Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall 02:29 - Oct 19 with 6279 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

I have a soft spot for them for the fact that they are very similar club to us.
QPR , Millwall and Leyton Orient are the true ...what I would call .....the closest thing to working class football teams due to the fact we've always kept a similar hardcore average support over the last 20/30 years regardless of league positions.
We're not fashionable but very passionate and similar in many aspects, but at the same time quite unique from one another obviously.

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Millwall on 09:05 - Oct 19 with 6195 viewsisawqpratwcity

You'd have to doubt that Millwall and Orient look at us and think we're like them.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Millwall on 09:11 - Oct 19 with 6174 viewsmakaveli1882

I hate the Caants
Millwall on 09:16 - Oct 19 with 6167 viewskingsburyR

We're boutique darling!

Can't say that about the Wall!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Millwall on 09:34 - Oct 19 with 6142 viewsPommyhoop

Millwall on 09:16 - Oct 19 by kingsburyR

We're boutique darling!

Can't say that about the Wall!

Give me all the names of the fans who say we are like the Wall !!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Millwall on 09:40 - Oct 19 with 6133 viewsPunteR

I dont like them,bunch of hooligans from east london,and thats all they're known for whereas we are known for being loyal fans thats had a torrid time being a badly run club for years. "NO one likes us we dont care" couldnt be applied to us.
We are working class class, they've got no class.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 10:01]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Millwall on 10:03 - Oct 19 with 6087 viewsBromleyHoop

My Dad took me to the old Den back in the 70's and as an introduction to football it was scary stuff. I've been back many times since and the humour from the terraces can be absolutely brilliant at times.

I was actually at the last ever match at the Den which turned into a bit of a scrap as the fans invaded the pitch and tore up whatever they could as momentoes. This included stripping Kasey Keller almost naked. It was actually very funny.

Always had a soft spot for them.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Millwall on 10:13 - Oct 19 with 6070 viewskitkev

Millwall on 09:40 - Oct 19 by PunteR

I dont like them,bunch of hooligans from east london,and thats all they're known for whereas we are known for being loyal fans thats had a torrid time being a badly run club for years. "NO one likes us we dont care" couldnt be applied to us.
We are working class class, they've got no class.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 10:01]

Actually were South East London, many moons ago we were isle of dogs
Millwall on 10:22 - Oct 19 with 6058 viewsPommyhoop

Millwall on 10:13 - Oct 19 by kitkev

Actually were South East London, many moons ago we were isle of dogs

kitkev..Have you ever been in the Asylum pub? Mad boozer. A few of us went on their annual beano to Amsterdam:
We met in the Asylum at about 6 in the morning for a few before the coach to the ferry.. Was funny singing 'We hate those bastards in claret an blue'that early in the morning...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall on 10:41 - Oct 19 with 6017 viewskitkev

Millwall on 10:22 - Oct 19 by Pommyhoop

kitkev..Have you ever been in the Asylum pub? Mad boozer. A few of us went on their annual beano to Amsterdam:
We met in the Asylum at about 6 in the morning for a few before the coach to the ferry.. Was funny singing 'We hate those bastards in claret an blue'that early in the morning...

no mucker blu boy Barnaby golden lion back in the day, the ayslum i understand were part of the T28 at Newcasle back in the Day.

NEVER TO EARLY TO SING ANTI VERMIN SONGS.
have a good one.
Millwall on 10:44 - Oct 19 with 6014 viewsstansleftfoot

A great little club, they are like the child who causes chaos on the school day out, don't cause too much real trouble anymore, will happily fight amongst themselves if they can't get at the opposition.
We have untold player connections all the way back to Barry Bridges, I think, how big the Clubs are is reflected how mostly the transfers are from West to East.
One of the first results I look for, many similarities to QPR but probably missed out on the lunatic business connections and therefore investment we've had due to location and the bonkers fans.
Looking forward to a testing day, this is a real test of QPR's mettle, Barton key game, can he stay cool after being bored for two weeks, I'll be interested to see whether Harry starts Faurlin or Henry.
Read Eamon Dunphy's "it's only a game" only bettered by our Stan's book for a real insight into 1970's football.
I'd take Millwall to be my second london club over all the rest, no threat, play good dynamic football, usually have an ex-QPR player on the pitch. Fans funny, no longer dangerous!
Millwall on 11:08 - Oct 19 with 5973 viewskitkev

