Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crowd for West Brom? 14:06 - Jan 4 with 9497 viewsheadhoops

just been on the offish interactive box office - as can now go tomorrow.
There appears to be thousands of seats to choose from - my guess would be a crowd of circa 12,000 - no wonder the Club is reluctant to take the larger away allocations?

Mind you at £35 the club priced this one wrong IMO.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Crowd for West Brom? (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 4 with 2033 viewsdanehoop

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Never knowingly understood

Crowd for West Brom? on 03:15 - Jan 5 with 1961 viewsthemodfather

£ 25 seems madness..west ham are not charging that for man utd!
we used to get a cup game free too!
it's a pretty poor draw for both sides, as ltd rivalry....not a local game
both have other things to worry about in the lge.
Crowd for West Brom? on 13:40 - Jan 5 with 1912 viewsNov77

Even Amit thinks the prices are too high today, latest tweet:

Having a lazy day in front of the telly. Watched 1st half of BHA v Newc but didn't really feel it.Anyone watching anything fun? Suggestions?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Crowd for West Brom? on 14:30 - Jan 5 with 1872 viewsloftboy

According to the steward outside the box office we've sold 8000 as of this morning

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Crowd for West Brom? on 14:35 - Jan 5 with 1861 viewskropotkin41

Bl**dy disgraceful pricing really.

Should be £10 and the pricing strategy for league games should be to fill LR every single game.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Crowd for West Brom? on 16:00 - Jan 5 with 1777 viewsderbyhoop

From a purely commercial point of view what raises the most money?

10,000 at £25 (say £18 average) = 180,000
15,000 at £10 (say £8 average) = 120,000

I'm not disagreeing with those who refuse to pay £25 + £3.50 to watch a QPR XI v WBA XI, but commercially the former pricing makes more sense.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Crowd for West Brom? on 16:10 - Jan 5 with 1734 viewsHollowayRanger

Id have gone for a tennor maybe £15 but no way £25

its christmas the sales are on and ive spent that £25 on something im going to enjoy

Havent enjoyed watching QPR that often for a long time

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Crowd for West Brom? on 17:00 - Jan 5 with 1663 viewscheeseydane

Crowd for West Brom? on 16:00 - Jan 5 by derbyhoop

From a purely commercial point of view what raises the most money?

10,000 at £25 (say £18 average) = 180,000
15,000 at £10 (say £8 average) = 120,000

I'm not disagreeing with those who refuse to pay £25 + £3.50 to watch a QPR XI v WBA XI, but commercially the former pricing makes more sense.

Those sums dont add up when you include merchandise, drinks etc.

Plus we had less than 9k, and could of had 18k if promoted correctly.

Putting that aside, what price goodwill and appreciation to the fans who have been constantly filling the stadium despite lack of motivation, peese poor performances, and a hefty wedge in entrance fee to boot.

Plus a low price would have given those fans, previously excluded because of economy , a chance to enjoy a game live.

Stinks tbh. I've been 100 percent behind the board since Fabiogate, but not impressed with this.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Login to get fewer ads

Crowd for West Brom? on 17:33 - Jan 5 with 1629 viewsderbyhoop

Crowd for West Brom? on 17:00 - Jan 5 by cheeseydane

Putting that aside, what price goodwill and appreciation to the fans who have been constantly filling the stadium despite lack of motivation, peese poor performances, and a hefty wedge in entrance fee to boot.

Plus a low price would have given those fans, previously excluded because of economy , a chance to enjoy a game live.

Stinks tbh. I've been 100 percent behind the board since Fabiogate, but not impressed with this.

You'll make some money out of catering and merchandising but an extra 5,000 on the gate won't make that much difference. The chances of getting 18,000 for an FA Cup 3rd round is negligible.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Crowd for West Brom? on 01:03 - Jan 6 with 1522 viewsNeil_SI

It was a poor atmosphere throughout and had the feel of a training ground exercise or pre-season friendly. It's always a bit eerie when you can hear the players clearly when they're shouting and talking to one another.

But here's the bit I don't get, there are people out there who want to go and watch football. They would happily come if the price is right, but even in this match, there were so many people around me that I didn't recognise, who came for a one off match.

So these "new" customers are there and happy to come along and the existing ones would as well if the price is right. And, on top of that, if this is the type of match where the casual fan is attending — you really don't want it to be a match where neither team is bothered or the atmosphere is dead and flat. It's counter productive and an opportunity missed for the club.

The strategy everywhere for these games is just all wrong.
Crowd for West Brom? on 01:27 - Jan 6 with 1505 viewsjo_qpr63

Crowd for West Brom? on 01:03 - Jan 6 by Neil_SI

It was a poor atmosphere throughout and had the feel of a training ground exercise or pre-season friendly. It's always a bit eerie when you can hear the players clearly when they're shouting and talking to one another.

But here's the bit I don't get, there are people out there who want to go and watch football. They would happily come if the price is right, but even in this match, there were so many people around me that I didn't recognise, who came for a one off match.

So these "new" customers are there and happy to come along and the existing ones would as well if the price is right. And, on top of that, if this is the type of match where the casual fan is attending — you really don't want it to be a match where neither team is bothered or the atmosphere is dead and flat. It's counter productive and an opportunity missed for the club.

Great observation . I watched the highlights and it seems all the clubs attendante's were low. Funny how the media love the lower league clubs packing out their stadiums to beat the bigger clubs yet the bigger clubs supporters seem to think there is more important things then winning a cup. Football is going down the drain, rapidly.
Crowd for West Brom? on 08:45 - Jan 6 with 1462 viewsDeano19766

'Because time & time again we are being treated like mug punters by the club we support.'

