Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A song for Mackie 10:41 - Nov 26 with 6466 viewshighlandbill

At the outset I should confess that I am a Jock so maybe a wee bit biased? However I have been going to Loftus Road since 1965 so I guess no-one can argue with my R,s credentials. Jamie always gets the same crit, "Hard running and well meaning but limited in skills". I think this is patronising and ignores the mans real contribution to our team. Every time he comes on,almost uniquely among the current squad ,you just know he means business. He has scored some vital goals and his committment to the club is unrivalled. What we lack is a decent song which celebrates his efforts. It came to me this morning in bed that, given his origins the ideal tune for a chant would be "Flower of Scotland". The words would be something like "Oh Jamie Mackie when will we see your likes again..you fought and tried for ten out of ten".OK a bit corny & I know it might be difficult for English fans to swallow the tune but lets face it he deserves it! He gives his heart for us so lets reward him with something which will swell that chest!

At my age I should not be doing this!

A song for Mackie on 10:48 - Nov 26 with 5479 viewsShotKneesHoop

No thanks, its a dirge. Terrible tune, like someone chundering after a bad curry.

And he comes from Surrey so a "Mackie Wonderland" is fine for him.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

A song for Mackie on 10:55 - Nov 26 with 5458 viewsGloucs_R

The day I sing along to the Jock National Anthem is the day you can take me out into the fields and shoot me.

Poll: Are we staying up?

A song for Mackie on 10:59 - Nov 26 with 5445 viewsWokingR

A song for Mackie on 10:55 - Nov 26 by Gloucs_R

The day I sing along to the Jock National Anthem is the day you can take me out into the fields and shoot me.

Unless you are about to increase the dose of your anti depressants it is something we have been giving serious thought to anyway.
A song for Mackie on 11:06 - Nov 26 with 5429 viewsGloucs_R

A song for Mackie on 10:59 - Nov 26 by WokingR

Unless you are about to increase the dose of your anti depressants it is something we have been giving serious thought to anyway.

A song for Mackie on 11:54 - Nov 26 with 5362 viewshoopdog

Nope, surely this would bring back memories of an old favourit

He's here he's there he's every farking where Jamie Mackie
A song for Mackie on 11:55 - Nov 26 with 5358 viewshighlandbill

A song for Mackie on 10:55 - Nov 26 by Gloucs_R

Och well! I suppose it should be no surprise to learn we have a wee bit 'o the Chelsea disease at Loftus Road.Sing on brother in your narrow world.

A song for Mackie on 11:57 - Nov 26 with 5349 viewshighlandbill

A song for Mackie on 10:48 - Nov 26 by ShotKneesHoop

No thanks, its a dirge. Terrible tune, like someone chundering after a bad curry.

Aye. Maybe God save the Queen might be cheerier?

A song for Mackie on 11:58 - Nov 26 with 5342 viewsGloucs_R

A song for Mackie on 11:55 - Nov 26 by highlandbill

Och well! I suppose it should be no surprise to learn we have a wee bit 'o the Chelsea disease at Loftus Road.Sing on brother in your narrow world.

And whats wrong with a Mackie wonderland?

Login to get fewer ads

A song for Mackie on 12:05 - Nov 26 with 5321 viewssimmo

A song for Mackie on 11:58 - Nov 26 by Gloucs_R

This.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

A song for Mackie on 12:12 - Nov 26 with 5310 viewsWokingR

A song for Mackie on 11:55 - Nov 26 by highlandbill

A song for Mackie on 21:12 - Nov 26 with 5196 viewshighlandbill

A song for Mackie on 11:58 - Nov 26 by Gloucs_R

Absolutely nothing .Just thought it might be a good idea to have a change.Its just depressing to think that when I am in my seat,not too far away is someone who might feel more at home at Chelsea,or West ham or even Leeds.

A song for Mackie on 21:14 - Nov 26 with 5190 viewsTGRRRSSS

Blistering Barnacles
A song for Mackie on 21:51 - Nov 26 with 5150 viewsIrishR

I actually like the Idea of it Bill, cant see it happening thought unfortunately. too many chants these days are generic and copied, it would be unique but as I say i cant see English Rs agreeing with us :P It is a great anthem and can certainly make the hairs stand on the back of your neck. Does Mackie sing the national anthem?
A song for Mackie on 00:33 - Nov 27 with 5105 viewsTearsOfaClown

A song for Mackie on 10:48 - Nov 26 by ShotKneesHoop

what about Mackie May?

Mackie the Knife

A song for Mackie on 00:40 - Nov 27 with 5096 viewsRangersw12

A song for Mackie on 21:12 - Nov 26 by highlandbill

Absolutely nothing .Just thought it might be a good idea to have a change.Its just depressing to think that when I am in my seat,not too far away is someone who might feel more at home at Chelsea,or West ham or even Leeds.

