Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question about away games. 11:34 - Oct 25 with 1686 viewssparkes12

As my daughter has been to every home game this year thinking of maybe starting her on a few away games.
Just dont want to scare her off with loads of swearing/drunken idiots ect....

So my question is when you go to away games is it normally possible to sit away from the main group of travelling r's or do you get allocated seats?
Thinking of Reading as being her first away trip.
I am sure in time she will love the banter of away days but dont want her scared off straight away.
Any advice would be great.
Question about away games. on 11:37 - Oct 25 with 1678 viewsdaveB

best bet is to ask the box office for tickets near the front, the noisy ones tend to be at the back of the stand.
Question about away games. on 11:40 - Oct 25 with 1667 viewswestberksr

you need to try and find the grounds with open seating or get tickets away from the core. as you probably know the away support is a tad more vocal and contains quite a few that will have been on the beer and powder all the way there.....

you really don't want your kids near them; particularly nice when the inevitable happens and they turn on some of our fans. As Reading is probably going to be a sell out i'd suggest trying to get tickets closer to the pitchside as that tends to be more family oriented and the mob congregate a bit further back.
Question about away games. on 11:42 - Oct 25 with 1660 viewsRblockPrior

allocated seats but I always find each away day if ur in the frnt few rows of away fans u wont get any of the drunken swearing lot who may seem intimidating to her as all are nearer the back

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Question about away games. on 11:42 - Oct 25 with 1658 viewstoboboly

Question about away games. on 11:40 - Oct 25 by westberksr

you need to try and find the grounds with open seating or get tickets away from the core. as you probably know the away support is a tad more vocal and contains quite a few that will have been on the beer and powder all the way there.....

you really don't want your kids near them; particularly nice when the inevitable happens and they turn on some of our fans. As Reading is probably going to be a sell out i'd suggest trying to get tickets closer to the pitchside as that tends to be more family oriented and the mob congregate a bit further back.

Im not sure it will be a sell out, on TV, early KO, been there a lot recently. A fair few seats spare last season in the PL when it was a much bigger game.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Question about away games. on 11:45 - Oct 25 with 1647 viewswestberksr

Question about away games. on 11:42 - Oct 25 by toboboly

Im not sure it will be a sell out, on TV, early KO, been there a lot recently. A fair few seats spare last season in the PL when it was a much bigger game.

fair point, also a big away fan allocation too so could be a good 'un.
Question about away games. on 11:47 - Oct 25 with 1642 viewssparkes12

Cheers guys,so how do you get seats near the front? Do you have to phone up rather then book online?
Question about away games. on 11:58 - Oct 25 with 1621 viewsWatford_Ranger

If you buy at the box office or by phone you should be fine to reserve at the front. Technically seats are allocated but people tend to sit more or less where they want. Reading is unlikely to attract too many oafs so a good one to use as a test.
Question about away games. on 12:12 - Oct 25 with 1601 viewsDWQPR

Took my daughter to her first away game, which she was desperate to attend, which happened to be away to Bristol City, the first game of the season in 2007. Drew 2-2 with a late Stewart equaliser and she absolutely loved the day, I think that the low roof of the away end there and that half of it is populated by home supporters added to the occasion and made for an outstanding atmosphere. She was 13 at the time. From that moment she was hooked on away games and hasn't missed many since. The few morons that we now seem to attract don't seem to bother her that much, might be the fact that a combination of a bowler hat and a pair of docs might intimidate them!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Question about away games. on 12:31 - Oct 25 with 1559 viewsgjc104

I take my daughter to every away game and when the online BO sees you are booking ajunior ticket I think they have a way off putting you a bit near er the front as we never seem to be right at the back.
Question about away games. on 12:50 - Oct 25 with 1520 viewsYorkRanger

Personally I would go a little further afield. Doncaster away 30 th November. This will weed out a few of the idiots and easy to get to on the train, nice ground, friendly enough place and good viewing positions. Also pretty sure you will be able to choose where you sit as we will not sell out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024