But isn't that what top flight football is all about now? If you think the punters matter then you are living in a dream world. All the clubs care about is the tv audiences on the other side of the world. That's what pays the bills. People who actually go to games are an irrelevance. Total waste of time going to watch top flight football. Hence after 20 odd years I stopped going to LR and now follow England in the cricket all around the world instead.......
Crowd for West Brom? (n/t) on 08:46 - Jan 6 with 1461 viewsDeano19766

Crowd for West Brom? on 08:46 - Jan 6 with 1458 viewsDeano19766

'Great observation . I watched the highlights and it seems all the clubs attendante's were low. Funny how the media love the lower league clubs packing out their stadiums to beat the bigger clubs yet the bigger clubs supporters seem to think there is more important things then winning a cup. Football is going down the drain, rapidly.'

It went down the drain years ago pal
Crowd for West Brom? (n/t) on 08:56 - Jan 6 with 1449 viewswestolian

Crowd for West Brom? (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 4 by danehoop

I really wanna know what Danehoops response was

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Crowd for West Brom? (n/t) on 09:03 - Jan 6 with 1238 viewssmegma

Crowd for West Brom? (n/t) on 08:56 - Jan 6 by westolian

I really wanna know what Danehoops response was

It was written in chinese I think !!

Someone earlier mentioned not having a family stand yesterday and that was my first comment when I saw how few people were sat there yesterday. They should've filled the lower/upper loft with anyone just to create an atmosphere.
The prices should've been £15 adults £5 seniors and a kid a quid including for the away end. Sub 9k is embarrassing.
Crowd for West Brom? on 09:05 - Jan 6 with 1233 viewsBasingstokeR

I think attendance would've always been low irrespective of price.

In the context of our season it's a team we recently played at home in the league in a season battling relegation where the cup the last few years has injured one of our best players, and the general mood of the fan base is poor both before and even after Chelsea IMHO.
Crowd for West Brom? on 10:36 - Jan 6 with 1180 viewsted_hendrix

Crowd for West Brom? on 17:00 - Jan 5 by cheeseydane

"Plus a low price would have given those fans, previously excluded because of economy , a chance to enjoy a game live."

But this Is the thing, apart from one bloke and his kid virtually everyone around me yesterday (lower loft) was a stranger, most were adults with kids and a lot of them had new scarves and bags from the club shop, will they come back?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Crowd for West Brom? on 10:46 - Jan 6 with 1162 viewspomanjou

Crowd for West Brom? on 10:36 - Jan 6 by ted_hendrix

"Plus a low price would have given those fans, previously excluded because of economy , a chance to enjoy a game live."

But this Is the thing, apart from one bloke and his kid virtually everyone around me yesterday (lower loft) was a stranger, most were adults with kids and a lot of them had new scarves and bags from the club shop, will they come back?

Ditto. I had a Norwegian on my right and four Dutch on my left and the row in front I only recognised a couple.

edit: SAR C block.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Crowd for West Brom? on 13:16 - Jan 6 with 1095 viewstoboboly

Crowd for West Brom? on 10:46 - Jan 6 by pomanjou

Ditto. I had a Norwegian on my right and four Dutch on my left and the row in front I only recognised a couple.

edit: SAR C block.

Could just be that regulars chose to sit in different places. I always sit in the Loft when I go for league games but for cup games I like to sit in different places (SA/Paddocks).

Could just be that.

Were there many Koreans? They seem to have disappeared recently.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Crowd for West Brom? on 13:25 - Jan 6 with 1086 viewshoof_hearted

The FA have made it so that the money in the premier league makes the FA cup second rate. They have to give a champions league place to the winner to make it worth competing for. And if the winner or even both finalists are already qualified through league positions then the losing semi finalists can play off for it.

That would bring the life back into it and stop the weak team rubbish that its become. Won't happen because they run scared of millwall or Cardiff (over recent years) ruining the big club love in.
Crowd for West Brom? on 13:49 - Jan 6 with 1068 viewsTacticalR

Crowd for West Brom? on 10:36 - Jan 6 by ted_hendrix

I am guessing price (and perhaps availability of tickets) is still a factor. Even though the tickets were overpriced they were still cheaper than for a standard Premiership match, but with a chance to see two Premiership teams, and for a lot of people price is a big factor.

When we played MK Dons at home last season there was a big group of young Americans near me (aged about 16-17) in Ellerslie. They were probably students at an American college in London. They weren't watching the match too closely, so I guess for them it was a special occasion as much as anything.

Air hostess clique

Crowd for West Brom? on 13:49 - Jan 6 with 1067 viewsloftboy

Crowd for West Brom? on 13:16 - Jan 6 by toboboly

Could just be that regulars chose to sit in different places. I always sit in the Loft when I go for league games but for cup games I like to sit in different places (SA/Paddocks).

Could just be that.

Were there many Koreans? They seem to have disappeared recently.

My son got mobbed by Koreans outside the box office wanting to take his picture, happens every week, going to start charging soon

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Crowd for West Brom? on 13:51 - Jan 6 with 1064 viewsJamie

Crowd for West Brom? on 01:03 - Jan 6 by Neil_SI

On a similar note, for my sins I sat down and watched Walsall v Pompey on Friday night and the place was a complete morgue. All you could hear was the players and coaches barking orders at each other whilst most in the stands appeared to be playing on their iPhones and its a sign of everything wrong with football that you have fans of clubs in L1 and even higher who appear to have completely given up and treat football as just somewhere to be instead of shopping with the wife or watching 'I'm a celebrity, where's my dignity'.
Crowd for West Brom? on 13:53 - Jan 6 with 1062 viewssmegma

Crowd for West Brom? on 13:49 - Jan 6 by loftboy

My son got mobbed by Koreans outside the box office wanting to take his picture, happens every week, going to start charging soon

Happens to Ted all the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024