Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Survival, worth a bet? 12:59 - Apr 3 with 3187 viewsPhilmyRs

Win or bust at the weekend without doubt.

I am one of the few that always thinks the impossible is possible, but I admit that should we be defeated on Sunday, or perhaps even if we draw, we are all but relegated. I think even the most optimistic would say that. However, something just keeps making me think that somehow we can still get out of this mess. Should we win on Sunday and results play out as expected elsewhere, I think a lot changes. With a bit of luck, we could find ourselves about 4 or 5 points off Wigan, Villa and Sunderland with 6 games to play. If you had to claw back a 4/5 point deficit with 6 games remaining it is doable. Especially if we can bring our goal difference in to play over the next few games.

Above everything else though, what keeps on staring back at me is that final day fixture, Villa v Wigan. If Sunderland can implode and continue losing games, and assuming Reading don’t recover, as long as we can make that final game mean something, e.g. a draw doesn’t guarantee survival for Wigan and Villa, we have a chance. Let’s go all out to get 3 points on Sunday ignoring anything else, and then have a look at the points that need to be clawed back. A 4 point deficit with 6 games to play is achievable, especially as we’re not far off having a superior goal difference to 3 teams around us, with a little work obviously. Should we lose though, it will be all over.

Worth a cheeky £10 on the Rs staying up? The bookies look like they're losing faith.
Survival, worth a bet? on 13:05 - Apr 3 with 3156 viewsVish

the bookies have lost faith for a reason. There is no way back for us.

Save your tenner for a few pints.
Survival, worth a bet? on 13:09 - Apr 3 with 3137 viewsQPunkR

Can I have whatever you're taking, must be bl00dy strong stuff..

QPR - "shit but local"

Survival, worth a bet? on 13:11 - Apr 3 with 3128 viewsdaveB

We need to win all our home games and one away game to have a realistic chance so not much has changed since the Fulham game and it is possible but we're not good enough to manage that I'm afraid.
Survival, worth a bet? on 13:15 - Apr 3 with 3116 viewscollegeranger

Not impossible - A tall task but something to cling to Fulham in 2007/08 at the same point of the season as us now

Fulham 2007/8 season matches played 31:

19. Fulham P31 W4 D11 L16 GD -24 P23

& they survived on 36 points & goal difference!

Us now -
19. QPR P31 W4 D11 L16 GD -23 P23
Survival, worth a bet? on 15:40 - Apr 3 with 2963 viewsMetallica_Hoop

It's not impossible but unlikely.

I might have a small bet anyway. Feck it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Survival, worth a bet? on 15:50 - Apr 3 with 2957 viewskingsburyR

NO

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Survival, worth a bet? on 15:59 - Apr 3 with 2936 viewsKevinPR

No. That is a compounded lose bet.
Survival, worth a bet? on 16:48 - Apr 3 with 2868 viewspomanjou

Survival, worth a bet? on 13:15 - Apr 3 by collegeranger

Not impossible - A tall task but something to cling to Fulham in 2007/08 at the same point of the season as us now

Fulham 2007/8 season matches played 31:

19. Fulham P31 W4 D11 L16 GD -24 P23

& they survived on 36 points & goal difference!

Us now -
19. QPR P31 W4 D11 L16 GD -23 P23

Very interesting post Collegeboy. Good to see that and read Philmy's positive vibes in the OP.

Always best to be optimistic and look on the bright side. I mean, what is the point of pessimism in life?

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Login to get fewer ads

Survival, worth a bet? on 16:56 - Apr 3 with 2853 viewsBlackCrowe

What are the odds out of interest (all bookie sites blocked at work)?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Survival, worth a bet? on 17:03 - Apr 3 with 2843 viewsJamie

Survival, worth a bet? on 16:56 - Apr 3 by BlackCrowe

What are the odds out of interest (all bookie sites blocked at work)?

8/1 to stay up

1/9 to go down.

