Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jason Kennedy 18:14 - Jan 31 with 12233 viewsdale_spotland

According to a bradford reporter on twitter Bradford have failed in a bid for Jason Kennedy

https://twitter.com/ParkerTandA

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Jason Kennedy on 20:20 - Jan 31 with 1474 viewsolympicdale

Jason Kennedy on 20:15 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

What money are you talking about?

Any money in scotland was split between celtic an rangers, always been the case to my understanding, albeit not following scottish football that deeply. Your're right it is all about branding, SPL 2, aka the current division 1?

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 20:23 - Jan 31 with 1433 viewsfitzochris

Jason Kennedy on 20:20 - Jan 31 by olympicdale

Any money in scotland was split between celtic an rangers, always been the case to my understanding, albeit not following scottish football that deeply. Your're right it is all about branding, SPL 2, aka the current division 1?

This'll save me typing any more:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/200548-scottish-football-league-rest

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jason Kennedy on 20:48 - Jan 31 with 1339 viewsrafc1984

Jason Kennedy on 20:11 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

It's all in the branding. The creation of an SPL 2, containing 12 teams, will attract more sponsorship and other associated marketing. There has also been a pledge for more direct investment from both the SPL and SFL as a single body should it go ahead.

An 18-team lower league will also generate more interest, as clubs will no longer have to play the same team four times a season. The downside is that promotion will be all the more difficult, but most of these sides yo-yo between divisions two and three at present anyway.

How long the refresh remains fresh is anyone's guess, but the initial injection of change will definite benefit all concerned at the higher end of the game up here.

It's out for the SFL vote now though, and the Brechins and Arbroaths of this world might prefer the status quo.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I just dont see that much difference to what has been done before. Any league that splits after so many games, to fight for the title is just bullsh!t, it makes a mockery of it actually being a "league." Teams finishing 8th and 9th, with more points than those in 6th and 7th.

As for re-branding, it might, bring a few more fans in, for a season, if they are lucky, but they will be the fair weather type, and will soon lose interest.

Be like throwing huge bundles of cash into a fire.

Only my opinion like.
Jason Kennedy on 20:57 - Jan 31 with 1303 viewsfitzochris

Jason Kennedy on 20:48 - Jan 31 by rafc1984

I just dont see that much difference to what has been done before. Any league that splits after so many games, to fight for the title is just bullsh!t, it makes a mockery of it actually being a "league." Teams finishing 8th and 9th, with more points than those in 6th and 7th.

As for re-branding, it might, bring a few more fans in, for a season, if they are lucky, but they will be the fair weather type, and will soon lose interest.

Be like throwing huge bundles of cash into a fire.

Only my opinion like.

The proof of the pudding will be in the tasting. Nobody knows for sure how it will pan out, but at least the two bodies have come together for the sake of the game as a whole. That alone is to be applauded.

Jason Kennedy on 21:01 - Jan 31 with 1276 viewsmizfit

Jason Kennedy on 20:57 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

The proof of the pudding will be in the tasting. Nobody knows for sure how it will pan out, but at least the two bodies have come together for the sake of the game as a whole. That alone is to be applauded.

There's nothing they can do to make Scottish good
Always has been crap, always will be crap
Jason Kennedy on 21:07 - Jan 31 with 1250 viewsfitzochris

Jason Kennedy on 21:01 - Jan 31 by mizfit

There's nothing they can do to make Scottish good
Always has been crap, always will be crap

The first British team to win the European Cup were, and still are, based in Scotland. Just sayin'.

Jason Kennedy on 21:11 - Jan 31 with 1224 viewsD_Alien

Jason Kennedy on 21:07 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

The first British team to win the European Cup were, and still are, based in Scotland. Just sayin'.

And I think they remain the only team to win the trophy with players composed entirely from the indigenous country - indeed, all were born within a 40 mile radius of the city of Glasgow?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jason Kennedy on 21:16 - Jan 31 with 1204 viewsmizfit

Jason Kennedy on 21:11 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

And I think they remain the only team to win the trophy with players composed entirely from the indigenous country - indeed, all were born within a 40 mile radius of the city of Glasgow?

