Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 17:48 - Nov 2 with 5974 viewsNW5Hoop

1. Matt Phillips' best 45 minutes for us in the second half (and given the first goal and another good cross in the first game, probably his second best 45 minutes for us in the first half). But still some sloppiness - often a poor first touch, some misplaced passes.
2. Feels cruel to say anything bad about Faurlin today, but a lot of his passing was poor. He won a ton of tackles, but I rather felt a lot of them were tackles he shouldn't have had to win in the first place. Anyway, I hope the injury isn't serious, that he's back soon, and that he can rediscover the form that made us all like him so much in the first place.
3. Barton was excellent today. I don't like him. I wish he wasn't at the club. But I'm not so blind as to think he wasn't the difference between the teams today: some very incisive passing, a lot of determination to be first to the ball, and when he was annoyed he got indignant rather than angry.
4. Why oh why oh why are we so in love with the touchline to touchline ball in our own half? They were all at it. It creates nothing. If you've got the time to look up and play a 50 yard ball across the pitch in your own half, you've got the time to move forward. Because by the time the ball reaches its target, he's got no more time than you had. Still too much concentration on looking pretty in areas where it doesn't matter.
5. I was genuinely pissed off with Austin going into the corner in the 87th minute. Even if there hadn't been five more minutes to add on, it's way too early. You rarely use more than 30 seconds and you almost always - as he did - end up surrendering possession. Derby had a dangerous break from him trying to keep it in the corner with what turned out to be eight minutes still to play.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2013 18:10]
Just back on 06:19 - Nov 3 with 917 viewsLoft1979

Just back on 18:11 - Nov 2 by HAYESBOY

Certainly don't agree with your second point regarding Faurlin.

Thought was good today. Won tackles played the ball quickly and intelligently.
Hope its not another ACL. It looked like an impact injury.

Thought Phillips was MoM. There left back is still on the pitch trying to find Phillips.

Thank you. I hope you are right on Ale. I am like many here far from home. And have any feed I can get on my tablet at game time.
-Look at the Championship and we see teams with Premiership players. If not contracted then on loan. JB is our talisman. When he plays he is the emotional leader...period. Other players may take the limelight, but he is still the engine. Without JB in the team we resemble a herd of sheep. ...most notably last season.
-Key to the season ..in HR's book is finding a partner for JB. He has two: Ale and Tom. Hopefully both can be healthy.
-Hail the emergence of Matt Phillips. In him we have an 'Andros Townsend alternative' . That's what HR wanted. Hopefully that pushes Hoilet to the bench where he can be a super-sub.

On Yesterday's win: Derby are the in form team. The best away team in the Champs before yesterday. So good win. Injuries have cost us dearly. Nico, Nedum, Ale, AJ even Hoilet. tough to keep momentum. After Boro, Tom went down. Now Ale. ...
Just back on 06:24 - Nov 3 with 910 viewsLoft1979

Just back on 00:19 - Nov 3 by A40Bosh

I can't see how anyone watching that game today can have anyone other than Barton as the best player on the pitch let alone the qpr mom.
Whether you love him or hate him or even if you are indifferent to him, he is the classiest midfielder we have in the squad by a mile. Ale was playing well up until his injury, hope it is not serious, but there were times when he had to just stand out of the way as Barton charged around the centre taking ownership. The only downside was as someone else said early second half they just took away the midfield from us for about 15 mins and we looked over run.

The only downside was as someone else said early second half they just took away the midfield from us for about 15 mins and we looked over run.

Comment on that: McClaren being the coach he is saw how to counteract QPR and closed up the spaces. That should have played to Hoilet........and Traore showed what should happen by using the wings.
Just back on 12:32 - Nov 3 with 785 viewsloftboy

I dont know why my first reply was blank, but i commented about Phillips first touch and control which seemed excellent, too many players these days cant do the basics.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024