Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diakite? 20:25 - Aug 25 with 3883 viewsEalingRanger

Anybody else a bit concerned by the performances of our resident mental Malian in the past couple of games? Thought he escaped a lot of criticism which should of come his way against Swansea as the entire team was pants, but today he really stood out for me as our least convincing player. Gave the ball away in dangerous areas, couldn't seem to pass further than five yards and didn't do a great job of protecting the back four. Thankfully he seems to have retained his ability to carry the ball past players however if he doesn't do it defensively then that is redundant. Was wondering if anyone else is a bit perturbed by this.
Diakite? on 20:29 - Aug 25 with 3840 viewsJamie

Looked unfit to me.

More worrying is that he wasn't getting stuck into the challenge like last season. Can only remember him committing to 1 tackle all day and even that was at the death.
Diakite? on 20:33 - Aug 25 with 3816 viewsHulahoop7

He's a great player and will get better, everyone is having a bad time of it, once they have sussed each other out and MH has coached them into something resembling a team he and others will shine again, its early days m8.
Diakite? on 20:43 - Aug 25 with 3762 viewsEalingRanger

Diakite? on 20:33 - Aug 25 by Hulahoop7

He's a great player and will get better, everyone is having a bad time of it, once they have sussed each other out and MH has coached them into something resembling a team he and others will shine again, its early days m8.

I love him as much as anyone else, but his form seems to have fallen off a cliff more than anyone else IMO
Diakite? on 21:05 - Aug 25 with 3670 viewsbaz_qpr

Disagree as I said in another thread, you are only as good as the people around you and how you are set up, to day in a two with Park he is playing alongside a player who is not the right player to be playing CM in a two. Last week he was totally isolated in as the 1 in a 4-1-4-1. All his best games for us have been in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 his early couple of games were in a 4-1-4-1 (1st game) trhen a couple in a 4-4-2.

I actually think he will be fine in a 4-4-2 alongside Faurlin but I still think our best formation is 4-2-3-1
Diakite? on 21:26 - Aug 25 with 3591 viewsbosh67

Diakite? on 20:43 - Aug 25 by EalingRanger

I love him as much as anyone else, but his form seems to have fallen off a cliff more than anyone else IMO

Ealing, he's had less than 25 minutes pre season training and now two matches - plus he ended last season carrying a virus. Give the guy a chance to get back to full match fitness. In case you didn't notice, last week he bailed out half the defence on numerous occasions when they went missing. I have absolutely no doubts he will be a major star for us - and once Faurlin is back in the team we will be awesome in central midfield. Plus they allegedly forgot to pack his Haribo today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Diakite? on 21:27 - Aug 25 with 3588 viewskysersosaqpr

Diakite? on 21:05 - Aug 25 by baz_qpr

Disagree as I said in another thread, you are only as good as the people around you and how you are set up, to day in a two with Park he is playing alongside a player who is not the right player to be playing CM in a two. Last week he was totally isolated in as the 1 in a 4-1-4-1. All his best games for us have been in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 his early couple of games were in a 4-1-4-1 (1st game) trhen a couple in a 4-4-2.

I actually think he will be fine in a 4-4-2 alongside Faurlin but I still think our best formation is 4-2-3-1

With our forwards we could play 4-2-3-9

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Diakite? on 21:43 - Aug 25 with 3535 viewsWestonsuperR

I am also concerned with Diakite's performances so far but not just this season, last season as well. I really couldn't understand the over excitement of us signing a player that scored as many times as he got sent off for us last season, a player that had one decent game (Arsenal) and a player that struggled at times to get in the Nancy team (and never scored for them). Diakite has potential but comments I have read before the season about what a bargain he was and comparing him to Viera are laughable.

I also question whether he is fully fit but surely Hughes and the fitness coaches wouldn't be stupid enough to play a Prem match with a player that wasn't 100% fit.
Diakite? on 22:18 - Aug 25 with 3455 viewsQPR_Nippon

Today he looked a pale shadow of the player he was last season. Dunno whether he was lacking fitness, confidence or what, but on the basis of today's performance I'd be more comfortable with Derry starting until Samba gets his mojo back.

We could have really done with Joey Barton today, seriously. He would have at least have given us a presence in midfield. We desperately needed someone in there to press their midfielders and close down the spaces - something JB actually does pretty well.
Login to get fewer ads

Diakite? on 22:22 - Aug 25 with 3427 viewsted_hendrix

I think after a whole two games of football we should maybe start thinking about cutting some of our players a bit of slack.

You know the sort of stuff, give them time to gel, othewise we'll be relegated by the end of August.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Diakite? on 22:27 - Aug 25 with 3413 viewsTacticalR

Diakite? on 22:18 - Aug 25 by QPR_Nippon

Today he looked a pale shadow of the player he was last season. Dunno whether he was lacking fitness, confidence or what, but on the basis of today's performance I'd be more comfortable with Derry starting until Samba gets his mojo back.

We could have really done with Joey Barton today, seriously. He would have at least have given us a presence in midfield. We desperately needed someone in there to press their midfielders and close down the spaces - something JB actually does pretty well.