Thankfully football has moved on from such dark days
Login to get fewer ads

Jason Kennedy on 21:17 - Jan 31 with 1192 viewsNotEyreClue

Jason Kennedy on 21:07 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

Good teams create history, not live off it though...You'd get on with Liverpoop fans with that mentality!

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Jason Kennedy on 21:17 - Jan 31 with 1186 viewsD_Alien

Jason Kennedy on 21:16 - Jan 31 by mizfit

Dead right!

The brand of flowing free-spirited football played by Celtic finally managed to overcome the cynical, cheating, fouling bore that Inter Milan put their store by!

Edit: Or don't you like football, mizfit?

Jason Kennedy on 21:21 - Jan 31 with 1159 viewsfitzochris

It has...

By the late 1980's, English football was beginning to unravel. Since the glory of the World Cup win in 1966, the game had become mired by hooliganism. The 'working man's sport' seemed to mirror the plight of the working classes in Thatcher's Britain. Grounds were crumbling and unsafe, facilities were poor, admission prices were rising. The product on the park was a far cry from the days of Moore, Hurst and Charlton. Violence had reached almost military sophistication, with organised gangs seemingly spending more time and effort arranging tactics and battleplans than the managers of the teams they followed.

Football's reinvention came at a critical — infact literally terminal - time for the game. A series of separate disasters, in Heysel, Bradford and Hillsborough, resulted in the tragic death of hundreds of fans. These off the pitch events forced clubs and authorities to drag the game into the modern world, and turn it from a relic of a bygone age into a world-leading example of a premier entertainment event.

New stadia emerged from the crumbling terraces in towns and cities across the country. Shiny, plastic, all-seated, family-friendly places. They were safe, comfortable, easier to police.

A crackdown on hooliganism put the lid back on something which at one point had threatened football's future.

Meanwhile, Rupert Murdoch took a gamble with his newly launched satellite television service and started to invest unprecedented sums of money into the elite end of the game. This, coupled with the advent of a European Champions League, brought the promise of pots of gold at the end of the goal line.

English football was quick to exploit the potential. A new Premier League marketed itself aggressively, attracting affluent new spectators prepared to spend thousands of pounds to become a passive part of an upwardly mobile pastime. International players, once the preserve of the Spanish and Italian leagues, followed the paychecks across the channel. Oligarchs and Arabs ploughed yet more money into the latest fashionable status symbol — their very own football club.

Today, English football's top flight is dominant in Europe, and often claims to be the best league in the world. Attendances, and revenues, are at all-time highs.

But at what price?

Many clubs, let alone the players that pull on their shirts, have lost most of the roots which bound them to their communities. Lifelong fans can no longer afford the ticket prices to go to games.

And while some money slowly trickles through the system, the vast majority goes to the purchase of fake-tudor mansions and super cars — the preserve of players with more ego than talent.

Whether or not football's rise is sustainable is of great debate; many of the highest achievers are bankrolled by sugar daddies and, for all intents and purposes, insolvent.

While it's a dramatic and obvious example of a sport which has reinvented itself, it could be argued that football's experience is one which the mistakes should be learned from — rather than emulated.

Jason Kennedy on 21:23 - Jan 31 with 1144 viewsmizfit

Jason Kennedy on 21:17 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

Dead right!

The brand of flowing free-spirited football played by Celtic finally managed to overcome the cynical, cheating, fouling bore that Inter Milan put their store by!

Edit: Or don't you like football, mizfit?

I'm a fan of that let's roll your sleeves up lets how hard you are RUUUUUUBBBBIIIIISSSHHHH
Jason Kennedy on 21:23 - Jan 31 with 1144 viewsfitzochris

Jason Kennedy on 21:17 - Jan 31 by NotEyreClue

Good teams create history, not live off it though...You'd get on with Liverpoop fans with that mentality!

