Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De Guzman or Shelvey? 03:20 - Aug 9 with 10964 viewsSimonSwansea

I know it's very early days, but we've seen 90 mins each in a euro game. Just wondering who you prefer (or like the look of)?

A lot of arguments I know, Shelvey was probably involved in the more attacking game, and de Guzman looked tidier on the ball away from home.

World Cup year and both will be pushing for a international position... Nice competition to have!?

De Guzman looked out of it today... Not into his dead ball play either, seems wayward (COC final penalty aside)! Not escape goating! Any Dutch international is welcome!

Whoops, forgot about Ki! Like him, but probably a backup/cup player unfortunately despite a decent pre season. As long as he's not sh*gged out by his hot misses, hoping for a better season from him.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2013 3:28]
De Guzman or Shelvey? on 06:36 - Aug 9 with 7097 viewsLaudrupFan

Shelvey showed he is a great player during pre-season and the first Malmø game. He is exactly what the team needed in some games last season. He has power, energy, creativity, goal threat (also from distance), mixes up with long passes. In short a real playmaker. People compared him to Effenberg, Matthaus. Or you can compare him to Pirlo (a more physical version).

JDG is not a bad player and surely good enough, but just others are better at what he offers. He does not have a presence in midfield, does not dictate play, lousy long balls (even when the balls are dead) and not a playmaker. But he is doing fine as a ball mover. He is a Dutch international, but I guess he is not their playmaker. Yesterday Canas was offering more going forward. JDG can be used as cover for Britton, Canas. Or he can replace Shelvey when the team is ahead.

This is not something I am only saying because of last game. But if you try driving a Jaguar you notice when you get back on your bike. The team has moved up 2 levels from last season, but JDG just couldn't follow. He is already on loan (good thing he was not bought) so we're stuck with him for another season. Let him have a go in the cups. Perhaps try with Ki as cover for Shelvey or get Granero cheap (he can play on the wing too).

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 06:45 - Aug 9 with 7088 viewsLaudrupFan

Seems Rangel has also noticed that Shelvey adds something extra.
http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/story-19637137-detail/story.html#axzz2bRpVI7OT
(well who hasn't)

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 07:29 - Aug 9 with 7030 viewsDr_Winston

They've played one game each.

Just thought I'd point that out as a lot of people seem not to have realised.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 08:35 - Aug 9 with 6940 views2face

I don't think too many conclusions should be made from yesterdays game. Malmö wasn't a threat at any point. It looked like they were just trying to avoid a second humiliation. And being up 4 goals, it really wasn't Swanseas responsibility to create this game. A few times, everybody including Swansea's entire back four was on Malmö's side of the pitch. And when it's that crowded, it's really dificult to play pretty possession football.

It was a good workout. That's all.
De Guzman or Shelvey? on 08:57 - Aug 9 with 6900 viewsJackSomething

Since last week people on this forum have compared Shelvey to Gerrard and now Matthaus, Effenberg and Pirlo in this thread.

I like him and all, but some people are going to be very disappointed.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:03 - Aug 9 with 6879 viewsLaudrupFan

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 08:57 - Aug 9 by JackSomething

Since last week people on this forum have compared Shelvey to Gerrard and now Matthaus, Effenberg and Pirlo in this thread.

I like him and all, but some people are going to be very disappointed.

Hehe maybe...

Or maybe he will show the doubters that he is the new Gerrard...

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:06 - Aug 9 with 6873 viewsJackSomething

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:03 - Aug 9 by LaudrupFan

Hehe maybe...

Or maybe he will show the doubters that he is the new Gerrard...

Maybe, but I know which is more likely.

Also if I'm the one who is wrong, the humble pie will taste pretty good.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:31 - Aug 9 with 6814 viewsperchrockjack

For me Shelvey a far better option and a first starter.

How could that upset a person of normal genes

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:39 - Aug 9 with 6792 viewsihatechopra

Shelvey by a mile in the country !

Poll: Would you be happy if Garry monk is our next permanent manager ?

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:39 - Aug 9 with 6788 viewsJackSomething

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:31 - Aug 9 by perchrockjack

For me Shelvey a far better option and a first starter.

How could that upset a person of normal genes

Because you're basing that opinion on one game! You may well be right and if Laudrup starts Shelvey against Man U then fair enough as he sees him in training every day.

You're basing your opinion on 90 minutes of TV coverage and some highlights from meaningless pre-season friendlies, whereas JDG was consistently impressive for us over a very successful season.

Some of our fans are so irrational it's scary.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:45 - Aug 9 with 6766 viewsperchrockjack

Its entirely rational.
Its a fan thing.
You react to what you see.
JDG was pisspoor in every way whereas Shelvey was totally involved.
You simply replicated what you ve seen into a PL fixture and let your imagination take over.
Shelvey has real desire and is a powerful player.
JDG didn't do that last night.
Its only my opinion and if others share or don't shar it that's fine by me.
It IS irrational not to see that others might see things as you don't .

