Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes on a Tightrope... 15:35 - Sep 29 with 4574 viewscoolranger

A man with 'massive ambition', perhaps a level of ambition that pushes even Jose Mourinho into the shadows.

But having made a complete mess of his time with us, he is now steadily leading his 'ProZone' coaching team and Stoke side into a relegation scrap.

Perhaps the squad just don't get the mesmerising game plans that he and his world class coaching team 'meticulously' prepare for each and every minute of each and every game.

Yes, Mark Hughes...he'll probably end up with a £30 million fortune made principally from management, before anyone realises that he's actually little more than average in terms of football management - no charisma, no real innovation, actually nothing beyond the mundane.

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 15:39 - Sep 29 with 3898 viewscollegeranger

Sjoke under Hughes after a good start are obviously now reaping the rewards of Hughes and the Tafia coaching style and imploding nicely. Bottom 3 by Xmas and scrapping and infighting until the end of the season.

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 15:41 - Sep 29 with 3887 viewsconnell10

totally agree mate and if he leads stoke to relegation that can only be a good thing as i hate that club and its chav fans!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 16:07 - Sep 29 with 3784 viewsJigsore

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 15:39 - Sep 29 by collegeranger

Sjoke under Hughes after a good start are obviously now reaping the rewards of Hughes and the Tafia coaching style and imploding nicely. Bottom 3 by Xmas and scrapping and infighting until the end of the season.

I wouldn't be so sure, Hughes' teams always take about 20 games to get going! ;)

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 16:28 - Sep 29 with 3710 viewscoolranger

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 16:07 - Sep 29 by Jigsore

I wouldn't be so sure, Hughes' teams always take about 20 games to get going! ;)

We focus on Hughes because he came to Rangers, proclaimed much and delivered a mess.

But if you take the time to review his entire managerial career you'll find a bloke who's team have delivered probably a 16th place finish in the PL.

Fact is he and his team have, and are, making an awful lot of money for doing little more than 'Team Allardyce' or 'Team Bruce' - lots of chest-thumping, we're going to work harder than ever proclamations, 'meticulous preparation' etc etc - which of course every other team is doing too. So the net result is you paddle like mad to stand still.

From everything I have seen of him he is introverted, detached, full of himself and supported by a team of hard workers (like Bowen), who are little more than artisans. So, despite their massive ambitions, they simply don't have the ability or resources to pull up any trees, wherever they go.

I suspect Stoke will be flirting with relegation this season - caught between the old effective Pulis system and trying to play just a little more of a passing game.
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 16:43 - Sep 29 with 3635 viewspomanjou

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 16:28 - Sep 29 by coolranger

We focus on Hughes because he came to Rangers, proclaimed much and delivered a mess.

But if you take the time to review his entire managerial career you'll find a bloke who's team have delivered probably a 16th place finish in the PL.

Fact is he and his team have, and are, making an awful lot of money for doing little more than 'Team Allardyce' or 'Team Bruce' - lots of chest-thumping, we're going to work harder than ever proclamations, 'meticulous preparation' etc etc - which of course every other team is doing too. So the net result is you paddle like mad to stand still.

From everything I have seen of him he is introverted, detached, full of himself and supported by a team of hard workers (like Bowen), who are little more than artisans. So, despite their massive ambitions, they simply don't have the ability or resources to pull up any trees, wherever they go.

I suspect Stoke will be flirting with relegation this season - caught between the old effective Pulis system and trying to play just a little more of a passing game.

I.'m so sad. It could not be happening to a nicer guy and such a meticulous planner

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 16:52 - Sep 29 with 3602 viewsWatford_Ranger

If he and Bowen got hit by a train tomorrow it wouldn't be a day too soon.
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 17:17 - Sep 29 with 3532 viewsbatmanhoop

his only hope is Palace and Sunderland look relegated already, just one more . . .foolham
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 17:43 - Sep 29 with 3445 viewsFredManRave

Sjoke got off to a good start but bearing in mind Hughes hasn't brought in loads of new players recent form would now suggest that he is starting to ungel the players that he inherited.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 17:57 - Sep 29 with 3408 viewscoolranger

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 17:43 - Sep 29 by FredManRave

Sjoke got off to a good start but bearing in mind Hughes hasn't brought in loads of new players recent form would now suggest that he is starting to ungel the players that he inherited.