Mizfit said Scottish football has always been crap. I used fact to show him he was wrong. Not living off the past. I, personally, don't give two shits about Celtic.

Cheers.

Jason Kennedy on 21:26 - Jan 31 with 1125 viewsD_Alien

Jason Kennedy on 21:23 - Jan 31 by mizfit

I'm a fan of that let's roll your sleeves up lets how hard you are RUUUUUUBBBBIIIIISSSHHHH

See you, see mizfit?

Jason Kennedy on 21:29 - Jan 31 with 1098 viewsFred_Talbot

Kennedy deal back on

Where's Fred?

Jason Kennedy on 21:33 - Jan 31 with 1046 views442Dale

Jason Kennedy on 21:29 - Jan 31 by Fred_Talbot

Kennedy deal back on

Yep.

“@ParkerTandA: "Beauty" of deadline day. At 4pm Kennedy definitely off, at 6 pretty much off, at 9.30 seems all systems go again #bcafc”

Would try and get Ravenhill in on loan from them if he does go.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jason Kennedy on 21:34 - Jan 31 with 1044 viewsmizfit

Jason Kennedy on 21:26 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

See you, see mizfit?

Mealymouth bollox mate that's what you're talking
When Scottish football is on sky sports I contemplate ringing sky up to sack off my subscription awful football
Jason Kennedy on 21:35 - Jan 31 with 1021 viewsFred_Talbot

Jason Kennedy on 21:33 - Jan 31 by 442Dale

Yep.

“@ParkerTandA: "Beauty" of deadline day. At 4pm Kennedy definitely off, at 6 pretty much off, at 9.30 seems all systems go again #bcafc”

Great

Where's Fred?

Jason Kennedy on 21:35 - Jan 31 with 1020 viewsSaxonDale

Jason Kennedy on 21:29 - Jan 31 by Fred_Talbot

Kennedy deal back on

I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell.
Jason Kennedy on 21:35 - Jan 31 with 1020 viewsolympicdale

Jason Kennedy on 21:33 - Jan 31 by 442Dale

Yep.

Replace him?? Thats not the Rochdale way.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 21:38 - Jan 31 with 987 viewsD_Alien

Jason Kennedy on 21:34 - Jan 31 by mizfit

Mealymouth bollox mate that's what you're talking
When Scottish football is on sky sports I contemplate ringing sky up to sack off my subscription awful football

"There's nothing they can do to make Scottish good
Always has been crap, always will be crap"

You've been disproved and embarrassed. You're spouting...

... mealy mouthed bollox *

* My original phrase, since humorously taken up by NEC

You're not funny.

Jason Kennedy on 21:39 - Jan 31 with 977 viewsolympicdale

Yeah thank god, none of this home grown talent rubbish.

Life is a game of fate.

Jason Kennedy on 21:42 - Jan 31 with 942 viewsNotEyreClue

Jason Kennedy on 21:23 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

Mizfit said Scottish football has always been crap. I used fact to show him he was wrong. Not living off the past. I, personally, don't give two shits about Celtic.

Cheers.

I wasn't really talking about Celtic specifically because I'm quite well aware that you don't support them. I didn't suggest that you specifically was living off the past either but is in fact the mentality of a lot of Celtic fans that I'm friends with anyway.

I'm also sure that mizfit meant Scottish domestic football has always been crap, seeing as we were talking about a player moving there? Not sure a singular European Cup victory really disproves that either but I didn't mean to offend your love of Scottish football.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Jason Kennedy on 21:42 - Jan 31 with 936 viewsMass_Debater

Jason Kennedy on 19:44 - Jan 31 by olympicdale

I dont know the exact amount of what players at this level are on, just plucked it out of the air, I was probably way lower to the actual truth, but the original point remains, thay he will be making a good living to support a family, and always seemed happy.

I didn't mean the money bit.
Jason Kennedy on 21:43 - Jan 31 with 904 viewscornishdale

I am hearing that the Kennedy deal is back on from my lowlife yorkshire friends. Lets hope Hill has his eyes on some targets.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024