Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shortest ever post 19:37 - Oct 6 with 2699 viewsderbyhoop

SWP Y?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Shortest ever post on 19:42 - Oct 6 with 1729 viewswittle

he was poor,but wasnt the reason we lost the game,seems to be the scapegoat at minute . The manager picks him every week so for me thats where the problem is.
Shortest ever post on 19:44 - Oct 6 with 1713 viewsClive_Anderson

God knows. He did nothing defensively offering no cover on his side. We were totally bummed down that flank the whole time he was on. He never showed for the ball out wide when we were attacking.

I saw Tarbs and Granero with the ball turn to his side expecting to see him out wide, but he was nowhere to be seen so they had to check back on themselves again.

Then when he actually gets the ball one of the following happens every time:

1) He miscontrols it and loses it straight away
2) An opponent comes along and takes the ball off him easily
3) He prods it awkwardly back to a team mate leaving them in a worse position than he was when he got the ball
4) He boots the ball against an opponent getting a throw/corner instead of what was up to then a promising attacking move, completely breaking up play
5) He runs head down for a bit with the defender exactly along side him the whole time (as he has no skill to get away from them) and then goes down cheaply and the ref gives him a free kick
Shortest ever post on 19:48 - Oct 6 with 1702 viewsHollowayRanger

i have nothing against him he tries and NEVER hides

however we have to look at our options out wide

taarabt hoillet park mackie swp

i know which one id place as 5th choice

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Shortest ever post on 19:50 - Oct 6 with 1695 viewswittle

Shortest ever post on 19:48 - Oct 6 by HollowayRanger

and we are back to the manager again because he keeps picking him
Shortest ever post on 19:50 - Oct 6 with 1694 viewsklr

Shortest ever post on 19:48 - Oct 6 by HollowayRanger

The problem with Shaun Wright Phillips is that he cant play football.
Shortest ever post on 20:08 - Oct 6 with 1653 viewsandygg

Shortest ever post on 19:50 - Oct 6 by klr

The problem with Shaun Wright Phillips is that he cant play football.

The whole flaming world can see swp is rubbish, so why cant the manager?
Shortest ever post on 20:45 - Oct 6 with 1603 viewsQPR_ARG

Welcome all!

But you're arriving a season late in realising he's just not good enough and never will be because it is not his confidence or his legs that are missing...is his football IQ.

If there was a stat for players who shoot when a defender is less than a yard out and make the ball bounce off them, then he'd be top in the Premier League.

He also tops a few other categories. Including the "convince any manager at the club to play him despite offering NOTHING to the team".

We can't afford to keep fielding 10 starters every week.

Just like I've been saying for more than a season now...I hope he never plays again for QPR. It's simply bad news.
Shortest ever post on 22:52 - Oct 6 with 1501 viewsWestonsuperR

Of all of the complaints about MH surely playing SWP must come top of the list. Dreadful player, extremely short of confidence who has still never scored a Prem goal for us despite 80+ attempts over 2 seasons....and Hoilett is benched, astounding.
Login to get fewer ads

Shortest ever post on 23:02 - Oct 6 with 1479 viewspompeyhoop

He's has got to be dropped, I just can't understand what's MH is seeing that the rest of us ain't!!

Anton Ferdinand was not a very good footballer...

Shortest ever post on 23:24 - Oct 6 with 1468 viewsamhoop

the one thing I don't understand in relation to swp is that Hughes dropped him for the run in last season and therefore obviously thought he wasn't up to standard. So I just can't understand why he now thinks he is, especially when have a stronger team than last season... baffling.
Shortest ever post on 23:42 - Oct 6 with 1440 viewsJonDoeman

SWP Y?
________________________--
Picks him to make us more solid doesn't he? Got to laugh.

It Is What It Is !!

Shortest ever post on 03:21 - Oct 7 with 1387 viewsQPRJennyxxx

Shortest ever post on 23:42 - Oct 6 by JonDoeman

SWP Y?
________________________--
Picks him to make us more solid doesn't he? Got to laugh.

reading this thread is like reading a young kid's homework. trying hard but fu<king clueless. arg, anderson, is this the first year you've watched any football?

enjoy this sort of post as much as i enjoy the threads about team spirit, and player confidence that you know nothing about.

next thing you know, someone will be along saying cisse should defend corners because he can't hold the ball up.

clueless pr:cks.

mmmmmm Lee Cook xxxxxxxxx

Shortest ever post on 04:20 - Oct 7 with 1378 viewsQPR_ARG

Shortest ever post on 03:21 - Oct 7 by QPRJennyxxx

reading this thread is like reading a young kid's homework. trying hard but fu<king clueless. arg, anderson, is this the first year you've watched any football?

enjoy this sort of post as much as i enjoy the threads about team spirit, and player confidence that you know nothing about.

next thing you know, someone will be along saying cisse should defend corners because he can't hold the ball up.

