there were 7 but I couldn't name them' he might have had a point.

What a load of crap.

'So gravity...... Cant actually see it can you'

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:38 - Jul 9 with 1334 viewsDylanP

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:22 - Jul 9 by simmo

If they had asked that and she replied 'The last time I counted there were 7 but I couldn't name them' he might have had a point.

What a load of crap.

Thanks for all the posts everyone. Its interesting stuff and I appreciate people posting for those of us who dont have access.

Here's a short article on Sky website. Nothing new but fun to read anyhow.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7884059/Terry-racially-abused-Ferd

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:38 - Jul 9 with 1240 viewsHunterhoop

If that is the main exchange between defence and lip reader, the defence should be screwed. Under oath the lip reader says she had no prior knowledge about the case and has deciphered only what she is certain of. She's an independent witness to all intent and purpose. Her testimony blows Terry's defence out of the water. Especially as it confirms AF's recollection of events (ie he didn't provoke Terry to "respond")

This should be done and dusted. Any doubt the jury had should be completely removed by the lip readers interpretation and comments.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:38 - Jul 9 with 1239 viewsHunterhoop

If that is the main exchange between defence and lip reader, the defence should be screwed. Under oath the lip reader says she had no prior knowledge about the case and has deciphered only what she is certain of. She's an independent witness to all intent and purpose. Her testimony blows Terry's defence out of the water. Especially as it confirms AF's recollection of events (ie he didn't provoke Terry to "respond")

This should be done and dusted. Any doubt the jury had should be completely removed by the lip readers interpretation and comments.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:43 - Jul 9 with 1229 viewsloftboy

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:38 - Jul 9 by Hunterhoop

There is no jury

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:53 - Jul 9 with 1204 viewsblacky200

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:22 - Jul 9 by simmo

What a load of crap.

That made oi larf.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:09 - Jul 9 with 1178 viewsSpeediesdouble

From what I've seen so far of this hearing as I suspected is going to be a complete waste of resource and tax payers money. Unless there is some new evidence around the corner the lip readers have just confirmed the fact that there is plenty of doubt about the context.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024