Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beard on ssn 15:59 - Nov 20 with 4263 viewsWeaverQPR

Working hard to turn season around, more meetings this evening with shareholders.

@WeavQPR

Beard on ssn on 17:42 - Nov 20 with 1173 viewsSpiritofGregory

Beard on ssn on 17:04 - Nov 20 by PinnerPaul

THE "BOARD" IS TF, AB PLUS 1 - HOW MANY TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the plus 1 doesn't have a title, AB is Vice chair of the holdings company only.

The FC has one board member has far as I can see, and that's the chairman Mr TF.

Beard and Rigg answer to TF, not the other way round!

I don't want TH to stay either but it is going to be TF's decision - accept that!

Can't be TF's decision. How can a man who owns approx 20% in a football club call the shots? He is not the main individual shareholder. He is not Abramovich who makes the decisions because he is the major shareholder.

The others stakeholders all have their individual voting rights on the board. Fernandes has his stake, in the club which he has linked to two other board member's stakes, in order to gain power and out vote others at board level - that's why he is chairman because the majority (he and his friends) voted that he act as chairman but that can change. Alligencies can change when it comes to dealing with vast amounts of money.

Why would you buy a major stake in the club and not have voting rights? Amit will vote on behalf of Lakshmi Mittal as his representitive, it's Mittal that owns the shares.

That's why they are having a board meeting so all the major shareholders discuss the situation and make a decision based on a voting system. Remember how hard it was to over rule Chris Wright? It was difficult because he purchased 51% which gave him majority rule.
Beard on ssn on 17:46 - Nov 20 with 1141 viewsPinnerPaul

Beard on ssn on 17:42 - Nov 20 by SpiritofGregory

Can't be TF's decision. How can a man who owns approx 20% in a football club call the shots? He is not the main individual shareholder. He is not Abramovich who makes the decisions because he is the major shareholder.

The others stakeholders all have their individual voting rights on the board. Fernandes has his stake, in the club which he has linked to two other board member's stakes, in order to gain power and out vote others at board level - that's why he is chairman because the majority (he and his friends) voted that he act as chairman but that can change. Alligencies can change when it comes to dealing with vast amounts of money.

Why would you buy a major stake in the club and not have voting rights? Amit will vote on behalf of Lakshmi Mittal as his representitive, it's Mittal that owns the shares.

That's why they are having a board meeting so all the major shareholders discuss the situation and make a decision based on a voting system. Remember how hard it was to over rule Chris Wright? It was difficult because he purchased 51% which gave him majority rule.

At the risk of being critcised for banging on about the same thing (NEVER seen that on here before!) - none of that changes the fact that the board is made up of 3 members - end of.

Or in modern parlance - ATAF!
Beard on ssn on 17:55 - Nov 20 with 1115 viewsPinnerPaul

Beard on ssn on 17:28 - Nov 20 by jeffro

incorrect.

Tony Fernandes himself has tweeted before asking us to follow fellow borad member Kugalingham or whatever his name is, he own dragons basketball team too.

Definately more unseen directors here that will make a decision

That's the 3rd board member who is listed in the club directory!

MBs are interesting in that people think if they post something enough times it will become a fact, even in the face of erm........the facts!
Beard on ssn on 17:57 - Nov 20 with 1108 viewsJamie

Beard on ssn on 17:42 - Nov 20 by SpiritofGregory

Lol.

Fernandes doesn't own a single share of qpr outright.

The Tune Group owns the majority shareholding of qpr which is then divested amongst a consortia of Malaysian businessmen whom TF represents as Chairman. The board of Tune will come to TF for information on their investment and act on his reports and TF will then implement a Tune board decision. If a majority of the Tune board want Hughes gone, he's gone and vice versa. Realistically though, they will follow TFs advice.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Beard on ssn on 17:57 - Nov 20 with 1104 viewsTGRRRSSS

Mention was made in the Times of a guy who's a significan shareholder (Malaysian I think) who is currently in the country, even though Fernandes is not.
Beard on ssn on 18:07 - Nov 20 with 1079 viewsSpiritofGregory

Beard on ssn on 17:57 - Nov 20 by Jamie

Lol.

The Tune Group owns the majority shareholding of qpr which is then divested amongst a consortia of Malaysian businessmen whom TF represents as Chairman. The board of Tune will come to TF for information on their investment and act on his reports and TF will then implement a Tune board decision. If a majority of the Tune board want Hughes gone, he's gone and vice versa. Realistically though, they will follow TFs advice.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Remember how he said that if he failed in his duties as chairman, he'd step down?

He doesn't call the shots like a lot of people on this board seem to think he does. He is a figurehead of a consortium.
Beard on ssn on 18:09 - Nov 20 with 1075 viewsTGRRRSSS

Doesn't he own Tune Group?
Beard on ssn on 18:12 - Nov 20 with 1063 viewsSpiritofGregory

Beard on ssn on 18:09 - Nov 20 by TGRRRSSS

Tune group is owned by a number of shareholders.
Login to get fewer ads

Beard on ssn on 18:13 - Nov 20 with 1062 viewsTGRRRSSS

Beard on ssn on 18:12 - Nov 20 by SpiritofGregory

Tune group is owned by a number of shareholders.

Ah ok, even so he could own the most, I thought he was the founder anyway.
Beard on ssn on 18:13 - Nov 20 with 1059 viewsJamie

Beard on ssn on 18:09 - Nov 20 by TGRRRSSS

The Tune Group is owned by a consortia of Malaysian businessmen including TF.

