Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. 10:24 - Jan 13 with 2381 viewspomanjou

According to my dodgy calculations we are on a significantly improving trend.

Premiership QPR. Pre and post Harry.

Pre - 0 wins 4 draws 9 losses 4 points from 13 average 0.31
Post - 2 Wins 4 draws 3 losses 10 points from 9 average 1.11

improvement 258%

Is it enough? If we carry on at 1.11 points a game, probably not as we would end up with 31/32 points. To get to 40 points, which should be enough we need 1.625 per game. Its a tall order but achievable with the level of commitment seen yesterday and a couple of signings.

A proppa dynamic striker to take some pressure off Tarby, who I want to be fresh and fit enough for 90 mins to take advantage of his skills.

A replacement for Nelsen.

You cannot fault the sheer effort that Mackie puts in but effort is not enough in the Prem. We need higher returns than he gives.

A repalcement for SWP because although he has shown some improvement the last two games is just not up to it and wont be.

JSP, Again just not up to it.

The dynamic striker and Nelsen replacement are imperatives in my eyes.

Discuss.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 10:29 - Jan 13 with 2043 viewsJamie

Survival hinges on Harry putting a run of wins together ala Wigan last season.

From February we have Norwich, Swansea, Utd (H), Saints, Sunderland, Villa, Fulham, Wigan, Everton, Stoke, Reading.

33 points on the table there and if HR can put together a run of wins then survival is a real possibility.
Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 10:44 - Jan 13 with 2003 viewschris1969

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 10:29 - Jan 13 by Jamie

Survival hinges on Harry putting a run of wins together ala Wigan last season.

From February we have Norwich, Swansea, Utd (H), Saints, Sunderland, Villa, Fulham, Wigan, Everton, Stoke, Reading.

33 points on the table there and if HR can put together a run of wins then survival is a real possibility.

This time last year we had 17 points and had a terrible Jan/Feb picking up just 4 points. So at the start of March we only had 21 points we can still get out of this mess.
Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 10:48 - Jan 13 with 1995 viewsted_hendrix

We need luck Pom and we need It on a monumental scale like It's never been seen before.
I'll take all of the offside goals going thankyou, pretty much each of our remaing games/results have got to 'pan out' like the last game of last season whereby results went our way.
Each time people on here look at our up and coming fixtures and say we can get or should get a win here or there It never seems to happen does It?
And on that note I'm looking forward to going to Upton Park next Saturday because I genuinly think we'll get a win there

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 10:57 - Jan 13 with 1971 viewscarrotcrunch_R

I just want to point out we r unbeaten in 2013 I consider that stat amazing already considering the teams we have played and how bad we were last year.
Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 11:06 - Jan 13 with 1941 viewsstansleftfoot

Get positive I say. 40 Points is wildly optimistic but I think the plunging standards of the Premiership brings that 'safety' figure down into the early and mid 30's.
January 19: West Ham (A)
January 29: Man City (H)
February 2: Norwich (H)
February 9: Swansea (A)
February 23: Manchester United (H)
March 2: Southampton (A)
March 9: Sunderland (H)
March 16: Aston Villa (A)
March 30: Fulham (A)
April 6: Wigan (H)
April 13: Everton (A)
April 20: Stoke (H)
April 27: Reading (A)
May 4: Arsenal (H)
May 12: Newcastle (H)
May 19: Liverpool (A)
With rose tinted spec's maybe and our new found form, belief is beginning to show in the side that plays, I think I can see seven wins in that fixture list and the teams we beat generally have far harder fixtures than QPR.....if we can get Taarabt back into Mid and a goalscorer, its more than positive.......

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 11:37 - Jan 13 with 1898 viewshoopstilidie

If you wouldn't mind just holding the door open for a bit.

Cheers.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 11:40 - Jan 13 with 1883 viewspomanjou

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 10:48 - Jan 13 by ted_hendrix

We need luck Pom and we need It on a monumental scale like It's never been seen before.
I'll take all of the offside goals going thankyou, pretty much each of our remaing games/results have got to 'pan out' like the last game of last season whereby results went our way.
Each time people on here look at our up and coming fixtures and say we can get or should get a win here or there It never seems to happen does It?
And on that note I'm looking forward to going to Upton Park next Saturday because I genuinly think we'll get a win there

Yes Ted, but I think the luck trend is going our way. We seem to have slowed down on the red/yellow card count. Cesar has also 'made' our luck change for the better with doubles saves like yesterday.

