Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Arctic Monkeys Album 15:19 - Sep 10 with 4036 viewsLOTR

Just finished listening to their new album for the 3rd or 4th time tonight and have to say I'm BLOWN away by the quality of their new stuff.

This band has constantly evolved and adapted and tried new ways of making music and this album has a totally different sound to their previous ventures on both Humbug and Suck it and See. This album feels like its mixed early 1990s G Funk rap beats(think Warren G) with some massive guitar rifts from a 70s rock band, it's a fantastic sound.

No doubt so will slag them off, but I still think they are one of, if not the, most exciting bands to come out from England in the last 10 years...possibly longer.

If you haven't got a copy of this album, do yourself a favour and have a listen, you won't be disappointed.
New Arctic Monkeys Album on 15:31 - Sep 10 with 3995 viewswombat

will wait for it to hit spotify but do love what ive heard so far from them the orginal sound was getting on my tits a tad

Poll: which is your favouite foot

New Arctic Monkeys Album on 15:36 - Sep 10 with 3986 viewsMonahoop

Not heard their new album apart from a couple tracks played on the radio, but I was impressed by their performance at Glastonbury. Good to see one or two decent rock bands still hanging in there in this day and age of play safe, rudderless, sterile music.

I'm more of a blues, r n b [old style], soul, jazz, punk afficianado, but I do agree with you, they are one of the best bands to have emerged in the past decade or so.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

New Arctic Monkeys Album on 15:41 - Sep 10 with 3964 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Heard a track on the Music thread last friday was pretty good. I await to hear more though before making a judgement.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2013 16:04]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

New Arctic Monkeys Album on 15:56 - Sep 10 with 3933 viewsA40Bosh

New Arctic Monkeys Album on 15:41 - Sep 10 by Metallica_Hoop

Heard a track on the Music thread last friday was pretty good. I await to hear more though before making a judgement.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2013 16:04]

Talli,

I am guessing that one track you certainly won't have to wait to hear before making a judgement on it is a cheeky little track that I am now calling "500 Miles to Never Never Land". It is a mash up of the Proclaimers 500 Miles and Enter Sandman. It happened by chance at the end of a gig last weekend at a wedding when our band usually ends the night with a p@sstake version of 500 Miles but last time during the intro (because the singer was waffling on so long about it being the last song of the night blah blah) our guitarist got bored and started playing the intro riff to Sandman over what I was chugging along to the bass. Once the drummer cottoned on what was occurring he started building it up and the crowd got excited and it kicked off rocking until I then came in with the 1st verse vocals of 500 Miles and changed the feel again!

I apologise profusely for the unforgiveable degrading of a Metallica hit, but I think we have created a new ending for our live set for the next couple of years.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

New Arctic Monkeys Album on 16:01 - Sep 10 with 3921 viewsMetallica_Hoop

New Arctic Monkeys Album on 15:56 - Sep 10 by A40Bosh

Talli,

I am guessing that one track you certainly won't have to wait to hear before making a judgement on it is a cheeky little track that I am now calling "500 Miles to Never Never Land". It is a mash up of the Proclaimers 500 Miles and Enter Sandman. It happened by chance at the end of a gig last weekend at a wedding when our band usually ends the night with a p@sstake version of 500 Miles but last time during the intro (because the singer was waffling on so long about it being the last song of the night blah blah) our guitarist got bored and started playing the intro riff to Sandman over what I was chugging along to the bass. Once the drummer cottoned on what was occurring he started building it up and the crowd got excited and it kicked off rocking until I then came in with the 1st verse vocals of 500 Miles and changed the feel again!

I apologise profusely for the unforgiveable degrading of a Metallica hit, but I think we have created a new ending for our live set for the next couple of years.

Get someone to vid it if you do it again, it sounds like great fun.

If the Gregorian Monks can do Metallica....

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

New Arctic Monkeys Album on 16:47 - Sep 10 with 3837 viewsPigbag

I've also listened to it 3 times and think it's a solid album but nothing special. After being really impressed with singles 'R U Mine' released last year and 'Do I wanna know' recently I was really excited for this but I found it to be their slowest album aside from Humbug. Still there isn't much better out there and am looking forward to seeing them in October at Earls Court.
New Arctic Monkeys Album on 17:04 - Sep 10 with 3803 viewsnedflanders

its an excellent Album - (although I may be biased as my brother in law produced it!!)

In a week which saw the painfully indescribable toss that is 'X-Factor' return to our screens, its nice to know there is still quality and talent to be found in our increasingly'suffocated with crap' British music industry.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2013 17:05]
New Arctic Monkeys Album on 17:18 - Sep 10 with 3775 viewsbosh67

Don't sit down cos I moved your chair is a fantastic song. Really good in the film, Limitless. Limitless BTW if you haven't seen it is a brilliant film, in the Fight Club mould.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

New Arctic Monkeys Album on 06:57 - Sep 11 with 3599 viewssmegma

The tracks I heard in the record shop the other day sounded more like VU/Lou Reed.
New Arctic Monkeys Album on 08:28 - Sep 11 with 3554 viewsconnell10

Have they got a best of out yet?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024