Barton would been targeted for niggling tackles and would have been have been sent off, as he was last time against Norwich.

Air hostess clique

Diakite? on 22:27 - Aug 25 with 3413 viewskingo

Diakite? on 22:18 - Aug 25 by QPR_Nippon

Agree, Park works hard but is not a cm and this is leaving a lot on Samba and he also looks tired. We need to get Faurlin back or get another defensive cm or we won't get the best out of either Park or Samba. I hope we can get this lad Mbia or Ali is nearly there as it isn't working in the engine room at the moment.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Diakite? on 22:32 - Aug 25 with 3386 viewsPeterHucker

Diakite? on 22:22 - Aug 25 by ted_hendrix

I think after a whole two games of football we should maybe start thinking about cutting some of our players a bit of slack.

You know the sort of stuff, give them time to gel, othewise we'll be relegated by the end of August.

wise words as usual Ted
Diakite? on 22:33 - Aug 25 with 3381 viewsloftboy

This

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Diakite? on 23:12 - Aug 25 with 3303 viewsgazza1

Disappionted me today......
Diakite? on 00:05 - Aug 26 with 3219 viewsEalingRanger

I'm not panicking at all, and I've found some of the responses to the past two games to be pretty ridiculous. I just think it is weird how bad Diakite has been thats all. Especially considering how wonderful he became at the end of last season.
Diakite? on 00:13 - Aug 26 with 3199 viewsparker64

Looked good going forward and hard to stop once he gets going. Not so great receiving the ball facing his own goal and first touch a bit suspect. Norwich closed him down quickly and didn't want him turning and getting forward. Early days.
Diakite? on 08:43 - Aug 26 with 3021 viewsWestonsuperR

Always thought message board was for opinions and mine is Diakite is struggling, no team is getting relegated by the end of August and opinions expressed on here won't influence that in any way.

Let's hope for a big improvement, Samba certainly showed v Arsenal that he is capable of a big performance.
Diakite? on 10:03 - Aug 26 with 2926 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

It will probably be many matches, maybe months, before this team plays like a team. Meanwhile there's hardly any point in criticising individuals. All of them are struggling.

Diakite only played nine games for us last season. In at least five of those he was sent off or in danger of being sent off. Diakite has a lot to learn and changing the midfield around him will not have helped.

Diakite? on 10:14 - Aug 26 with 2904 viewsNeil_SI

There's lots of reasons that might contribute to his form at the moment, ranging from his lack of pre-season towards the end, to the current teams poor form and poor start, but also, and what my main question about him was, his traits.

If I was another player on an opposing team and done my home work on him, I'd realise he makes a lot of those risky mazy runs and is a bit of a maverick, who does have unorthadox technique, and then I'd be ready to pounce on him during matches and looking to make sure I steal the ball from him when he decides to take those risk. And it's that, that I think is happening and now he has to respond and show he can adapt.

It may take him a little while to reach 100% and maybe when he's firing on all cylinders his athleticism will make the difference again.

As for his inability to protect the back four, I think this is more of a problem from the coaching side. I could not tell who was supposed to be responsible for what in terms of the midfield pairing. Just like last week, we had the midfield looking like they all wanted to do the same role, and the more forward thinking one than defensive.
Diakite? on 11:16 - Aug 26 with 2812 viewsINFIRMARY

Diakite? on 10:14 - Aug 26 by Neil_SI

There's lots of reasons that might contribute to his form at the moment, ranging from his lack of pre-season towards the end, to the current teams poor form and poor start, but also, and what my main question about him was, his traits.

If I was another player on an opposing team and done my home work on him, I'd realise he makes a lot of those risky mazy runs and is a bit of a maverick, who does have unorthadox technique, and then I'd be ready to pounce on him during matches and looking to make sure I steal the ball from him when he decides to take those risk. And it's that, that I think is happening and now he has to respond and show he can adapt.

It may take him a little while to reach 100% and maybe when he's firing on all cylinders his athleticism will make the difference again.

As for his inability to protect the back four, I think this is more of a problem from the coaching side. I could not tell who was supposed to be responsible for what in terms of the midfield pairing. Just like last week, we had the midfield looking like they all wanted to do the same role, and the more forward thinking one than defensive.

He arrived last season super fit after a good African Cup of Nations tournament , if anything I see an issue of him having to play a anchor role in midfield as Derry used too which I don't think is using his power and speed to the its full potential !

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Diakite? on 11:23 - Aug 26 with 2795 viewssmegma

As Jamie pointed out he looks unfit and as Bosh mentioned hes hardly played since May so give the kid a break. I'm more concerned that MH is picking him if hes not matchfit yet.
Diakite? on 12:15 - Aug 26 with 2716 viewsantoknee64

Diakite? on 21:05 - Aug 25 by baz_qpr

Baz that is the perfect reason.
AF would be the ideal CM partner for him,due to AF work rate and sweeping up SD would not be left on he's own to cover defence.
Also the reason he missed the last part of pre-season was due to personal reason that may not yet of been resolved.
Plus opposition managers were aware that last season he was our biggest threat and has probably set he's team out to play special attention to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024