Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youth Team 10:26 - Sep 3 with 5208 viewsRAFC1907

I have just been watching the youth team train down at the cricket club and some of the work they do is fantastic.

I bet they would even give our first team a game.

Some potential first teamers in that squad thats forsure.

Chris Beech and his assistant should take great credit for what they are doing.

Everything is done at speed, fast accurate passing, sharp turns and explosive sprints away, plenty of encouragement, it was a joy to watch.

The futures bright for Rochdale AFC.

Poll: Bottomley...

Youth Team on 10:34 - Sep 3 with 3956 viewsThe_DJ

Hope you are right.
The lack of Youth team players becoming first team regulars has been alarming over the years.

Other than Joe Thompson and Scott Warner who was the last to make lets say 25 appearences in the first team ?
Youth Team on 10:43 - Sep 3 with 3913 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Youth Team on 10:34 - Sep 3 by The_DJ

Hope you are right.
The lack of Youth team players becoming first team regulars has been alarming over the years.

Other than Joe Thompson and Scott Warner who was the last to make lets say 25 appearences in the first team ?

Danny Whitehall when he breaks through another natural goalscorer on the team

Reece Gray came through the system with Sam Minihan

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Youth Team on 10:46 - Sep 3 with 3915 viewsThe_DJ

Youth Team on 10:43 - Sep 3 by DaleAwaydayBot

25 ?
Youth Team on 10:47 - Sep 3 with 3912 viewsjamRAFC

Youth Team on 10:43 - Sep 3 by DaleAwaydayBot

and luke watson
Youth Team on 10:48 - Sep 3 with 3896 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Youth Team on 10:46 - Sep 3 by The_DJ

25 ?

i were giving examples of players who came through recently

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Youth Team on 10:56 - Sep 3 with 3888 viewsdingdangblue

matt gilks? weve had players who have played youth/reserves then made the 1st team like townson,mccourt,buckley,dawson but they all arrived at the club at 17/18 - not many weve developed from kids.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Youth Team on 11:10 - Sep 3 with 3872 viewsJumeirahDale

Does Billy Buckley count? He joined as a scholar in 2006 and broke through in 2008.
Youth Team on 11:16 - Sep 3 with 3864 viewsThe_DJ

Youth Team on 10:56 - Sep 3 by dingdangblue

matt gilks? weve had players who have played youth/reserves then made the 1st team like townson,mccourt,buckley,dawson but they all arrived at the club at 17/18 - not many weve developed from kids.

Gilks is the probably the best player ever to come through and as you rightly say the others came in later
Cant remember any others in a long time who have become established players for Rochdale.
Login to get fewer ads

Youth Team on 11:46 - Sep 3 with 3825 viewsboromat

Stephen Bywater?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Youth Team on 12:37 - Sep 3 with 3759 views442Dale

Youth Team on 11:46 - Sep 3 by boromat

Stephen Bywater?

His transfer fee helped the club no end, but he played one game.

And was rubbish for the reserves.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Youth Team on 12:44 - Sep 3 with 3746 viewspl56

Youth Team on 10:34 - Sep 3 by The_DJ

Hope you are right.

Using 25 as the standard , I think Lee Duffy , Simon Grand ,Steven Hill , Rory Patterson and Paddy McCourt will all come close ?
Youth Team on 19:41 - Sep 3 with 3559 viewsChaffRAFC

Youth Team on 12:44 - Sep 3 by pl56

Using 25 as the standard , I think Lee Duffy , Simon Grand ,Steven Hill , Rory Patterson and Paddy McCourt will all come close ?

Gary Brown as well perhaps. Sadly the majority fall down the football ladder.

I've always said that the Youth Team shouldn't be judged much on wins and losses, but the amount of players it produces for the first team and on that basis, we don't have many to write home about.