Chelsea 3 points no goals conceded
Spurs 1 point no goals conceded.

4 points, average 2 points = top quartile finish!

undefeated in 2013 in league and cup

I hope we take our first defeat on Tuesday night at WBA. Lets be focused on survival and forget a few moments of possible glory.

Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 11:42 - Jan 13 with 1867 viewsdaveB

the difficult bit is going to be when we have to attack games, we've proved to be very good at playing 4-5-1, defend deep and deny the other team space, that plan can work against the big teams but when we need to go and play an extra attacking player I'm not sure we have enough currently to win enough games.

I do think we'll stay up though, I reckon we need 7 wins
Login to get fewer ads

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 11:44 - Jan 13 with 1857 viewsWeaverQPR

If we can win 6 games that will give us 32pts, a few draws we could be on 35-36pts. Could that be enough?

@WeavQPR

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 13:22 - Jan 13 with 1784 viewsWestonsuperR

To win games you need to score goals, we have 17 goals in 22 matches and are currently starting matches without a recognised striker. I don't think Lloris had even one save to make yesterday. Great defensive performances recently but can't see how we will pick up the amount of wins we need (probably minimum 7).
Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 15:35 - Jan 13 with 1691 viewspomanjou

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 13:22 - Jan 13 by WestonsuperR

To win games you need to score goals, we have 17 goals in 22 matches and are currently starting matches without a recognised striker. I don't think Lloris had even one save to make yesterday. Great defensive performances recently but can't see how we will pick up the amount of wins we need (probably minimum 7).

As I said in the OP 'imperative that we sign a dynamic striker and replacement for Nelsen'. Thats how we do. Still 18 days in the transfer windfow and I suspect next week we will strart signings.

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 15:37 - Jan 13 with 1686 viewsGloucs_R

Heart says Yes, head says no.

We need to beat the bottom teams this year...

Villa - away
Wigan - home
Southampton - away
Reading - away
Sunderland - home
Fulham - away

Too many away games for my liking.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 15:38 - Jan 13 with 1685 viewscheeseydane

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 10:48 - Jan 13 by ted_hendrix

Yup, not sure why, but im certain we will take all 3 next week.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 16:12 - Jan 13 with 1644 viewsCHUBBS

I like your way of thinking Pom but we are 3 very good players away from survival and i just can't see us getting them in our current predicament.
I we'd had HR half a dozen games earlier we would probably be on 20-23 points and would be in the driving seat for most of the players we're interested given our location and financial backing.
In essence the manager who replaced NW to help bring in big name players has inadvertently destroyed our chances of signing big name players.
Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 16:55 - Jan 13 with 1604 viewsloftus77

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 16:12 - Jan 13 by CHUBBS

I like your way of thinking Pom but we are 3 very good players away from survival and i just can't see us getting them in our current predicament.
I we'd had HR half a dozen games earlier we would probably be on 20-23 points and would be in the driving seat for most of the players we're interested given our location and financial backing.
In essence the manager who replaced NW to help bring in big name players has inadvertently destroyed our chances of signing big name players.

16 games to go - yes we can but this will have to be some turnaround.

A draw at West Ham is now a 'defeat', a draw against Man City is a 'win' - if you get my drift.

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 17:07 - Jan 13 with 1582 viewskingo

By the sound of things coming out of Spurs and Rennes, we have signed Livermore and M'villa. That will give us extra height and tenacity in the middle. I suspect that M'Bia will go back into defence and HR is still in France looking at forwards.
Positives are that we have played all the top teams away except Everton and also been to the proverbially hard fixtures of away at Newcastle,Sunderland and Stoke, all these teams are different propositions away. We have very winnable games against the mid table teams, the ones that our relegation rivals have taken points off. But we must take points off those at the bottom.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 20:41 - Jan 13 with 1518 viewspomanjou

Plenty if time left in this transfer window and next week will see the first signing(s). A couple could do the trick and three will make me happy as a pig in shit as I am sure Harry will not sign anything thats going to be wasteful.