In my opinion, Shelvey WILL be a starter and for that matter eventually CANAS IN MY OPINION
Jeesh

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:49 - Aug 9 with 6756 viewsY_Cymro

Personally I thought Ki did ok when he came on. He seemed to want to drive forward with the ball which I liked. Maybe we're in for a better season with him this year as he's had time to settle, and now with his wife at his side we can hope to see better performances.
De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:52 - Aug 9 with 6746 viewsJackSomething

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:45 - Aug 9 by perchrockjack

Its entirely rational.
Its a fan thing.
You react to what you see.
JDG was pisspoor in every way whereas Shelvey was totally involved.
You simply replicated what you ve seen into a PL fixture and let your imagination take over.
Shelvey has real desire and is a powerful player.
JDG didn't do that last night.
Its only my opinion and if others share or don't shar it that's fine by me.
It IS irrational not to see that others might see things as you don't .

In my opinion, Shelvey WILL be a starter and for that matter eventually CANAS IN MY OPINION
Jeesh

No, I'm basing my opinion on how well JDG played last season and not jumping to conclusions based on one game.

Not to mention the circumstances of the games were totally different. Last night was a much-changed team and the tie was already effectively over, meaning no where near as much effort was expended.

Don't get me wrong, I want Shelvey to be brilliant for us and if he keeps JDG out of the team by playing well then I'll be delighted. I don't understand those who seem to want players to fail though.

While JDG was far from his best last night, it's as if people didn't see Shelvey pass the ball straight to Malmo players twice in the first leg, or miss the target with most of his shots. I didn't bother posting about it at the time because we played well, won comfortably and was impressed by Shelvey in the whole. Some people enjoy moaning more than others I suppose.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:57 - Aug 9 with 6723 viewsperchrockjack

ah last season.
Well I m basing mine on the here and now and from the few games I saw Shelvey play at Liverpool.
He s going to give us real presence and Im looking forward to him shafting the knobs who slagged off his signing-prbaly co he was a scoucer (sic).

I don't give a feck about last season,neither does Laudrup. Its this one that is all.

JDG should have been chomping on the bit last night and he wasn't -so we comment thus.

Anyway, W e re looking at coming down for Sunderland if I can get tickets.
You wanna meet up? Queens at 1pm.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 10:00 - Aug 9 with 6718 viewsBaker

Shelvey.

Why use a shítty little hire car when you've got yer Audi in the driveway?

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 10:14 - Aug 9 with 6676 viewsCatullus

On what I've seen so far, shelvey should start. That's not saying I want jdg to fail, but he needs to match shelvey's input. Which he didn't last night.
Shelvey is going to be a big player for us. I believe Rodgers made a mistake selling him, but hey, it's our gain

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 10:19 - Aug 9 with 6653 viewsperchrockjack

good post that last one.
Let me make it clear.
As Ive said before,I really don't giveahsuite about who plays for us.
If De Guzman has a blinding season I ll be over the moon.
If Shelvey proves to be a dog,then feckim.

How many actually enjoyed that performance last night/ It felt a bit of a chore to be honest and if they had the foot of the gas those who paid good money to go were short changed.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 10:27 - Aug 9 with 6622 viewswaynekerr55

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 10:19 - Aug 9 by perchrockjack

good post that last one.
Let me make it clear.

How many actually enjoyed that performance last night/ It felt a bit of a chore to be honest and if they had the foot of the gas those who paid good money to go were short changed.

To be fair, being 4 nil up they did what they had to. It wasn't great but it's a toughness that we've not had in years. The result of progression unfortunately

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 10:33 - Aug 9 with 6600 viewsJackSomething

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 10:19 - Aug 9 by perchrockjack

good post that last one.
Let me make it clear.

On this, we are in total agreement. As long as one of them plays well, I'm happy.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 10:36 - Aug 9 with 6590 viewsyescomeon

de Guzman should be nowhere near the dead ball now we have Shelvey in the team. I know it's only one game apiece but last season de Guzman was hardly impressive from a dead ball but was the best we had, Shelvey seems to be another level so far. Time will tell.

Upthecity!

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 10:52 - Aug 9 with 6567 viewsJJ08

Shelvey for me all day long......... Barring any injuries playing for the England U21 team, he will be starting the first game.
De Guzman or Shelvey? on 10:54 - Aug 9 with 6558 viewsJackSomething

Actually, I was wrong when I said I don't care which of them plays better as long as it helps the team.

I'd rather Shelvey be the better player, as he's actually our player and therefore more important to us.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 14:11 - Aug 9 with 6325 viewsperchrockjack

100% agree with that JS

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 14:19 - Aug 9 with 6308 viewsDrGonzo

People are writing De Guzman off after the season he had last year. Imbeciles.
De Guzman or Shelvey? on 14:29 - Aug 9 with 6283 viewsperchrockjack

writing him off?-How,where?
Last Year. Yeah, was just that-last year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024