Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pies 01:57 - Jan 5 with 1770 viewsboroblue

I know this has been touched on elsewhere.
I know it has taken a few days for me to rant.
And I know this will seem trivial to many.
However, the fact that the arseholes ran out of pies before half time on Tuesday was a total shambles. It really is an issue when the 2 main reasons given are:
1) We didn't expect so many Rotherham fans and they pay 50p more per pie so we had to send some over there.
2) We couldn't help it that the bar was so busy! WTF?
The catering service itself has never been good despite the quality pies but this was just beyond a joke!
Don't even get me started on the £1 for a mars bar or £1.50 for a mouthful of syrupy coke!
Pies on 02:45 - Jan 5 with 1759 viewsShun

I think I must be the only football fan who doesn't like pies.
Pies on 04:12 - Jan 5 with 1745 viewspioneer

Is that correct - we charge away fans more for the same product than all other fans?

How to win friends.

Pies on 08:16 - Jan 5 with 1718 views442Dale

Who said they weren't expecting so many Rotherham fans? Did they know they'd sold 500 tickets before the day of the game?

What's the justification of moving pies from one part of the ground to another knowing that Dale fans will want them at half time?

Elsewhere it was posted about decisions being transparent and explained to supporters. This could have been done on the OS by whoever made it, along with an apology and details of how they'll look to improve things in the future.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pies on 09:40 - Jan 5 with 1674 viewsboroblue

Not sure if the 50p thing is true or not (have e-mailed the club but had no response) but even if they sent 50 over, that's made them a full £25 extra - hope it was worth it to piss off another 50 of their own dwindling hardcore supporters.

Apparently nearly twice as many Rotherham fans turned up as they were expecting. Surely they should be left without then? It was someone at the kiosk that told us this (though not the same friendly server who blamed it on studds being so busy!)

I understand they don't want to over order and make a loss but to run out before half time on such a low home crowd is pathetic. I'm not having that some of the pies I have had up there haven't been frozen leftovers from a previous game either.

I doubt they'd be transparent enough to admit to such a stupid decision to send them to away fans anyway!
Pies on 09:42 - Jan 5 with 1673 viewsColDale

I believe away fans have been charged more for pies for years.
Pies on 09:50 - Jan 5 with 1660 viewsMoonyDale

Pies on 09:42 - Jan 5 by ColDale

I believe away fans have been charged more for pies for years.

That's news to me and if true it's a Fkin disgrace, there is no justification for it at all, they cost no more to purchase and no more to heat up....No idea if it happens at other grounds but it needs stopping at Spotland...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pies on 10:28 - Jan 5 with 1625 viewsDalenet

The club has been bad at managing the food offer for years and years. We ALWAYS ALWAYS run out of pies before half time on night games and bank holiday type games. eople come from work on those days, or in the case of New Years day, the local shops and chippies are closed. So it isn't rocket science that they need feeding. And given that we have a policy of banning people from bringing their own food in, they need to cater for folk. We are so blinkered its untrue.

If the club are worried about over ordering, then have a back up - such as big pans of curry or chilli that people can buy that can be frozen rather than thrown away. Any caterer worth his salt knows that.
Pies on 10:47 - Jan 5 with 1596 viewswindowsbug

I think it may also be against football league rules to charge away fans more for the same products that are available to home fans.
You certainly cannot charge more entrance fee, unless the accommodation is better than the home fans'.
Login to get fewer ads

Pies on 11:21 - Jan 5 with 1562 viewsMass_Debater

Pies on 02:45 - Jan 5 by Shun

I think I must be the only football fan who doesn't like pies.

Probably
Pies on 13:04 - Jan 5 with 1488 views49thseason

Genius,
What are we talking about here ? 100 pies? £50 ?
And some jobsworth thinks its a good idea to make an extra £50 and upset 100 fans who attend 20+ games per year at a time when 100s have already given up because they are sick of being treated like mushrooms?
Somebody needs to get a grip urgently. Either the club is totally skint or Dunphy needs to extract his head from his ar3e. If its the former we should be told now.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024