Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
another lycra clad prick 14:43 - Oct 12 with 33247 viewsloftboy

Nearly totalled me and my 8 year old on oxford street today, we were crossing at lights and the man was green, i wasnt very happy especially after one broke my daughters foot last year, yet after informing the prick of his bad judgement he abuses me!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

another lycra clad prick on 15:11 - Oct 14 with 1658 viewsdolcelatte

another lycra clad prick on 14:32 - Oct 14 by QPRDave

4 cars????.....didn't know you posted on here Prescott.
Oh btw just read ambulances have to be paid for in a road traffic accident,

When did we turn all American? £189 for an ambulance ffs...

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

another lycra clad prick on 15:25 - Oct 14 with 1633 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 15:11 - Oct 14 by dolcelatte

When did we turn all American? £189 for an ambulance ffs...

Mate of mine knackered his ankle one night in the good old USA. We ring paramedics who told us it was around 800 dollars for a five minute trip to the local hospital , we ended up driving him there his bill for X-rays crutches and a soft cast was around 1500 dollars seen treated and out in less than 2 hrs as well

Think it's closer to 2grand for an Ambulance to be called in the uk plus add to that cost of treatment in a NHS hospital

Still think cyclist shouldn't pay towards treatment if they are involved in an accident ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

another lycra clad prick on 15:42 - Oct 14 with 1620 viewsQPunkR

another lycra clad prick on 14:05 - Oct 14 by wombat

If you ride a cycle pay road tax for using it . You use the road the same as car drivers and you claim for shed loads if you fall off due to badly maintained roads , who pays the damages car drivers mostly , you expect to be helped by the police . Ambulance eats if you do have an accident yet you don't want to pay towards it

Absolutely typical ignoramus driver tripe right there, as others have pointed out RE: the constant, incorrect and tedious "you orrible mean cyclists don't pay Road Tax so I have the right to drive over you, reverse, and later shit on your great-grandparents graves" argument.
Well played, sir

QPR - "shit but local"

another lycra clad prick on 15:55 - Oct 14 with 1605 viewsdolcelatte

another lycra clad prick on 15:25 - Oct 14 by wombat

Mate of mine knackered his ankle one night in the good old USA. We ring paramedics who told us it was around 800 dollars for a five minute trip to the local hospital , we ended up driving him there his bill for X-rays crutches and a soft cast was around 1500 dollars seen treated and out in less than 2 hrs as well

Think it's closer to 2grand for an Ambulance to be called in the uk plus add to that cost of treatment in a NHS hospital

Still think cyclist shouldn't pay towards treatment if they are involved in an accident ?

Nah it's £189 for an ambulance per journey according to the dwp website. Then factor in outpatient fees of £627 or in patient fees of £770 PER DAY. They are nice enough to cap it at £46046 though... No wonder the lawyers chase accident claims so much...

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

another lycra clad prick on 15:55 - Oct 14 with 1605 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 15:42 - Oct 14 by QPunkR

Absolutely typical ignoramus driver tripe right there, as others have pointed out RE: the constant, incorrect and tedious "you orrible mean cyclists don't pay Road Tax so I have the right to drive over you, reverse, and later shit on your great-grandparents graves" argument.
Well played, sir

Yep that's me and they don't have squash well in a nice big 4x4 as well

Take it you like yellow Lycra then ?

As other have said plenty of crap drivers and plenty of cyclists with a death wish esp the ones who like to cycle down the inside of lorries , busses etc so let's see the Lycra brigade start paying there way , they are normally the first ones to complain when they fall off due to the badly maintained uk

So your happy to use the roads but expect the nasty little car drivers to help pay for there upkeep
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 16:00]

another lycra clad prick on 15:58 - Oct 14 with 1603 viewsQPunkR

another lycra clad prick on 15:55 - Oct 14 by wombat

As other have said plenty of crap drivers and plenty of cyclists with a death wish esp the ones who like to cycle down the inside of lorries , busses etc so let's see the Lycra brigade start paying there way , they are normally the first ones to complain when they fall off due to the badly maintained uk

So your happy to use the roads but expect the nasty little car drivers to help pay for there upkeep

Fúcking bullsh!t "let them pay their way"
You must be one of those cúnts on the road I can see getting all red-faced inside their metal box as cyclists freewheel through traffic at a standstill.