Surely a man and manager of Hughes' undoubted high quality pedigree doesn't even need new players. He and his ProZone team should be able to transform a reasonable squad into a better unit?

I suspect he is now about four defeats away from PL oblivion.

Still, no doubt Barcelona will hire him next summer.
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 18:05 - Sep 29 with 3376 viewsTacticalR

Pocket billiards on a tightrope. Not everyone can do it.

Air hostess clique

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 19:35 - Sep 29 with 3216 viewscoolranger

Noticed Hughes is even using the same language in interviews as he did towards the death throws of his time with us - "well, we never saw today's performance coming (ie: Norwich), but we'll keep on working hard to rectify any errors that ProZone shows us".
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 19:40 - Sep 29 with 3194 viewseghamranger

Signed a 3 year contract.... What were the owners of Sjoke thinking.
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 19:40 - Sep 29 with 3194 viewsDoughnut

The Premier Leagues very own Carpetbagger. Knew it wouldn't take long!
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 05:32 - Sep 30 with 2983 viewsisawqpratwcity

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 19:40 - Sep 29 by eghamranger

Signed a 3 year contract.... What were the owners of Sjoke thinking.

Really? After the debacle here?

He must spin a very good 'QPR are completely toxic' line.

F*ck the c*nt.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 07:13 - Sep 30 with 2926 viewsbarbicanranger

Hughes should write a 'How to get the job' interview techniques book when he's done managing.
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 08:15 - Sep 30 with 2844 viewswalshy15a

I`m expecting and hoping for Stoke to crash & Burn...Hughes was the Bellend who brought most of the feint hearted mercenaries to W12 ...he`s an uninspiring dour welsh tw*t
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 08:28 - Sep 30 with 2805 viewsJonDoeman

Good old Clueless....now there's a manager worth moaning about...!!!

It Is What It Is !!

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 08:44 - Sep 30 with 2779 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Please, people, it's Mark Hughes O.B.E. It said so on his parking space.

Doff the cap and bend the knee.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 08:49 - Sep 30 with 2775 viewsElHoop

Listening to Hughes talking after the Norwich game and looking at the Stoke forum, it's like groundhog day. No ability to defend set pieces, pressed back by modest opposition, no plan B. It probably won't get any better either.
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 09:36 - Sep 30 with 2733 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

I wouldnt p*ss on Mark Hughes if he was on fire.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 09:45 - Sep 30 with 2713 viewssimmo

They have changed quite dramatically though, read somewhere that passing average so far this season is 11th overall in the premier league. The last 5 years under Pulis was 20th, 20th, 20th, 20th and 17th. Jesus.

I hope he fails spectacularly again but no doubt he can talk about 'job to change mentality' and all the other bollocks that covers up his uncharasmatic, lack of accountability bullshit.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 10:06 - Sep 30 with 2687 viewsJAPRANGERS

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 18:05 - Sep 29 by TacticalR

Pocket billiards on a tightrope. Not everyone can do it.

He is the world champion at PB you know??
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 10:49 - Sep 30 with 2645 viewsexiled_dictator

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 09:36 - Sep 30 by UPPERLOFTNZ

I wouldnt p*ss on Mark Hughes if he was on fire.

Wait a minute, let me get some matches.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 15:40 - Sep 30 with 2526 viewshoopdog

I wont be satisfied until there's a tightrope around his neck
es on a Tightrope... on 16:08 - Sep 30 with 2484 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 09:45 - Sep 30 by simmo

They have changed quite dramatically though, read somewhere that passing average so far this season is 11th overall in the premier league. The last 5 years under Pulis was 20th, 20th, 20th, 20th and 17th. Jesus.

I hope he fails spectacularly again but no doubt he can talk about 'job to change mentality' and all the other bollocks that covers up his uncharasmatic, lack of accountability bullshit.

They do pass it a lot but most of their passing happens 10 yards either side of the half way line. As soon as they try to get any closer to the opposition goal, they have the ball taken off them. And yesterday, they didnt half seem to pass a hell of a lot of high, long balls to that donkey Jones. Same old shite from the same old shite. I hope they drop off the bottom of the pools coupon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024