From the current crop of YTS lads, Danny Whitehall has to be the one to look out for already surely? He's been banging in goals.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Youth Team on 20:07 - Sep 3 with 3507 viewsSuddenLad

Youth Team on 19:41 - Sep 3 by ChaffRAFC

I've always said that the Youth Team shouldn't be judged much on wins and losses, but the amount of players it produces for the first team and on that basis, we don't have many to write home about.

From the current crop of YTS lads, Danny Whitehall has to be the one to look out for already surely? He's been banging in goals.

Probably, but he's only here at all because somewhere else decided he wasn't good enough. He isn't entirely 'our' product, though he will doubtless improve and benefit from being here.

Those which we have produced from scratch are rare indeed.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Youth Team on 20:14 - Sep 3 with 3494 viewsChaffRAFC

Youth Team on 20:07 - Sep 3 by SuddenLad

Probably, but he's only here at all because somewhere else decided he wasn't good enough. He isn't entirely 'our' product, though he will doubtless improve and benefit from being here.

Those which we have produced from scratch are rare indeed.

Fair enough but in that case, probably about 80% of our YTS lads have come from other teams centre of excellence. Wasn't Joe Thompson with Manchester United before coming here and progressing.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Youth Team on 00:41 - Sep 4 with 3397 viewsEastlands_Dale

Heard a lad called james allen is a big name to watch in our yts?
Youth Team on 01:04 - Sep 4 with 3389 viewsAtThePeake

Youth Team on 19:41 - Sep 3 by ChaffRAFC

Scott Warner?

Tangled up in blue.

Youth Team on 06:01 - Sep 4 with 3375 viewsJumeirahDale

Youth Team on 20:14 - Sep 3 by ChaffRAFC

Fair enough but in that case, probably about 80% of our YTS lads have come from other teams centre of excellence. Wasn't Joe Thompson with Manchester United before coming here and progressing.

Spot on Chaff. If our YTS scheme is taking on lads at 16 from other clubs and they are pushing the first team at 18, it is still doing its job - whether they started with us or not.
Youth Team on 10:33 - Sep 4 with 3312 viewsmario

Youth Team on 20:14 - Sep 3 by ChaffRAFC

joey was indeed at manchester united. he was there in primary school, but at about u'14s he was at dale
Youth Team on 14:09 - Sep 4 with 3224 viewsEastlands_Dale

Youth Team on 00:41 - Sep 4 by Eastlands_Dale

Heard a lad called james allen is a big name to watch in our yts?

Sorry my bad.

Its Jamie Allen i was talking about, not James or whoever i said. Supposed to be the new big thing at the club. Heard he's similar to Paul Scholes!
Youth Team on 18:05 - Sep 4 with 3145 viewslove_the_dale

Does anyone know the result from Saturday morning, v Tranmere? I keep looking on the OS, but no joy.
Youth Team on 18:19 - Sep 4 with 3123 viewsphomem

With seven subs and a thin squad the likes of Minihan, Watson and co stand the chance of first team appearances
Youth Team on 18:46 - Sep 4 with 3099 viewsLeague1Dale

Youth Team on 18:05 - Sep 4 by love_the_dale

Does anyone know the result from Saturday morning, v Tranmere? I keep looking on the OS, but no joy.

Youth team beat Tranmere 2-1.
Youth Team on 19:05 - Sep 4 with 3087 viewslove_the_dale

Youth Team on 18:46 - Sep 4 by League1Dale

Youth team beat Tranmere 2-1.

Cheers. I keep meaning to go along and watch. I thought two games in one day might be too much, even watching the Dale.
Youth Team on 19:25 - Sep 5 with 2992 viewsmad4it

Youth Team on 19:05 - Sep 4 by love_the_dale

Cheers. I keep meaning to go along and watch. I thought two games in one day might be too much, even watching the Dale.

youth team won 2-1 was told the 2 lads that scored came from our centre of excelence so theres hope yet
Youth Team on 07:17 - Sep 7 with 2891 viewsseasidedale

Who were the scorers?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024