Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Django Unchained 13:22 - Feb 19 with 3070 viewsLOTR

Has anyone seen it? I watched it last night and was very very impressed by it. Christoph Waltz and Di Caprio are outstanding. It's classic Tarantino, everything has been thought about, from the music to the camera work, its long and bloody, but it's just a fantastic film.

Not sure when it's out in the UK but i watched it and would recommend it to anyone.
Django Unchained on 13:31 - Feb 19 with 3050 viewssimmo

Been out a few weeks here and echo the sentiments, really cool film. Waltz in particular is brilliant and a great screen presence. Hard to believe his first big film role was Inglorious Basterds just a few years ago.

Well worth seeing

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Django Unchained on 13:38 - Feb 19 with 3024 viewsLOTR

Django Unchained on 13:31 - Feb 19 by simmo

Been out a few weeks here and echo the sentiments, really cool film. Waltz in particular is brilliant and a great screen presence. Hard to believe his first big film role was Inglorious Basterds just a few years ago.

Well worth seeing

Yea agree Simmo!

Also, haven't said it before, love your caption, Big L Rest in Peace!
Django Unchained on 14:18 - Feb 19 with 2975 viewsAntti_Heinola

usual awful tarantino tat IMO. Too long, false endings, just chuck everything in and 'borrow' from as many people as possible and hope for the best.
Good performances, but, personally, I think Tarantino bust his flush years and years ago.

Bare bones.

Django Unchained on 14:22 - Feb 19 with 2973 viewswestberksr

thought it was quite entertaining and how i'd expect QT to do a homage to the spaghetti western with a bit of a blaxploitation spin thrown in.

of all the lead parts the only one that disappointed a bit was Samuel L Jackson who just semed to roll out his standard QT performance; that's probably down to the director as much as anything seeing as he wrote, produced, directed and acted in the film as per usual.

not as good as some of the hype but if you like his style it won't disappoint. the scene with hte KKK did have me in stitches though; a very funny scene.
Django Unchained on 14:23 - Feb 19 with 2970 viewsfakekerby

Thought it was a great return to form for Tarantino, and Waltz was really awesome in it.
Django Unchained on 14:28 - Feb 19 with 2960 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

its been knocking around on dvd for weeks

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Django Unchained on 14:31 - Feb 19 with 2956 viewsLOTR

Django Unchained on 14:28 - Feb 19 by Kendo_Nagasaki

its been knocking around on dvd for weeks

Yea i watched it last night, its been out a while over here, but hadn;t seen a threat about it(yes i know this is a QPR forum, but seeing as we routinely have threads about cheese...for the record mine is goats cheese...i thought we may have had one about this film)

Overall i thought it was a return to form for QT
Django Unchained on 15:54 - Feb 19 with 2881 viewsNathanNI

Django Unchained on 14:31 - Feb 19 by LOTR

Yea i watched it last night, its been out a while over here, but hadn;t seen a threat about it(yes i know this is a QPR forum, but seeing as we routinely have threads about cheese...for the record mine is goats cheese...i thought we may have had one about this film)

Overall i thought it was a return to form for QT

Loved it myself fella. Thought they strung out the end a little, but forgivable.

Hope you are well pal.
Login to get fewer ads

Django Unchained on 16:23 - Feb 19 with 2844 viewsRed_Ranger

tosh. utter gratuitous rubbish. Go and see The Master if you want class.
Django Unchained on 16:41 - Feb 19 with 2819 viewsBrazilNutR

I really enjoyed it...and think its worth watching on the big Screen..
Django Unchained on 18:35 - Feb 19 with 2758 viewsTacticalR

I watched it a few weeks ago by accident, because after a match the stream switched to Django, and I got hooked and ended up watching the whole thing.

As a movie it was excellent. As a piece of history it was absolute nonsense. In the film slavery is presented as a kind of sadism, whereas in reality slavery was central to America's development. That explains why the most enlightened men were slaveholders. George Washington, the First President was a slaveholder, as was Thomas Jefferson the writer of that marvel of democratic rights, the American Declaration of Independence.

But Quentin explains...it was all a few bad guys wasn't it? It should have been called 'Quentin cleans up an unfortunate chapter in American history by getting medieval on the asses of slaveholders'.

Air hostess clique

Django Unchained on 19:40 - Feb 19 with 2704 viewsderbyhoop

Saw it a few weeks ago. Loved it. Very funny and violent. Although the blood is so over the top, even that was funny. The dialogue was superb and Waltz and Foxx excellent. Possibly too long. Better editing could have reduced it by 15-20 minutes but well worth seeing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Django Unchained on 19:52 - Feb 19 with 2689 viewscollegeranger

Who's Zed?
Django Unchained on 04:32 - Feb 20 with 2606 viewsLOTR

Django Unchained on 15:54 - Feb 19 by NathanNI

Loved it myself fella. Thought they strung out the end a little, but forgivable.

Hope you are well pal.

Hey Nath,

Alls well this end, spoke to Rol last night and he showed me a picture of young Eamon on "Chicken Shop" on Channel 4, have you seen it yet?

Weather is good here(surprise surprise) been in my own house now for about 8 months, love it.

I'll be back home over Xmas/New Year this year, so should get to a few Championship games next season!!