I don't like yellow lycra, but I do like keying the side of cars who actively try and run me over

QPR - "shit but local"

another lycra clad prick on 16:00 - Oct 14 with 1601 viewsJuzzie

another lycra clad prick on 15:55 - Oct 14 by wombat

They do pay their way via normal taxes, NI contributions etc like everyone else.

It's not about tax. It'll never happen but cyclists should be accountable & trackable therefore have registration plates. Go through a red light?..... *click* - £30 pound fine.

Do it enough times and they'll stop once the bills rack up.
another lycra clad prick on 16:04 - Oct 14 with 1592 viewsloftboy

another lycra clad prick on 15:58 - Oct 14 by QPunkR

You must be one of those cúnts on the road I can see getting all red-faced inside their metal box as cyclists freewheel through traffic at a standstill.

I don't like yellow lycra, but I do like keying the side of cars who actively try and run me over

Openly admitting to criminal damage on a public forum?

Login to get fewer ads

another lycra clad prick on 16:06 - Oct 14 with 1583 viewswombat

And I rest my case about cyclists reading that , you sum up a hell of a lot of numptys who ride bikes who think they own the road , can't wait for you to post up about some nasty man sparking you you the next time you key his shiny box

another lycra clad prick on 16:08 - Oct 14 with 1577 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 16:04 - Oct 14 by loftboy

Openly admitting to criminal damage on a public forum?

He's doing his bit for the environment though !

another lycra clad prick on 17:13 - Oct 14 with 1519 viewschris1969

another lycra clad prick on 12:30 - Oct 14 by Rs_Holy

I think it’s confession time…”Forgive me father for I have cycled!!!”... But I also drive a car…

So here is my “balanced” view of the whole argument.

Are there are a lot of tw@tish cyclists out there? Yes, particularly in built up areas. I almost totalled one this morning turning left into work, I was indicating and she still flew past me (with NO HELMET) probably doing 20 mph plus (I braked just in time).

So do I always stop at red lights when cycling? … No is the simple answer. I go through red lights if there are no pedestrians or cars nearby (which happens a lot in the places I cycle btw). I know it’s wrong but there is absolutely no risk to anyone when I do this!

Do I go up the inside of Lorries or buses at traffic lights?… Never. I would never do this as I know it’s a blind spot and quite often these vehicles do not indicate.

Do I go up one way streets the wrong way?… I have only done this once (when I was lost in Hammersmith and heading for the Broadway). I would not do it again tho.

Do I ever go out in poor visibility without lights? Never, I have 2 rear lights, one very bright front light and a high vis ruck sack cover (for commuting to work). There are plenty who do not have lights which is unforgivable imho.

As for drivers… I would say 99.9% are brilliant… But you do get the occasional white van that dishes out abuse for absolutely no reason. You also get the odd idiot who simply don’t look when turning or pulling out, and the occasional insecure driver who insist on driving in the cycle lane. Overall though I would say the standard of driving is very good.

If I could redress the balance of the argument slightly back towards the humble cyclist, I would like to point out the money that is generated from sponsored cycle events. There are literally thousands of these events a year, raising millions of pounds. Last month I took part in the London Bikathon raising money for Leukaemia research. Geoff Thomas, the former Palace and England footballer, was 1 group ahead of me.

To all the anti-cyclists I would say you’re going to have to get used to the roads being full of bikes. It is the future and, If Borris gets his way, facilities and infrastructure will be tailored more for the cyclist and less for the cars, vans and lorries.

This +1

good balanced view
another lycra clad prick on 17:15 - Oct 14 with 1518 viewsQPR1882

another lycra clad prick on 16:00 - Oct 14 by Juzzie

They do pay their way via normal taxes, NI contributions etc like everyone else.

It's not about tax. It'll never happen but cyclists should be accountable & trackable therefore have registration plates. Go through a red light?..... *click* - £30 pound fine.

Do it enough times and they'll stop once the bills rack up.

So you recon NI contributions go towards the upkeep of highways do you ?

Cyclists pay fck all towards the up keep of our highways abuse the rules and regulations governing the highways and then moan like fck about their treatment on the highways.

YOU HAVE CYCLE LANES USE THEM, MOTOR VEHICLES HAVE LANES THAT WE HAVE TO USE DONT COME IN OURS AND WE WONT COME IN YOURS.

