Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Pet Hates 01:01 - Sep 2 with 4939 viewsRotherhamDale

Not necessarily from Spotland, just out of random interest.

1: Netting that isn't white

Possession with progression.

Football Pet Hates on 12:40 - Sep 2 with 1114 viewsmikehunt

Keepers who hold the ball outside their area whilst keeping their feet in, before kicking the ball. HANDBALL ffs!!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Football Pet Hates on 13:00 - Sep 2 with 1083 viewsGhanaDale

Football Pet Hates on 10:28 - Sep 2 by dingdangblue

Well I said stopping a goal so if the ball is 'trickling' towards the line and isnt definitely going in you would just give the penalty ! sheesh! I am more on about what suarez did against ghana in the world cup when he saved a certain goal and the penalty was missed - that shouldve been a goal but for blatant cheating - a penalty goal in that situation wouldve seen the correct outcome.

:(

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Football Pet Hates on 13:31 - Sep 2 with 1055 viewsBanned4ever

Armchair,Supporters
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Football Pet Hates on 13:58 - Sep 2 with 1035 viewsmacro

listening to 606 and finding out the person phoning in hasn't been to the game
Football Pet Hates on 14:08 - Sep 2 with 1024 viewsTVOS1907

Football Pet Hates on 10:28 - Sep 2 by dingdangblue

Well I said stopping a goal so if the ball is 'trickling' towards the line and isnt definitely going in you would just give the penalty ! sheesh! I am more on about what suarez did against ghana in the world cup when he saved a certain goal and the penalty was missed - that shouldve been a goal but for blatant cheating - a penalty goal in that situation wouldve seen the correct outcome.

I knew what you meant and was just offering an alternative view.

At what point does it become obvious whether or not the ball is going in, especially in a fluid game like football?

No idea what the rugby references mean.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Football Pet Hates on 14:19 - Sep 2 with 1011 viewsTVOS1907

Football Pet Hates on 12:40 - Sep 2 by mikehunt

Keepers who hold the ball outside their area whilst keeping their feet in, before kicking the ball. HANDBALL ffs!!

That's like saying at a throw-in, the thrower has to release the ball before his hands pass the touchline.

As long as the feet are behind the line/in the area, it can't be handball.

Football Pet Hates on 14:50 - Sep 2 with 981 viewsphomem

Football Pet Hates on 14:19 - Sep 2 by TVOS1907

That's like saying at a throw-in, the thrower has to release the ball before his hands pass the touchline.

You get cases of the keeper sliding his body out of the area but holding on to the ball inside, all fine
Football Pet Hates on 15:31 - Sep 2 with 962 viewsdalenumber2

The young man who sits behind us and moans all the time and shouts very loudly and foully about the ref, the linesman and the opposition players every single match. And sometimes about our own players.
No, wait, his Dad who sits grinning next to him and who fails to let his son know what an idiot he is making of himself.
Login to get fewer ads

Football Pet Hates (n/t) on 15:47 - Sep 2 with 942 viewschuckleberry

Clubs that don't sell black coffee.
Football Pet Hates on 15:48 - Sep 2 with 936 viewsRotherhamDale

People who go to the toilet/pie stalls about 48 times during a game and keep asking you to move, 'Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me'

Possession with progression.

Football Pet Hates on 16:03 - Sep 2 with 921 viewsmikehunt

Football Pet Hates on 14:50 - Sep 2 by phomem

You get cases of the keeper sliding his body out of the area but holding on to the ball inside, all fine

Aye, but, conversely, if a keeper slides out and touches the ball but his legs are still in the area; that's handball. So what's the difference?

Football Pet Hates on 16:15 - Sep 2 with 909 viewsTVOS1907

Football Pet Hates on 16:03 - Sep 2 by mikehunt

Aye, but, conversely, if a keeper slides out and touches the ball but his legs are still in the area; that's handball. So what's the difference?

Well in phomem's example, the ball and the part of the body used to control it are both still in the area.

In your example, the ball has been controlled outside the area by the hands.

In my throw-in example and your first example, the ball isn't in play until it's been thrown/kicked.

Football Pet Hates on 16:46 - Sep 2 with 878 viewsmikehunt

Football Pet Hates on 16:15 - Sep 2 by TVOS1907

Well in phomem's example, the ball and the part of the body used to control it are both still in the area.