So? Care to teach us something, then? Or you'll just insult our (clearly limited) intelligence?

Care to explain to me how/why you're in a clear minority here?

Nah...you know what? I don't want to read it. I just don't care.
Shortest ever post on 04:26 - Oct 7 with 1376 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Shortest ever post on 03:21 - Oct 7 by QPRJennyxxx

Are you a man with a lady name Jenny? Got yourself a ticket and now you are an expert, stick to the ironing Jenny
Shortest ever post on 04:48 - Oct 7 with 1372 viewsQPRJennyxxx

Shortest ever post on 04:26 - Oct 7 by WindsorHoopMan

Are you a man with a lady name Jenny? Got yourself a ticket and now you are an expert, stick to the ironing Jenny

good one. stick to sucking co<k.

mmmmmm Lee Cook xxxxxxxxx

Shortest ever post on 09:04 - Oct 7 with 1336 viewsJonDoeman

Pisses me off to tell the truth, spending time and money going up there to see SWP in the team and a player who can play, in Hoilett on the bench. Whatever the "Y" is, it's not working. Good thread.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

It Is What It Is !!

Shortest ever post on 19:02 - Oct 7 with 1237 viewsderbyhoop

To some extent I can understand why he wants a more defensive set up away from home. Neither Taarabt nor Hoillett are renowned for their defensive prowess. But, if neither of those 2, why not Mackie. You get effort, just like SWP. He's a limited footballer (just like SWP). He'll chase back to help out the defence (just like SWP). He offers a threat going forward (unlike SWP). He never gives the defenders in front of him an easy option (unlike SWP).

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Shortest ever post on 19:18 - Oct 7 with 1211 viewsShackletonR

Shortest ever post on 19:44 - Oct 6 by Clive_Anderson

God knows. He did nothing defensively offering no cover on his side. We were totally bummed down that flank the whole time he was on. He never showed for the ball out wide when we were attacking.

I saw Tarbs and Granero with the ball turn to his side expecting to see him out wide, but he was nowhere to be seen so they had to check back on themselves again.

Then when he actually gets the ball one of the following happens every time:

1) He miscontrols it and loses it straight away
2) An opponent comes along and takes the ball off him easily
3) He prods it awkwardly back to a team mate leaving them in a worse position than he was when he got the ball
4) He boots the ball against an opponent getting a throw/corner instead of what was up to then a promising attacking move, completely breaking up play
5) He runs head down for a bit with the defender exactly along side him the whole time (as he has no skill to get away from them) and then goes down cheaply and the ref gives him a free kick

Summed up perfectly, Hughes has got rose tinted spec's on when it comes to him.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Shortest ever post on 19:19 - Oct 7 with 1210 viewsTW_R

No
Shortest ever post on 21:20 - Oct 7 with 1168 viewsajcoombes

Another short post park why playing and captian?
Shortest ever post on 22:20 - Oct 7 with 1125 viewstom007

Shortest ever post on 04:48 - Oct 7 by QPRJennyxxx

good one. stick to sucking co<k.

are you 2 married or what.lol
Shortest ever post on 22:22 - Oct 7 with 1120 viewsgueRRilla

For all his failings, I'm still not convinced that benching SWP will start winning us matches. There's no excuse for not playing Hoilett, that much is clear. But the problems are deeper than the poor performance of one player. One of my main concerns is that we're going to quickly lose (mentally) Granero, Holiett, Cesar etc (if we haven't already). In no way am I advocating giving Hughes the boot, but he needs to buck his ideas up bloody quickly because this league will not forgive mistakes. We can count ourselves lucky that Southampton, Villa, Wigan and Liverpool are all within relative touching distance.
Shortest ever post on 22:47 - Oct 7 with 1096 viewsjamois

Cisse should defend corners instead of being the only man up. Jenny you're a sad little case aren't you? Bless.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Shortest ever post on 00:50 - Oct 8 with 1076 viewsTheBlob

Shortest ever post on 22:47 - Oct 7 by jamois

Cisse should defend corners instead of being the only man up. Jenny you're a sad little case aren't you? Bless.

I blame the wig.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Shortest ever post on 09:29 - Oct 8 with 1024 viewsTearsOfaClown

Shortest ever post on 22:22 - Oct 7 by gueRRilla

For all his failings, I'm still not convinced that benching SWP will start winning us matches. There's no excuse for not playing Hoilett, that much is clear. But the problems are deeper than the poor performance of one player. One of my main concerns is that we're going to quickly lose (mentally) Granero, Holiett, Cesar etc (if we haven't already). In no way am I advocating giving Hughes the boot, but he needs to buck his ideas up bloody quickly because this league will not forgive mistakes. We can count ourselves lucky that Southampton, Villa, Wigan and Liverpool are all within relative touching distance.

"But the problems are deeper than the poor performance of one player."

which means we start with 10 men when SWP plays . . . and as he has not scored yet make that 9. then his passing, make that 8, crosses is 7, . . . .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024