If there is a cyclist on here that is insured to go on the road, has his bike checked once a year for road worthiness and safety ( let's call it a BOT ), is registered with Swansea and displays a registration plate maybe then you have a right to moan,until such time don't.
another lycra clad prick on 17:22 - Oct 14 with 1506 viewsJeff

another lycra clad prick on 17:15 - Oct 14 by QPR1882

Cyclists pay fck all towards the up keep of our highways abuse the rules and regulations governing the highways and then moan like fck about their treatment on the highways.

YOU HAVE CYCLE LANES USE THEM, MOTOR VEHICLES HAVE LANES THAT WE HAVE TO USE DONT COME IN OURS AND WE WONT COME IN YOURS.

If there is a cyclist on here that is insured to go on the road, has his bike checked once a year for road worthiness and safety ( let's call it a BOT ), is registered with Swansea and displays a registration plate maybe then you have a right to moan,until such time don't.

Utter, complete and total @rsewater, of the highest order.

Highways are paid for, and upkept out of GENERAL TAXATION.

They are not, and have not been since circa 1930, been paid for by motorists and 'Road Tax' (which doesn't exist...)

As a higher taxpaying cyclist, I pay a damn site more than 'fck all' towards the upkeep of the highways, thank you very much...
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 17:25]

Can we not knock it?

another lycra clad prick on 17:23 - Oct 14 with 1503 viewshopphoops

Cheers everyone, I was feeling a bit nostalgic for the Smoke, you've snapped me well and truly out of it :)

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

another lycra clad prick on 17:30 - Oct 14 with 1496 viewsQPR1882

another lycra clad prick on 17:22 - Oct 14 by Jeff

Utter, complete and total @rsewater, of the highest order.

Highways are paid for, and upkept out of GENERAL TAXATION.

They are not, and have not been since circa 1930, been paid for by motorists and 'Road Tax' (which doesn't exist...)

As a higher taxpaying cyclist, I pay a damn site more than 'fck all' towards the upkeep of the highways, thank you very much...
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 17:25]

I take it all your on the spot fines for not having lights,jumping red lights, travelling wrong way up one way streets,riding on pavements,riding in pedestrian only high streets etc etc etc help towards the highways as well.

Well done to cyclist.

By the way do yo have to pay a separate tax,insurance and have a mot to have the right to travel on said highway and if not why ?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 17:33]
another lycra clad prick on 17:41 - Oct 14 with 1486 viewsJuzzie

Have you actually read all of the threads on here?

The upkeep of the highways is paid for out of the general Tax pool, which cyclists do contribute to (those who work which I assume most do if they are commuting).

I used NI contributions as a way of illustrating that everyone pays towards medical services when needed in the event of an accident.

I may be frustrated with cyclists antics with red lights etc but even I realise they do contribute.

Again, my beef is with them ignoring the Highway Code and not being accountable and traceable for their actions.

No point getting all "Mr. Angry" at me about it, I agree that they should be insured and registered. I saw a cyclist years ago swerve from behind a bus causing a low speed motorcyclist to brake so suddenly he lost grip on his front wheel and the bike hit the deck. The cyclist swanned off into the distance leaving the biker to pick up the cost of repairing his broken mirror, broken indicator and probably dented exhaust pipe.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 17:44]
another lycra clad prick on 17:48 - Oct 14 with 1476 viewsQPR1882

another lycra clad prick on 17:41 - Oct 14 by Juzzie

The upkeep of the highways is paid for out of the general Tax pool, which cyclists do contribute to (those who work which I assume most do if they are commuting).

I used NI contributions as a way of illustrating that everyone pays towards medical services when needed in the event of an accident.

I may be frustrated with cyclists antics with red lights etc but even I realise they do contribute.

Again, my beef is with them ignoring the Highway Code and not being accountable and traceable for their actions.

No point getting all "Mr. Angry" at me about it, I agree that they should be insured and registered. I saw a cyclist years ago swerve from behind a bus causing a low speed motorcyclist to brake so suddenly he lost grip on his front wheel and the bike hit the deck. The cyclist swanned off into the distance leaving the biker to pick up the cost of repairing his broken mirror, broken indicator and probably dented exhaust pipe.