So because an Englishman doesn't want to sing the flower of Scotland we would be better of at Leeds , Chelsea or West ham you must be on the wind up
A song for Mackie on 09:38 - Nov 27 with 5041 viewshighlandbill

A song for Mackie on 21:51 - Nov 26 by IrishR

I actually like the Idea of it Bill, cant see it happening thought unfortunately. too many chants these days are generic and copied, it would be unique but as I say i cant see English Rs agreeing with us :P It is a great anthem and can certainly make the hairs stand on the back of your neck. Does Mackie sing the national anthem?

No idea mate. I am not sure if it is the official National Anthem, I would imagine that is still the "Queen"? So really its just a song.

A song for Mackie on 09:42 - Nov 27 with 5037 viewshighlandbill

A song for Mackie on 00:33 - Nov 27 by TearsOfaClown

what about Mackie May?

Mackie the Knife

Brilliant suggestions! My original point was just to introduce a more original chant as so many are generic & boring nowadays. Particularly like Mac the Knife, ideal for a striker?

A song for Mackie on 09:48 - Nov 27 with 5028 viewshighlandbill

A song for Mackie on 00:40 - Nov 27 by Rangersw12

So because an Englishman doesn't want to sing the flower of Scotland we would be better of at Leeds , Chelsea or West ham you must be on the wind up

I should make myself clearer. I have no problem with an English person who does not want to sing this song. Its the nature of this individuals response which offended. It smacks of racism & we have had enough of that this year at Rangers.
By the way the Scottish national Anthem is "God save the Queen".Its just that most of us are not keen on her or her family.

A song for Mackie on 09:51 - Nov 27 with 5023 viewsIrishR

Did they not sing flower of Scotland against Wales recently?
A song for Mackie on 09:55 - Nov 27 with 5019 viewsRangersw12

A song for Mackie on 09:48 - Nov 27 by highlandbill

I should make myself clearer. I have no problem with an English person who does not want to sing this song. Its the nature of this individuals response which offended. It smacks of racism & we have had enough of that this year at Rangers.
By the way the Scottish national Anthem is "God save the Queen".Its just that most of us are not keen on her or her family.

"God save the queen" is the anthem of the United Kingdom

I thought Scotland's national anthem was "Flower of Scotland"

Would say anything that has been said is racism maybe a bit of xenophobia if anything
A song for Mackie on 15:38 - Nov 27 with 4976 viewshighlandbill

A song for Mackie on 09:55 - Nov 27 by Rangersw12

Would say anything that has been said is racism maybe a bit of xenophobia if anything

Ive just checked on Wikipedia. It confirms that "The Queen" is the official national Anthem of UK. Scotland does not have an official national Anthem other than the UK one. The Scottish Parliament declined to make a decision about having their own anthem. I guess "Flower" is therefore the unofficial anthem but the reality is that even most Scottish people consider it to be the one that counts and even at official events it is more often sung than "The Queen". I think this is because the Royal family are not that popular north of the border and the official anthem is so boring and drudge like. (It also has a verse which refers to Scottish people in a derogatory manner. This is because it was written in georgian times and not long after the last Jacobite Rebellion (Bonnie Prince Charlie/Culloden etc).

A song for Mackie on 15:44 - Nov 27 with 4969 viewshighlandbill

A song for Mackie on 09:55 - Nov 27 by Rangersw12

OK racism was a bit strong, but honestly we need to cut out these Nationalistic antagonisms. I have to admit its just as bad & maybe worse in Scotland.
As already posted Flower of Scotland remains an unofficial "anthem" and as such remains unpopular among the establishment in Scotland.(Scared of not getting their knighthoods maybe?)

A song for Mackie on 15:49 - Nov 27 with 4962 viewsJonDoeman

This thread needs a song!

"Oh Jamie Mackie when will we see your likes again..you fought and tried for ten out of ten"

It was a good WUM btw , you had them biting , playing the race card earlier than Chelshit as well!

It Is What It Is !!

A song for Mackie on 15:53 - Nov 27 with 4957 viewsGloucs_R

I love the fact a Jock is on here criticising songs we sing in England.....lets look at those lovely songs up north...like the wonderful Celtic IRA song.

Anyway, I suspect this guy is a troll.....how can you not know your own National Anthem?

A song for Mackie on 15:56 - Nov 27 with 4953 viewsLOFT67

A song for Mackie on 15:49 - Nov 27 by JonDoeman

This thread needs a song!

"Oh Jamie Mackie when will we see your likes again..you fought and tried for ten out of ten"

It was a good WUM btw , you had them biting , playing the race card earlier than Chelshit as well!

[2nd line]you stood alone against alex's army, he went in at halftime tae think again.

Loft67

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024