Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Jon Lord 18:43 - Jul 16 with 3326 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

RIP Jon Lord on 18:49 - Jul 16 with 3305 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP Legend. Thanks for the Music Jon.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

RIP Jon Lord on 18:53 - Jul 16 with 3295 viewsted_hendrix

In the car coming home from work Planet Rock were playing Deep Purple all the way home tonight.

I wonder if people realise just how huge and influential Deep Purple were, they were just fcking awesome.

RIP Jon

Sweet Child In time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

RIP Jon Lord on 18:58 - Jul 16 with 3283 viewskomradkirk

RIP Jon

God bless Deep Purple
RIP Jon Lord on 19:06 - Jul 16 with 3261 viewsGloryHunter

He was 71. Now I feel REALLY old . . .
RIP Jon Lord on 19:07 - Jul 16 with 3253 viewsPacal_Votan

He'd only retired a while ago as well.

R.I.P.

"Try the whine!!!"

RIP Jon Lord on 19:40 - Jul 16 with 3214 viewsRoller

Very, very sad news, but not surprising, it was no secret that he was ill.

My passions growing up were QPR, Deep Purple, beer and girls. The day I saw Deep Purple at Knebworth would rate alongside QPR winning promotion a year ago and staying up this year.

I played a live version of Wring that Neck very loudly in the car coming home, absolutely magnificent piece of music.

RIP Jon.
RIP Jon Lord on 19:53 - Jul 16 with 3196 viewsSonofNorfolt

Bollox.

They should bury him in a Hammond organ case.

R.I.P
RIP Jon Lord on 22:48 - Jul 16 with 3098 viewsTheBlob

Heaven done called another blues player back home.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Jon Lord on 22:51 - Jul 16 with 3093 viewsHunterhoop

RIP Jon Lord on 18:53 - Jul 16 by ted_hendrix

In the car coming home from work Planet Rock were playing Deep Purple all the way home tonight.

I wonder if people realise just how huge and influential Deep Purple were, they were just fcking awesome.

RIP Jon

Sweet Child In time.

Completely agree Ted.

IMO the most underrated band in British history.

They were as big as Sabbath, Led Zep and Floyd at the time. The Mark II line up was rock royalty and produced two of the best hard rock albums of all time.

It's bizarrae, unjust and disappointing as to how they have been forgotten by mass media, whilst Led Zep and Sabbath get all this retro praise.

Deep Purple were ace. RIP Jon Lord.
RIP Jon Lord on 23:22 - Jul 16 with 3078 viewsToast_R

Lordy will be sadly missed.

As good as they were I guess when Bands have their core members in and out as often a Purple did, it kinda loses some of the legendary prestige. They had Blackmore walk out when he got bored, Coverdale never quite cut it accept on Burn and with Glenn Hughes going off the rails they kinda fizzled out and had a slow painful finish.

Same with Thin Lizzy, many line up changes over the years never really made the most of themselves when they were at their best when they stumbled across one of the best guitarists ever in Brian Robertson who pretty much pissed his talent up the wall and left during the bands peak.

Sabbath were on a different level, totally original genre and had already done so much by the time Ozzy was pushed out, it didn't matter what they did after.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024