Millwall on 10:44 - Oct 19 by stansleftfoot

A great little club, they are like the child who causes chaos on the school day out, don't cause too much real trouble anymore, will happily fight amongst themselves if they can't get at the opposition.
We have untold player connections all the way back to Barry Bridges, I think, how big the Clubs are is reflected how mostly the transfers are from West to East.
One of the first results I look for, many similarities to QPR but probably missed out on the lunatic business connections and therefore investment we've had due to location and the bonkers fans.
Looking forward to a testing day, this is a real test of QPR's mettle, Barton key game, can he stay cool after being bored for two weeks, I'll be interested to see whether Harry starts Faurlin or Henry.
Read Eamon Dunphy's "it's only a game" only bettered by our Stan's book for a real insight into 1970's football.
I'd take Millwall to be my second london club over all the rest, no threat, play good dynamic football, usually have an ex-QPR player on the pitch. Fans funny, no longer dangerous!

Agree Mate Birch loves the wall as well, seems to be the last couple of years with the advent of the cyber warrior a lot of wall started to get the hump, with qpr as before they were never on the radar in that sense although it seems to have calmed it self down now.

Henry would be the best candidate for the game as the atmo and tackles will be a little hostile.

Barton will either lap it up or as you say lose his rag

If you get a chance read Calvins Book Family really good insight to a small clubs running.
Millwall on 11:19 - Oct 19 with 5955 viewsstansleftfoot

Millwall on 11:08 - Oct 19 by kitkev

Agree Mate Birch loves the wall as well, seems to be the last couple of years with the advent of the cyber warrior a lot of wall started to get the hump, with qpr as before they were never on the radar in that sense although it seems to have calmed it self down now.

Henry would be the best candidate for the game as the atmo and tackles will be a little hostile.

Barton will either lap it up or as you say lose his rag

If you get a chance read Calvins Book Family really good insight to a small clubs running.

"If you get a chance read Calvins Book Family really good insight to a small clubs running"
Thanks for this, I'll get on the case right now...
I'm kind of nervous but that's a QPR fans DNA for you, all signs, form and strength of the squad tell us that we should get a couple of goals to nil...
So I guess a Fighting Richard Dunne to get his goal from a corner finally, a Charlie Austin penalty for a foul on Holiet....come on you R'rrrs....0-2
Millwall on 11:37 - Oct 19 with 5931 viewsstansleftfoot

Birch has got the culture of the Boot room in his blood, he's got youth team players turned out properly, and learning great habits. That comes from old fashioned values and the EDS at QPR is showing some good signs of progress because of that.
The fear for me is Lomas might go and we could lose another eastwards...A fine choice for a new manager at Millwall...A great win today could get Mark Bircham a new job. Got to win the game first and I don't think it's going to be that easy. The passing game might level it out if Millwall get their blood up. It's got the feel of a FA Cup London derby to me today....looking forward to it. May the best team win. Off down the Library to 'Family, Life, death and Football' Thanks KitKev!!
Millwall on 11:14 - Oct 20 with 5755 viewsNortholt_Rs

No true QPR fan could ever say anything nice about that scumbag bunch of c@nts....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Millwall on 11:24 - Oct 20 with 5732 viewsSomersetHoops

Millwall on 09:05 - Oct 19 by isawqpratwcity

You'd have to doubt that Millwall and Orient look at us and think we're like them.

I think and hope you are completely wrong. Millwall have long been associated with thuggish behaviour by their fans and although our club like most has its band of idiots Millwall seems to attract them like flies to a corpse and they are not condemned by the Millwall management who always seem to find some excuse for the inexcusable. I will not attend any matches where Millwall play for that reason.

Who's Next?

