Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far 19:56 - Jul 23 with 4611 viewswaveydave

Previously i have been a much more active member of this forum, however due to half the team simply not caring last season i found myself not posting so much. Ive kept this lack of posting up throughout most of the off season as i dont enjoy false transfer speculation ect. But now we are under two weeks away from the first game of the season i feel its time to share my views regarding the approach to this season and seeing what others think about my opinions

Firstly, i would say that we can all agree that collectively we enjoyed watching Warnock's championship winning team because they cared. They showed their passion for winning football games on the pitch almost every match. When there was a 50/50 ball you could be sure that our players wanted the ball as much if not more than the other challenger. That completely went out the window last season for reasons we all know.
However i believe that Harry is attempting to change that and restore some passion, grit and determination to the pitch. He knows that these elements are core to any promotion challenge in this division. Thats why he has brought in simpson. Although he is know to be abit of a d*ckhead sometimes, this is what caused him to leave toon and he now has a point to prove or he wont be seeing the premier league again. Dunne is self-explanatory, leader who has captained clubs and country for a number of years. He will be a very positive influence in the changin room alike the derry, hills and nelsons. I can see him having a Nelson-esque season, over-reaching our expectations of him. Now we have henry aswell...another captain! And somebody who may start ahead of derry or fill in for him during the many games his body wont be able to take due to age.
And im tired of all this BS about we dont need another midfielder. I can see a number of our current ones leaving and some who stay are definitely NOT players i want to see week-in-week-out. I dont see him as somebody who was surplus at wolves due to his quality, Jackett knows he needs to make big changes to that teams mentality due to its recent changes and it would be hard to do that with a captain who has been at the core of the squad for so many seasons. Henry isnt a master on the ball but he will give it his all going into challenges and provide us with some physicality. Especially as it seems we will start wih faurlin who isnt physical, plus two small wingers.
More to come in awhile, tell me what you think
My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 20:02 - Jul 23 with 4591 viewseghamranger

Good piece and I and most will agree, interested to know what you think about our forward line.
My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 20:05 - Jul 23 with 4581 viewsRblockPrior

good piece and I agree with u completely, gd 2 c there are ppl with their head screwed on still

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 20:27 - Jul 23 with 4527 viewsWatfordR

Looks to me as follows:

GK - Green, Murphy. Job done
RB - Simpson, Young. With Harriman also available to cover Young if not fit, job done
LB - Suk Young. Traore probably to go, another LB required
CB - Dunne, Onuoha, Hill. Is Ehmer capable of providing cover. If not, another young, pacy CB required.
RM - Hoilett? SWP? Anyone's guess. At a guess, at least one other required.
LM - Vacant as far as I can see.
DCM - Henry, Derry, Jenas? Probably job done.
ACM - Faurlin. Probably all that will be available from current playing staff. Another one required.
Str - Zamora, Johnson. Enuff said. Could do with these two being backups.

so, I'd say LB, CB, anything up to four wide men, a creative midfielder and two strikers.

Lots to do.
My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 20:43 - Jul 23 with 4490 viewsbaz_qpr

As I was trying to allude to in another thread I don't really see the big picture and that is my problem, I don't necessarily agree with the view that lack of grit was our problem last year, IMHO it was lack of goals and the fact we could not create or put away what we did create or we were set up in a way that our midfield would get over run because we did not have the right players to play a midfield 2 against a 3.

My fear is that none of this seems to have been addressed and maybe it will be late in the transfer window that this happens and I am presuming that Remy will move on but I think that to have any hope in this league of promotion you need to be averaging around 2 goals a game and I just cant see how that is going to happen. I am also disappointed that despite him saying that he wants to stay we have frozen out Diakete, who I think going forward would tear up this league and if we are going to play a midfield two would get forward where as a midfield two of Faurlin and Derry/Henry is going to sit.

With regards to Warnock's team Warnock bought with a formation in mind and a way of playing.

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 20:52 - Jul 23 with 4459 viewsVish

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 20:43 - Jul 23 by baz_qpr

As I was trying to allude to in another thread I don't really see the big picture and that is my problem, I don't necessarily agree with the view that lack of grit was our problem last year, IMHO it was lack of goals and the fact we could not create or put away what we did create or we were set up in a way that our midfield would get over run because we did not have the right players to play a midfield 2 against a 3.

My fear is that none of this seems to have been addressed and maybe it will be late in the transfer window that this happens and I am presuming that Remy will move on but I think that to have any hope in this league of promotion you need to be averaging around 2 goals a game and I just cant see how that is going to happen. I am also disappointed that despite him saying that he wants to stay we have frozen out Diakete, who I think going forward would tear up this league and if we are going to play a midfield two would get forward where as a midfield two of Faurlin and Derry/Henry is going to sit.