For anyone feeling positive:

Reading/Villa/Norwich is 80/1
Reading/Villa/Sunderland is 33/1
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Survival, worth a bet? on 17:19 - Apr 3 with 2816 viewsPhilmyRs

Survival, worth a bet? on 17:03 - Apr 3 by Jamie

8/1 to stay up

1/9 to go down.

I'll take the 33/1, looks good to me.

The more I look at it the more I can see how crucial this weekend will be. If we win whilst Sunderland and Villa don’t, we have a decent chance. The last chance saloon as the saying goes. Putting £10 on survival now is me gambling on this weekend, if we lose then the bet’s over in my opinion, but win and I can see light at the end of the tunnel, and would be strangely confident.

Remaining fixtures

QPR — Wigan (h), Everton (a), Stoke (h), Reading (a), Arsenal (h), Newcastle (h), Liverpool (a)
Wigan — QPR (a), Man City (a), West Ham (a), Tottenham (h), West Brom (a), Swansea (h), Arsenal (a), Villa (h)
Villa — Stoke (a), Fulham (h), Man U (a), Sunderland (h) Norwich (a), Chelsea (h), Wigan (a)
Sunderland — Chelsea (a), Newcastle (a), Everton (h) Villa (a), Stoke (h), Southampton (h), Tottenham (a)

I think most teams would favour our fixtures at this point, and we should expect a minimum of 13 points, win the home games and get at least a draw in 1 of the remaining 3 away games. Arsenal will be the toughest home game but I think we could get a win at Reading and possibly a point at Everton which would cancel any loss out. I think 36 points keeps us up. I think we could claw back 4 points, not by winning every game, but because our rivals will struggle, mainly Sunderland and Villa. If the De Canio appointment backfires and Villa struggle to finish teams off that they should beat, such as when they face Fulham at home, we can take advantage, we’ve left it late, but we’re creating chances now, we won our last home game comfortably and should look to go for it on Sunday. Win and the great escape is back on, lose and that’s pretty much the end for this season.

Survival, worth a bet? on 20:30 - Apr 3 with 2738 viewsBlackCrowe

Survival, worth a bet? on 17:03 - Apr 3 by Jamie

8/1 to stay up

1/9 to go down.

If we win on Sunday the odds will plummet.

I'm sticking £10k on us staying up.

See you on the other side suckers.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Survival, worth a bet? on 20:42 - Apr 3 with 2715 viewsWestonsuperR

Why would anyone think we will win any games let alone most after witnessing the first half at Fulham? We were so bad against a team with nothing to play for that it was almost unbelievable.

We had a 2 week break and had to win that game and played like it was a pre-season friendly, nothing to suggest we have any fight left in us. Even worse was creating not a single chance for last 15mins against 10men.
Survival, worth a bet? on 23:24 - Apr 3 with 2656 viewsSW17_RRR

Survival, worth a bet? on 20:42 - Apr 3 by WestonsuperR

Why would anyone think we will win any games let alone most after witnessing the first half at Fulham? We were so bad against a team with nothing to play for that it was almost unbelievable.

We had a 2 week break and had to win that game and played like it was a pre-season friendly, nothing to suggest we have any fight left in us. Even worse was creating not a single chance for last 15mins against 10men.

At last someone being a realist!!!!!
Survival, worth a bet? on 23:38 - Apr 3 with 2635 viewsTheBlob

6/1?Seems a bit skinny,but given the odds will halve after we win on Sunday.....
Yeah,bollocks to it,I'll have a small tenner's worth.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Survival, worth a bet? on 08:13 - Apr 4 with 2583 viewsqprmick

Survival, worth a bet? on 16:48 - Apr 3 by pomanjou

Very interesting post Collegeboy. Good to see that and read Philmy's positive vibes in the OP.

Always best to be optimistic and look on the bright side. I mean, what is the point of pessimism in life?

So how much is your outlay?.Take some sort of accumulator bet on the remaining games and you will pay for your next season ticket.

Qprmick

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024