Hows things with you squire?
Django Unchained on 05:13 - Feb 20 with 2601 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Been out here in NZ for about a month.. seen it twice now absolute classic. Lots of hat tipping to Sam Pekinpah of course but full of classic QT dialogue, story twists and dark humour.. Totally recommend.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Django Unchained on 08:52 - Feb 20 with 2570 viewssimmo

It is so easy to hate on Tarantino, almost because liking him is conforming to some kind of film hipster stereotype when in actual fact if you just take his movies as you find them, they are at best stylish modern classics and at worst different to the never ending production line of Holywood remakes and sequels.

Tarantino never makes excuses for his chosen style, he makes the films he wants in the style he prefers drawing from influences that he openly credits from the millions of films that he has seen. Why is it different from any band out there making good RnB after growing up listening to the Who or whatever?

I dont like all of his movies but some are amongst my favourites and although I completely agree with the comment about editing shaving off 20 mins might have improved it, this film was very cool and I left feeling like I got my moneys worth.

Also LOTR good spot with the Big L line, I didnt think anybody would get that!

Django Unchained on 08:57 - Feb 20 with 2565 viewsPommyhoop

Django Unchained on 19:52 - Feb 19 by collegeranger

Who's Zed?

Zed's dead Baby,Zed's dead.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Django Unchained on 09:00 - Feb 20 with 2561 viewsJamie

Django Unchained on 08:52 - Feb 20 by simmo

It is so easy to hate on Tarantino, almost because liking him is conforming to some kind of film hipster stereotype when in actual fact if you just take his movies as you find them, they are at best stylish modern classics and at worst different to the never ending production line of Holywood remakes and sequels.

Tarantino never makes excuses for his chosen style, he makes the films he wants in the style he prefers drawing from influences that he openly credits from the millions of films that he has seen. Why is it different from any band out there making good RnB after growing up listening to the Who or whatever?

I dont like all of his movies but some are amongst my favourites and although I completely agree with the comment about editing shaving off 20 mins might have improved it, this film was very cool and I left feeling like I got my moneys worth.

Also LOTR good spot with the Big L line, I didnt think anybody would get that!

There's only one hipster on here.

And yes, it's a decent film IMO.
Django Unchained on 10:20 - Feb 20 with 2533 viewssimmo

Django Unchained on 09:00 - Feb 20 by Jamie

There's only one hipster on here.

And yes, it's a decent film IMO.

I'm a pseudo intellectual self confessed film snob. There's a difference

Django Unchained on 11:40 - Feb 20 with 2518 viewsRANGERS4EVER

One film that i really liked in the cinema at the moment was Zero Dark Thirty , which is about the killing of Bin Laden and all the preparation for it. Thought it was really good and intense

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Django Unchained on 12:10 - Feb 20 with 2505 viewsrobith

Django Unchained on 18:35 - Feb 19 by TacticalR

I watched it a few weeks ago by accident, because after a match the stream switched to Django, and I got hooked and ended up watching the whole thing.

As a movie it was excellent. As a piece of history it was absolute nonsense. In the film slavery is presented as a kind of sadism, whereas in reality slavery was central to America's development. That explains why the most enlightened men were slaveholders. George Washington, the First President was a slaveholder, as was Thomas Jefferson the writer of that marvel of democratic rights, the American Declaration of Independence.

But Quentin explains...it was all a few bad guys wasn't it? It should have been called 'Quentin cleans up an unfortunate chapter in American history by getting medieval on the asses of slaveholders'.

It's not meant to be history though is it - likewise from Inglorious Basterds, I'm pretty sure WW2 didn't end with Eli Roth [spoilers redacted]

However, the men who you cite were almost a century before Django is set (and also Jefferson later tried and narrowly failed to ban slavery expanding into the territories and banned the importation of slaves ). By that point it had all but disappeared in the North and was focused entirely in the South, where some pretty nasty stuff went down, especially on the plantations.

Amusingly enough, after seeing the film Lincoln recently, the state of Mississippi realised they'd never actually formally ratified the 13th amendment!
Django Unchained on 13:10 - Feb 20 with 2470 viewsQPunkR

I saw it the week it came out (my mate was a bit keen).

I really really enjoyed it. If you just take it as you find it, not as an historical analysis of slavery etc, I think it's absolutely brilliant barnstorming entertainment.
Waltz absolutely steals the show, great part, great performance

QPR - "shit but local"

Django Unchained on 13:16 - Feb 20 with 2462 viewsTheBlob

Django Unchained on 08:57 - Feb 20 by Pommyhoop

Zed's dead Baby,Zed's dead.

?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Django Unchained on 16:15 - Feb 20 with 2425 viewsAntti_Heinola

Django Unchained on 05:13 - Feb 20 by UPPERLOFTNZ

Been out here in NZ for about a month.. seen it twice now absolute classic. Lots of hat tipping to Sam Pekinpah of course but full of classic QT dialogue, story twists and dark humour.. Totally recommend.

I think I'm one of the few people on earth who find QT's legendary dialogue both grindingly dull and really quite annoying. But I must bow to the masses here, I'm clearly well out-voted!

Bare bones.

Django Unchained on 20:45 - Feb 20 with 2385 viewsandygg

I saw it, quite entertaining and Christoph Waltz should get an Oscar for his part.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024