With regards to Warnock's team Warnock bought with a formation in mind and a way of playing.

agree with this. Last season we had no creativity, and that was with Adel available.
Losing him, Remy not being fit, and a lack of goals in pre-season is a worry. Unless Hoilett and SWP perform miracles (evidence so far hasn't changed what we could expect from them next season) - i think we will struggle to create chances as well as struggle to put them away.
My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 21:05 - Jul 23 with 4413 viewswaveydave

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 20:27 - Jul 23 by WatfordR

Looks to me as follows:

GK - Green, Murphy. Job done
RB - Simpson, Young. With Harriman also available to cover Young if not fit, job done
LB - Suk Young. Traore probably to go, another LB required
CB - Dunne, Onuoha, Hill. Is Ehmer capable of providing cover. If not, another young, pacy CB required.
RM - Hoilett? SWP? Anyone's guess. At a guess, at least one other required.
LM - Vacant as far as I can see.
DCM - Henry, Derry, Jenas? Probably job done.
ACM - Faurlin. Probably all that will be available from current playing staff. Another one required.
Str - Zamora, Johnson. Enuff said. Could do with these two being backups.

so, I'd say LB, CB, anything up to four wide men, a creative midfielder and two strikers.

Lots to do.

In terms of our defence i am not overly confident however i do t believe we are desperate. As you say RB is sorted. With the centre i think we shall be fine with our current first teamers and yh i would like to see Ehmer given a chance, he is a big lad and i believe he could deal with the physicality of this league. However i havent seen him enough to judge, if hes doesnt make it by Harry's judgement i believe we will get a young CB on loan, i cant see anyone with good future prosepcts wanting to come to us. I know traore may want to leave and harry probably wants rid but i cant see him taking a pay cut plus what prem team would want him (assuming thats the reason traore wants to go)

Midfielders-
IMO in line with his usual ways Harry will go for a 442 so there will not be an attacking midfielder as you have described (unless we keep adel which is very unlikely)

The centre is sorted. Faurlin, Derry, Henry and Jenas. We should be comfortable if...IF faurlin returns to his level pre-injury. Im not going to write him off as he now has a pre-season under his belt and will have more time on the ball to pick a pass due to the lower level of opposition (hopefully you will interpret this how i mean, ale will find it easier to find space against championship players)
Hopefully he gets close to his old level, if he does he should be okay with any of those other 3 dependant on form/freshness/injury

I can see SWP starting on the right. He fits the Lennon mould of speed but not much quality. This doesnt fill me with confidence or excitement in the slightest as he really p*sses me off with that terrible ball, but i believe he can do a decent job at this level but nothing spectacular.
For me, Hoillet will start on the left cutting in as he did at blackburn to great success. Well i hope Harrys encourages him to do so as in my eyes he is most effective cutting in. Only reason i cant see him on the left is if we get townsend (please god), if so he will be on the right ahead of SWP
I am happy with mackie as backup to both winger roles if we dont get anyone. People put him down but he is effective in this league.

STRIKERS are an issue.

Bobby will start when fit, but imo that wont be more than 25games max unless his surgery + rehab went amazingly well. Harry usually goes for a target man and if zamora cant do this every game he needs a replacement for those games. Wether it be a loan or signing we need someone for sure.
As for the other striking position, i think we may get hooper as long as no premier league clubs come in, which he seems to be holding out for.
If we dont get hooper we wont be challenging for promotion imo (bar another big striker signing, unlikely as we only have any chance of getting hooper as hes in the crap SPL)
Mackie and johnson should be able to cover this spot together should the first choice be injured. People tend to forget how many goals mackie got upfront in our promotion season, he will deliver again should we retain him.
My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 21:20 - Jul 23 with 4373 viewswaveydave

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 20:43 - Jul 23 by baz_qpr

Yh i can see where your coming from however i have believe we have reason to have some confidence.

Last year gig was a problem. We had certain players there who were happy picking up the pay check without putting a shift in. Examples are bosingwa and boothryd, they didnt always play but training with these wimps and having to play beside them is also disheartening for other players making them give less. Whereas Henry and Dunne will make hard challenges and lead by example.

In my last post i forgot to mention remy. It will be a big plus of we keep him, additionally if we also sign hooper we have a good strike force i we dont have terrible injury woes. We still need another target man though and i hope jarrys addresses this.

I agree on diakite. He could do a great job in this league but we dont know the whole picture with him, whereas the club will know alot more on which they would have based this decision to freeze him out upon.

I see what you mean by not building a team with a formation in mind, but that happened under Hughes and harry couldnt turn that around in january. But now he has had the summer im sure he has addressed that, i dont trust harry but he is a much better manager than Hughes
My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 15:17 - Jul 24 with 4168 viewswaveydave

Plus in this pre-season we've done alot of fitness work which will pay dividends on the pitch

Look at samba last year. Decent player, yet ineffective as he simply couldnt keep up with the game
Login to get fewer ads

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 15:38 - Jul 24 with 4132 viewsMerthyrHoop

Squad for me at this moment in time:

Green, Murphy
Simpson, Harriman, Suk-Young, Traore
Hill, Onuoha, Dunne, Ehmer
Faurlin, Derry, Henry, Jenas, Sutherland
Mackie, Park, Hoilett, SWP
Zamora, Johnson

That is essentially the core 20 or 21 players, plus we can include any of the following list of players that we are unable to shift by the end of August which I imagine are surplus to requirements:

Cesar, Bosingwa, Young, Ferdinand, MBia, Diakite, Granero, Barton, Taarabt and Remy

Still a few players to sign. I would leave the goalkeepers (Lennox to cover, or a loanee in the event of injury), the defence and the centre midfield alone for now as theres enough cover there without spending out more money on transfers and wages.