Apologize the mr angry was aimed at cyclist not you.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 18:06]
another lycra clad prick on 17:48 - Oct 14 with 1475 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 17:41 - Oct 14 by Juzzie

Let's hope that cyclists come under the same road rules and are penalised the same way as car drivers sometimes soon , run a red light in a car you get a fine do it in a bike your getting a head start in the car , go up a street the wrong way 3points and a fine in a car on a bike nah

Cyclist hits a pedestrian crossing legally on the rd who pays the bill ?
Cyclist causes an accident while jumping a red light who pays the bill ?

No problem atall with cyclists but let's see them under the same rules and regs as other road users

another lycra clad prick on 17:48 - Oct 14 with 1475 viewsJeff

another lycra clad prick on 17:30 - Oct 14 by QPR1882

I take it all your on the spot fines for not having lights,jumping red lights, travelling wrong way up one way streets,riding on pavements,riding in pedestrian only high streets etc etc etc help towards the highways as well.

Well done to cyclist.

By the way do yo have to pay a separate tax,insurance and have a mot to have the right to travel on said highway and if not why ?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 17:33]

I assume your suggestion about all *our* on the spot fines suggests that you think that all *your* on the spot fines contribute to the roads in some way? (and i wholeheartedly endorse spot-fining bad cyclists as it goes...)

All your on the spot fines for doing all sorts of illegal things (I thought only cyclists did illegal things?) go into the Government Treasury. Which is the Government's general fund, and not one specific to the upkeep of the roads. Meaning that unless the average lay person is copping a substantial amount of road fines (perish the thought...) i'm STILL paying more every year towards the upkeep of the roads than the average person.

the Tax issue we've already dealt with - it's a vehicle emissions tax, and my bike doesn't give any. And as it goes, i do have insurance, and i do also have a yearly check up on my bike. but i'm not obligated to because the government doesn't ask me to. If they asked me to, i would happily subscribe to it. don't hate the player, hate the game and all that...

you may eventually come round to the idea that not all cyclists are bad. i certainly don't think all car drivers are bad...

Can we not knock it?

another lycra clad prick on 17:56 - Oct 14 with 1466 viewsQPR1882

another lycra clad prick on 17:48 - Oct 14 by Jeff

I assume your suggestion about all *our* on the spot fines suggests that you think that all *your* on the spot fines contribute to the roads in some way? (and i wholeheartedly endorse spot-fining bad cyclists as it goes...)

All your on the spot fines for doing all sorts of illegal things (I thought only cyclists did illegal things?) go into the Government Treasury. Which is the Government's general fund, and not one specific to the upkeep of the roads. Meaning that unless the average lay person is copping a substantial amount of road fines (perish the thought...) i'm STILL paying more every year towards the upkeep of the roads than the average person.

the Tax issue we've already dealt with - it's a vehicle emissions tax, and my bike doesn't give any. And as it goes, i do have insurance, and i do also have a yearly check up on my bike. but i'm not obligated to because the government doesn't ask me to. If they asked me to, i would happily subscribe to it. don't hate the player, hate the game and all that...

you may eventually come round to the idea that not all cyclists are bad. i certainly don't think all car drivers are bad...

It's not the player or the game I hate, what I hate is cheats within the game ,Drogba in football,Armstrong etc etc.

If cyclist want a fair crack fair play, abide by the rules but don't start crying when it goes tits up and start quoting Highway Code/ rules etc when you have not kept to them. If I jump a red light and I am involve led in an accident it is my fault, I just expect the same if a cyclist does it. In my experience this is not the case.
another lycra clad prick on 18:13 - Oct 14 with 1456 viewsJuzzie

another lycra clad prick on 17:48 - Oct 14 by QPR1882

Apologize the mr angry was aimed at cyclist not you.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 18:06]

ah, OK
another lycra clad prick on 18:40 - Oct 14 with 1437 viewsQPRDave

you call him a c*nt?????????
another lycra clad prick on 20:09 - Oct 14 with 1390 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 18:40 - Oct 14 by QPRDave

you call him a c*nt?????????

Punk r seems to have gone very quiet after that comment maybe he's to busy keying people's cars to post

If your around punk quick question I presume to have ur keys ready so any incidents of savage driving towards you ? Or do you turn round key the car then cycle off like a peddling warrior of all things good in Lycra ?

another lycra clad prick on 21:00 - Oct 14 with 1354 viewsmase

This post is so misinformed it's hard to know where to begin. I regularly cycle in London and bike lanes are often little more than afterthoughts in the carving up of road space.