In your example, the ball has been controlled outside the area by the hands.

In my throw-in example and your first example, the ball isn't in play until it's been thrown/kicked.

Ah no TVOS. I'm on about a ball that has been gathered, either via a shot or backpass, then punted upfield. That ball is in play, surely? So, if the keeper holds the ball outside the area, a freekick should be awarded.
Anyway, it wouldn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things: This is just one of my pet hates.
By the way, re. your throw-in point; don't the rules state something like, the ball has to be released by the time the hands have reached the head?

Football Pet Hates on 16:48 - Sep 2 with 872 viewsrochedale

I think you will find your comment regarding the keeper is wrong. If he has hold of the ball and the ball is outside the area it is hand ball, doesn't matter what other parts of his body are in the area.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Football Pet Hates on 16:58 - Sep 2 with 852 viewsjimmysbaldhead

It doesn't happen often but you are wrong with this one TVOS regarding the GK.
Football Pet Hates on 17:05 - Sep 2 with 805 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Fans who have ago at other Fans for supporting their Local Football Club instead of having ago at Rival Fans on the wrong forum

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Football Pet Hates on 17:11 - Sep 2 with 797 viewsTVOS1907

Football Pet Hates on 16:46 - Sep 2 by mikehunt

Ah no TVOS. I'm on about a ball that has been gathered, either via a shot or backpass, then punted upfield. That ball is in play, surely? So, if the keeper holds the ball outside the area, a freekick should be awarded.
Anyway, it wouldn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things: This is just one of my pet hates.
By the way, re. your throw-in point; don't the rules state something like, the ball has to be released by the time the hands have reached the head?

The wording in the laws says "behind and over the head", so I'm not sure where 'over' starts and finishes.

Anyway, due to the balance required with the feet behind the line, it's highly unlikely the head would be significantly in front of the line at the time of release.

It's certainly one that would be nigh on impossible to detect at full speed.

Football Pet Hates on 17:13 - Sep 2 with 793 viewsTVOS1907

Football Pet Hates on 16:58 - Sep 2 by jimmysbaldhead

It doesn't happen often but you are wrong with this one TVOS regarding the GK.

I'm doing my lines now, as it were.

Football Pet Hates on 17:14 - Sep 2 with 790 viewsTVOS1907

Football Pet Hates on 17:05 - Sep 2 by DaleAwaydayBot

Fans who have ago at other Fans for supporting their Local Football Club instead of having ago at Rival Fans on the wrong forum

What do you think the crowd will be on Tuesday?

Football Pet Hates on 17:17 - Sep 2 with 782 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Football Pet Hates on 17:14 - Sep 2 by TVOS1907

What do you think the crowd will be on Tuesday?

2,725 - 3001 not being optimistic over a sell out but i wouldn't underestimate the cod fans

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Football Pet Hates on 17:20 - Sep 2 with 778 viewsTVOS1907

Football Pet Hates on 17:17 - Sep 2 by DaleAwaydayBot

2,725 - 3001 not being optimistic over a sell out but i wouldn't underestimate the cod fans

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Football Pet Hates on 17:26 - Sep 2 with 768 views442Dale

Football Pet Hates on 17:17 - Sep 2 by DaleAwaydayBot

That would mean they'll bring at least half the crowd.

300. Max.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Football Pet Hates on 17:33 - Sep 2 with 764 viewsBanned4ever

Is this a-J.P.T.game?.No, more then1,400
Football Pet Hates on 18:58 - Sep 2 with 697 viewsSkiptonDale

Being from Skipton, the main fans around me support Leeds, Bradford and Man United (get them everywhere).

It does my head in when talking about football in the pub or wherever, and I make a valid point just to be given the 'what do you know, you support Rochdale' line, when these people could count the amount of times they have been to Old Trafford or Elland Road on there fingers, when this is my 18th year going to Spotland.
Football Pet Hates on 19:16 - Sep 2 with 679 viewsusername

Football Pet Hates on 18:58 - Sep 2 by SkiptonDale

Being from Skipton, the main fans around me support Leeds, Bradford and Man United (get them everywhere).

It does my head in when talking about football in the pub or wherever, and I make a valid point just to be given the 'what do you know, you support Rochdale' line, when these people could count the amount of times they have been to Old Trafford or Elland Road on there fingers, when this is my 18th year going to Spotland.

yeah what dickheads
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024