If Mackie leaves as reports suggest, then I'd say we need another winger (hopefully Townsend), likewise for Hoilett. Then crucially we also need a few strikers, a link-up man and a goalscorer. Hooper and Crouch would be nice, basically anyone who can look after the ball so that we can bring attacking wingers into play so as to negate the requirement for an overly creative midfielder which we seem to lack.

Hopefully three more in, and ideally another eight or so out the door, and I reckon thats a squad strong enough to attempt to push for a play-off place.
My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 15:41 - Jul 24 with 4128 viewsRblockPrior

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 15:38 - Jul 24 by MerthyrHoop

Squad for me at this moment in time:

Green, Murphy
Simpson, Harriman, Suk-Young, Traore
Hill, Onuoha, Dunne, Ehmer
Faurlin, Derry, Henry, Jenas, Sutherland
Mackie, Park, Hoilett, SWP
Zamora, Johnson

That is essentially the core 20 or 21 players, plus we can include any of the following list of players that we are unable to shift by the end of August which I imagine are surplus to requirements:

Cesar, Bosingwa, Young, Ferdinand, MBia, Diakite, Granero, Barton, Taarabt and Remy

Still a few players to sign. I would leave the goalkeepers (Lennox to cover, or a loanee in the event of injury), the defence and the centre midfield alone for now as theres enough cover there without spending out more money on transfers and wages.

If Mackie leaves as reports suggest, then I'd say we need another winger (hopefully Townsend), likewise for Hoilett. Then crucially we also need a few strikers, a link-up man and a goalscorer. Hooper and Crouch would be nice, basically anyone who can look after the ball so that we can bring attacking wingers into play so as to negate the requirement for an overly creative midfielder which we seem to lack.

Hopefully three more in, and ideally another eight or so out the door, and I reckon thats a squad strong enough to attempt to push for a play-off place.

our chances of getting townsend went up today he had a mare for spurs and seemed like their gaffer was not impressed

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 15:51 - Jul 24 with 4114 viewsNorthernr

Solid signings aimed at preventing what happened to Wolves, which is a reasonably sensible place to start I guess.

People like Hooper and Austin would be the ones that hint at a swift return.
My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 15:57 - Jul 24 with 4097 viewsMerthyrHoop

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 15:41 - Jul 24 by RblockPrior

our chances of getting townsend went up today he had a mare for spurs and seemed like their gaffer was not impressed

This Nacer Chadli chap they've signed is also a winger I believe, and I'm not sure AVB is likely to pick Townsend ahead of Lennon, Bale, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Dempsey.

Time to go surely, although wouldn't be surprised if a Cardiff or Crystal Palace didn't swoop in with a loan move
My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 16:16 - Jul 24 with 4081 viewslondonscottish

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 15:51 - Jul 24 by Northernr

Solid signings aimed at preventing what happened to Wolves, which is a reasonably sensible place to start I guess.

People like Hooper and Austin would be the ones that hint at a swift return.

A good summary in two sentences

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 18:10 - Jul 25 with 3990 viewsderbyhoop

When the PL sides finalise their squads then there will be loan opportunities. Lingaard from Man Utd ???? He has scored goals for the first team on their pre-season tour and is not going to get a start ahead of RVP, Wayne, hernandes or Welbeck.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 18:45 - Jul 25 with 3948 viewsQPR1882

When did we sell Remy ?
My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 21:30 - Jul 25 with 3861 viewswaveydave

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 18:45 - Jul 25 by QPR1882

When did we sell Remy ?

Huh? Never said we did. See my third post, i forgot to mention him in the second.

I had it so drilled into my head that he was leaving this summer i forgot him
My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 08:40 - Jul 26 with 3754 viewsRblockPrior

Right trying to be optimistic, without speculation and what we actually have got atm I still think we can have a positive season next year, we still have Remy and until otherwise I think he will bang the goals in next year, I believe our bac four looks strong and like the season when we were promoted go a long way to any success we may have as for the midfield the potential is all to see and I really believe the likes of hoilett, jenas faurlin mbia granero can run rings around other teams midfield in the championship, with a couple more addition I believe deep down we can have a successful season

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 09:01 - Jul 26 with 3732 viewseghamranger

My opinion about this pre-season + signings so far on 08:40 - Jul 26 by RblockPrior

Right trying to be optimistic, without speculation and what we actually have got atm I still think we can have a positive season next year, we still have Remy and until otherwise I think he will bang the goals in next year, I believe our bac four looks strong and like the season when we were promoted go a long way to any success we may have as for the midfield the potential is all to see and I really believe the likes of hoilett, jenas faurlin mbia granero can run rings around other teams midfield in the championship, with a couple more addition I believe deep down we can have a successful season

😤OUTRAGEOUS....A positive and optimistic post!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024