TF & Kamarudin Meranun founded Tune & Air Asia and both are estimated to be worth somewhere in the $500m range. Then there is Gnanalingnam and his son both of smaller wealth.
Beard on ssn on 18:25 - Nov 20 with 1030 viewsTGRRRSSS

Nice for them.
Beard on ssn on 18:43 - Nov 20 with 1000 viewsQuillPenRiot

Beard on ssn on 18:07 - Nov 20 by SpiritofGregory

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Remember how he said that if he failed in his duties as chairman, he'd step down?

He doesn't call the shots like a lot of people on this board seem to think he does. He is a figurehead of a consortium.

I am beginning to want TF to step down.

For that matter, it's nice and honourable and all that for him to say so but it's a worthless gesture to us - the light at the end of the tunnel appears to be a train no matter what Hughes says

And didn't he say fans come first, why is Hughes still around?
Beard on ssn on 18:51 - Nov 20 with 973 viewsTGRRRSSS

I remember Fernandes saying that but he's not failed yet he has hesitated over Hughes but isn't in itself a failure on his part totally, he is no doubt learning more and more about world of football (at the level hes now at) so hopefully he'll develope further over time and he's stepping down from Grand Prix so that might be a long term benefit as one problem he has I think is leaving others to run things too much, like Wright said he did in regards to QPR.
Beard on ssn on 18:57 - Nov 20 with 957 viewsQuillPenRiot

It's interesting to see/hear that these other consortium members exist and are making themselves known (such shadowy figures)

Can't be good for TF if the money holders want to take a greater hands-on looksy
Beard on ssn on 20:16 - Nov 20 with 880 viewsTGRRRSSS

Agreed suddenly we're hearing names for the first time, although Fernandes isn't helping himself, he should have come back to London after the GP in my view i appreciate he has other businesses but really this is a full blown crisis and frankly he should be here unless Beared has got authorisation to sack Hughes.
Beard on ssn on 21:06 - Nov 20 with 843 viewsGloucs_R

Just watched his interview, Hughes is out. No doubt in my mind, Beards body language, eye contact and answers were from someone who is media trained but he gave too much away for me.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Beard on ssn on 21:11 - Nov 20 with 829 viewsWeaverQPR

Beard on ssn on 21:06 - Nov 20 by Gloucs_R

Just watched his interview, Hughes is out. No doubt in my mind, Beards body language, eye contact and answers were from someone who is media trained but he gave too much away for me.

Question is when though. PB made a few references to giving the fans what they want or words to that effect.

@WeavQPR

Beard on ssn on 21:27 - Nov 20 with 769 viewsBklynRanger

Beard on ssn on 21:06 - Nov 20 by Gloucs_R

I dunno. I'd like to see it all but the 39 seconds I saw just now didn't tell me much either way.
Beard on ssn on 21:36 - Nov 20 with 744 viewskropotkin41

Is there a link to this interview with Beard? Please.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Beard on ssn on 21:52 - Nov 20 with 694 viewsBklynRanger

Beard on ssn on 21:36 - Nov 20 by kropotkin41

Is there a link to this interview with Beard? Please.

This is all I could get:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8262610/Chief-executive-Philip-Bea
Beard on ssn on 22:04 - Nov 20 with 651 viewskropotkin41

Beard on ssn on 21:52 - Nov 20 by BklynRanger

This is all I could get:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8262610/Chief-executive-Philip-Bea

Thanks Bklyn........... not very much there is there?.......... could be time to call at 221b Baker Street if that interview is all we have to go on.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Beard on ssn on 22:25 - Nov 20 with 616 viewsbaz_qpr

If it was me I would give it a day or 2 and see whether Di Matteo is going to be available - We are down already and it is probably a fairly decent long term appointment and someone who has gained promotion before
Beard on ssn on 22:49 - Nov 20 with 541 viewsQuillPenRiot

Beard on ssn on 22:25 - Nov 20 by baz_qpr

If it was me I would give it a day or 2 and see whether Di Matteo is going to be available - We are down already and it is probably a fairly decent long term appointment and someone who has gained promotion before

Must say I would rather set myself on fire than us hiring any more scum refuse, manager or right back etc
Beard on ssn on 00:28 - Nov 21 with 479 viewskarlski

Beard on ssn on 17:57 - Nov 20 by Jamie

Lol.

This is not strictly true.

QPR FC is wholly owned by QPR Holdings Limited.
QPR Holdings Limited is owned 66% by Tune QPR SDN BHD (the 'sdn bhd' bit is just the Malaysian equivalent to 'Ltd' in the UK) and 33% by Sea Dream Ltd (the Mittals).
Tune QPR SDN BHD is owned 75% between Tony Fernandes and Datuk Kamarudin Meranun, with the other 25% owned by Ruben Gnanalingam.

There is no further 'consortia of Malaysian businessmen'. Fernandes, Kamarudin and Gnanlingam are the Malaysians involved, and on the other side there are the Mittals.

The above represents the shareholdings, ie OWNERSHIP, of each entity.

QPR Holdings is RUN by a board of directors. The current directors are Tony Fernandes, Kamarudin, Amit Bhatia and Sudhir Madeshwari (who is associated with the Mittals). For the record, TF and Kamarudin are also Directors of QPR FC, but that has little practical relevance.

The practical conclusion is that TF does indeed call the shots, in conjunction with Kamarudin (and they both will also be influenced by Gnanlingam) and Bhatia/Maheshwari, who represent the Mittal interest.

There are no more shadowy figures and yes it does basically mean Fernandes owns some of QPR outright. Philip Beard is not on the board of directors anywhere - he is a Chief Executive Officer, ie an employee.

This information is all available in the public domain and if anyone is interested please feel free to PM me but I'm not going to list all the sources here.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024