Millwall on 13:17 - Oct 20 with 5599 viewsstansleftfoot

Football League Club's that can take the moral high ground when it comes to fans behaviour. I'm not sure their fan's can do. I'm not attempting to ignore Millwall's history but I do see Millwall's background in the light of it's culture, history and location. The challenge of Football Clubs sorting out fans behaviour remains, both QPR and Millwall fail to get the FA family award every year.
I'm astonished at fellow QPR fans speaking like this in the light of Leon Hughes 5 year sentence for stabbing 60' something Everton man in the chest as he defended a girl from Hughes last year.
I'm as pissed off as any QPR fan as dropping points but I cannot disguise my cynism and amusement when I hear that one Club's fan's are somehow better than another.
The Teams might be better but sadly the Football Fan as a group is damned by reckless individuals and they ever will be.
Gordan Jago, who as all 'true' QPR fan's will know managed Millwall with Frank McLintock. He made huge in-roads both on the pitch and off it, he suggested to change the Stadium name from The Den, Cold Blow Lane, to Montego Bay. The Directors thought it a bad idea, shortly after Panorama investigated to find that Football fan Violence was developing as a result of racist and right wing groups operating within the environment of the working class game.
QPR where great yesterday but dropped a couple of points as much by the opposing side as the opposing fans...where have I have seen that so many times over the last 45 years....LOFTUS ROAD
Millwall on 13:21 - Oct 20 with 5588 viewstimcocking

I like Millwall.

Except not this morning.
Millwall on 16:58 - Oct 20 with 5485 viewskysersosaqpr

Millwall on 10:03 - Oct 19 by BromleyHoop

My Dad took me to the old Den back in the 70's and as an introduction to football it was scary stuff. I've been back many times since and the humour from the terraces can be absolutely brilliant at times.

I was actually at the last ever match at the Den which turned into a bit of a scrap as the fans invaded the pitch and tore up whatever they could as momentoes. This included stripping Kasey Keller almost naked. It was actually very funny.

Always had a soft spot for them.

Yeah I've got a soft spot for em too..... Down the bottom of the garden got some quicksand.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Millwall on 19:28 - Oct 20 with 5370 viewsbatmanhoop

their last visit to the Bush was like going into a war zone, if that atmosphere became the norm the game will be dead in 5 years
Millwall on 21:09 - Oct 20 with 5282 viewsqprewan

Millwall on 19:28 - Oct 20 by batmanhoop

their last visit to the Bush was like going into a war zone, if that atmosphere became the norm the game will be dead in 5 years

Yes it was like a warzone but I think we need to look at some of our own fsns too to understsnd why. As the millwall fan on here correctly alluded to; some Millwall fans were determined to put us in our place because a few years ago we started to get a bit of a reputation ourselves as having a bit of a firm- it doesn't surprise me at all to hear that our own idiots had been giving it large over the Internet. Before everyone starts shouting about how bad millwall are, start looking around you- I heard a number of Qpr fans bragging at half time about "running millwall all over Surrey quays" before the game - I suspect this was all made up rubbish but if these same clowns keep it up on the Internet then we can expect the same sort of trouble again next time we play them at home. I am not saying that the trouble was all our fault but simply some of our own contributed to it and made things worse.
Millwall on 21:40 - Oct 20 with 5232 viewsBexleyQPR

Millwall on 21:09 - Oct 20 by qprewan

Yes it was like a warzone but I think we need to look at some of our own fsns too to understsnd why. As the millwall fan on here correctly alluded to; some Millwall fans were determined to put us in our place because a few years ago we started to get a bit of a reputation ourselves as having a bit of a firm- it doesn't surprise me at all to hear that our own idiots had been giving it large over the Internet. Before everyone starts shouting about how bad millwall are, start looking around you- I heard a number of Qpr fans bragging at half time about "running millwall all over Surrey quays" before the game - I suspect this was all made up rubbish but if these same clowns keep it up on the Internet then we can expect the same sort of trouble again next time we play them at home. I am not saying that the trouble was all our fault but simply some of our own contributed to it and made things worse.

Altho' the 'wall fans were unusually quiet yesterday, all three sides of the Den came alive with their club anthem 'Let 'em come.' when they scored. Millwall are a club that has v. passionate fans who have no need for singing sections, have no time for stewards and say what they like to intimidate away fans and teams. In my book they are the right type of fans that we need more of . Prefer them to the likes of our West London Tarquins who sit silently in neutral sections munching their prawn eating sandwiches out of their Waitrose bags.

Poll: Are QPR the Finest Team in all the land?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024