They are by no means on every street (obviously they can't be) so there will invariably be times (the majority of times, indeed) during which the cyclist will have to be in what you laughably term "your" (i.e. motorists' lane). Cycles are prohibited from certain roads and rightly so, but to suggest that they should stick to 'cycle lanes only' would be effecitvely to proscribe any normal journey made by bikes.

Cyclists are often, guess what, working and paying taxes. If you think that £150 or so "car tax" (note I am calling it car tax, not road tax) is hypothecated and sufficient to pays for substantially all or even a tenth of the maintenance of the highways then bully for you, but you're wrong.

In fact, it could be said that given the damage cars and trucks cause to the road surface they should be paying more to use them than they do. Probably wouldn't win many votes, mind, but it's a fact that the damaging power of a vehicle on a road is polynomial to the fourth power of the individual axle load. Thus a truck with 20 tons load on each axle causes 10,000 times as much damage to the road as a car with 2 tons on each axle, Likewise that same car does 10,000 times as much damage to the road as a typical 200lb bike and rider.

Most cyclists are keen to arrive at their destinations in one piece and should have a reasonable expectation of doing so. Ensuring mechanical soundness is common sense to me but I know that is not universal, ditto obeying signals and restrictions. I agree there's more that could be done to encourage and educate people in these respects, but I can tell you that as I coast past lines of frustrated people alone in their metal boxes, variously fiddling with their ipods, phones, hair, make-up, going nowhere in a contraption that takes up at least ten times the space of a bike for what are often short journeys, cyclists aren't the only ones flouting the laws of the roads. And yes, I admit I feel a smug satisfaction of the delaying effect their collective selfishness has on them.

The roads are already too crowded. Most journeys are short enough to complete by bike. Cycling injects exercise into otherwise sedantary lifestyles. For all these reasons and more, we should be encouraging people, particularly in London, to cycle. The things you list in your final paragraph will have the opposite effect.
another lycra clad prick on 21:26 - Oct 14 with 1333 viewsloftboy

another lycra clad prick on 21:00 - Oct 14 by mase

This post is so misinformed it's hard to know where to begin. I regularly cycle in London and bike lanes are often little more than afterthoughts in the carving up of road space.

They are by no means on every street (obviously they can't be) so there will invariably be times (the majority of times, indeed) during which the cyclist will have to be in what you laughably term "your" (i.e. motorists' lane). Cycles are prohibited from certain roads and rightly so, but to suggest that they should stick to 'cycle lanes only' would be effecitvely to proscribe any normal journey made by bikes.

Cyclists are often, guess what, working and paying taxes. If you think that £150 or so "car tax" (note I am calling it car tax, not road tax) is hypothecated and sufficient to pays for substantially all or even a tenth of the maintenance of the highways then bully for you, but you're wrong.

In fact, it could be said that given the damage cars and trucks cause to the road surface they should be paying more to use them than they do. Probably wouldn't win many votes, mind, but it's a fact that the damaging power of a vehicle on a road is polynomial to the fourth power of the individual axle load. Thus a truck with 20 tons load on each axle causes 10,000 times as much damage to the road as a car with 2 tons on each axle, Likewise that same car does 10,000 times as much damage to the road as a typical 200lb bike and rider.

Most cyclists are keen to arrive at their destinations in one piece and should have a reasonable expectation of doing so. Ensuring mechanical soundness is common sense to me but I know that is not universal, ditto obeying signals and restrictions. I agree there's more that could be done to encourage and educate people in these respects, but I can tell you that as I coast past lines of frustrated people alone in their metal boxes, variously fiddling with their ipods, phones, hair, make-up, going nowhere in a contraption that takes up at least ten times the space of a bike for what are often short journeys, cyclists aren't the only ones flouting the laws of the roads. And yes, I admit I feel a smug satisfaction of the delaying effect their collective selfishness has on them.

The roads are already too crowded. Most journeys are short enough to complete by bike. Cycling injects exercise into otherwise sedantary lifestyles. For all these reasons and more, we should be encouraging people, particularly in London, to cycle. The things you list in your final paragraph will have the opposite effect.

All I ask for is for the cyclist ( I used to be one) obey traffic lights so that pedestrians can cross an already busy road without the fear of injury. The bloke on Saturday not only ran a pedestrian crossing on red he abused me for pointing out the error of his ways.Had I not been with my 8 year old I would of taken wombats advice and thumped him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024