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 11:33 - Jan 14 with 1341 viewssimmo

The best thing for me to come out of the last few weeks has been that we now have a clear identity. We didnt have a clue who we were/what system suited us/who were the best 11 etc for so long and it was a big contributor to our current position.

Now we have discovered a counter attacking and deep lying way of playing that give us a real chance of taking results from the big teams if we can maintain the performance levels and work rate.

The real test for me on wether we stay up or not will be this Saturday at West Ham and other games against teams closer to our level. Its a worthwhile tactic against teams like City, Chelscum etc to stay compact and try to nick the win but we cant do that against the teams we need/expect points off and a more expansive game plan is required.

It will be interesting to see how we set up and if we go for the 3 points, we have the personnel to do it

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 11:44 - Jan 14 with 1312 viewsadhoc_qpr

God Hughes was woeful!

Obviously it's possible we can stay up, but i won't believe until i see us string together 2 or 3 wins in quick succession in our run of 'winnable' games versus lower and midtable teams.

While Harry has restored a bit of pride and means we're at least fighting to stay up, i can't see where the goals are coming from.

Reading were completely outplayed on Saturday but they have goals in them which got them an undeserved 3 points. In almost exactly the same scenario when we played WBA we went down 2-1 despite a similar late rally...
Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 12:18 - Jan 14 with 1267 viewsJonDoeman

No Clive on the positive thread! Come on you negative nelly

It Is What It Is !!

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 17:35 - Jan 14 with 1165 viewspomanjou

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 12:18 - Jan 14 by JonDoeman

No Clive on the positive thread! Come on you negative nelly

Either he didnt hear or he's giving you the Nelson.

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 18:22 - Jan 14 with 1127 viewsNathanNI

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 11:40 - Jan 13 by pomanjou

Yes Ted, but I think the luck trend is going our way. We seem to have slowed down on the red/yellow card count. Cesar has also 'made' our luck change for the better with doubles saves like yesterday.

Chelsea 3 points no goals conceded
Spurs 1 point no goals conceded.

4 points, average 2 points = top quartile finish!

undefeated in 2013 in league and cup

I hope we take our first defeat on Tuesday night at WBA. Lets be focused on survival and forget a few moments of possible glory.

Lets hope that for those of us going to the game, you don't get what you hope for
Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 20:17 - Jan 14 with 1090 viewsderbyhoop

Almost certainly we need to win 7 games out of 16. Both Manchester clubs and Arsenal have got to come to Loftus Road, so I struggle to see us getting more than 4 wins out of the 8 home games, which means we have to win 3 away games. It's possible, but unlikely.

I certinly wouldn't bet on us.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 20:27 - Jan 14 with 1078 viewsNathanNI

Three away games.

Southampton, Fulham, Reading & West Ham (after their performance on Saturday) are all games we could win.

Not saying we will. But we could.

Clutching at straws probably :(
Can we do it - yes we can - Positive thread. on 16:07 - Jan 16 with 1010 viewspomanjou

I hope a few on here will now become of the positive persuasion with the lockpicker signing and that a few more will take the positive plunge when further arrivals are announced. Following our recent recent run of wins/draws and shutouts only the faint hearted and pacifists will see us going down.

I stick by my pre Remy predictions for a 39 point finish but I now add "or better".

January 19: West Ham (A) lose
January 29: Man City (H) lose
February 2: Norwich (H) win
February 9: Swansea (A) lose
Feb 23: Manchester Utd (H) lose
March 2: Southampton (A) draw
March 9: Sunderland (H) win
March 16: Aston Villa (A) draw
March 30: Fulham (A) win
April 6: Wigan (H) win
April 13: Everton (A) lose
April 20: Stoke (H) win
April 27: Reading (A) win
May 4: Arsenal (H) draw
May 12: Newcastle (H) win
May 19: Liverpool (A) draw

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024