Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diakite 10:32 - Nov 6 with 6746 viewsstansleftfoot

Gets 90 mins at Wimbledon in the EDS, so, no Red Card but settles for a Yellow.
Not sure Harry can risk Samba, but reports of surging midfield runs spark the memory of Samba on the gallop.
Anybody watch this game to give a report of this lunatic but brilliant footballer?
Diakite on 10:37 - Nov 6 with 6714 viewsPommyhoop

Folks can change.Look at Barton . Give the lad a go.This time I wont jinx it and say those immortal words 'Vierra like' or 'our Vierra.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Diakite on 10:41 - Nov 6 with 6705 viewsdaveB

It was only Wimbledon, if he can get his head right and impress in training he'll get a chance but he must be doing something wrong to have been left out since last Christmas.
Diakite on 11:20 - Nov 6 with 6624 viewsadhoc_qpr

I think he's become a bit of an exaggerated character on these boards, he only had a few sendings off although he is obviously a reckless tackler.

It was more his shocking performances vs the likes of Swansea and Norwich last season that put the nail in his coffin for me.
Diakite on 12:27 - Nov 6 with 6462 viewsstansleftfoot

EDS seems to be the route that the Club use to bring players back into the First Team Squad. So he could be on his way back into the reckoning.
There is just the one sending off in Samba's career and 25 yellows in 72 games.
His much publicised depression was finally confirmed in September 2012, and this appearance in the EDS can been seen as part of his recovery from that debilitating illness.
I hope Samba and the Club can get his career back on track, still only 24 and a huge amount to offer. 4 year contract signed in June 2012.
Diakite on 12:56 - Nov 6 with 6383 viewsEalingHoop81

Diakite on 12:27 - Nov 6 by stansleftfoot

EDS seems to be the route that the Club use to bring players back into the First Team Squad. So he could be on his way back into the reckoning.
There is just the one sending off in Samba's career and 25 yellows in 72 games.
His much publicised depression was finally confirmed in September 2012, and this appearance in the EDS can been seen as part of his recovery from that debilitating illness.
I hope Samba and the Club can get his career back on track, still only 24 and a huge amount to offer. 4 year contract signed in June 2012.

I think Diakite was sent off on his debut vs Fulham for two yellows and then send off after coming on against West Ham last year.

If the stats of 1 red and 25 yellows don't include the times when he has been booked twice they're a bit misdleading....of course it could just be my memory....
Diakite on 13:05 - Nov 6 with 6346 viewsTW_R

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/qpr/forgotten_qpr_midfielder_fit_to_replace_faurli
Diakite on 13:13 - Nov 6 with 6317 viewsToast_R

Diakite on 12:56 - Nov 6 by EalingHoop81

I think Diakite was sent off on his debut vs Fulham for two yellows and then send off after coming on against West Ham last year.

If the stats of 1 red and 25 yellows don't include the times when he has been booked twice they're a bit misdleading....of course it could just be my memory....

I think the West Ham sending off was actually 2 yellows too but it was the manor of it that spoke volumes.

Him and Taarabt came on as a double sub and the latter scores a screamer with his first touch. We're back in the game and all over West Ham and then Samba gets a daft booking then minutes later lunges into a challenge he was never going to win to get his second yellow. It was just a pathetic thing to do and completely killed the momentum and we lost the apparent "must win" game.

I can't beleive for one minute that kind of stupidity can't be coached out of him though but coaching is something of an after thought with QPR when there's a big cheque book floating around.
Diakite on 13:15 - Nov 6 with 6314 viewsstansleftfoot

Diakite on 12:56 - Nov 6 by EalingHoop81

Yeh! Your right! My mistake, Fulham and West Ham...
Login to get fewer ads

Diakite on 13:19 - Nov 6 with 6300 viewsstansleftfoot

From the other thread via the paper via Bircham....

"Diakite was the only over-age player to appear in the team, and Bircham said the 24-year-old is ready for the weekend’s trip to Reading if needed.

“We had Samba in there, that’s largely because of the sad news of Ale Faurlin’s injury,” said Bircham. “We need him match-fit now so he’s ready. Credit to him, he worked hard.”

I wish him luck and a cool head!
Diakite on 13:33 - Nov 6 with 6258 viewsPommyhoop

Diakite on 13:19 - Nov 6 by stansleftfoot

From the other thread via the paper via Bircham....

"Diakite was the only over-age player to appear in the team, and Bircham said the 24-year-old is ready for the weekend’s trip to Reading if needed.

“We had Samba in there, that’s largely because of the sad news of Ale Faurlin’s injury,” said Bircham. “We need him match-fit now so he’s ready. Credit to him, he worked hard.”

I wish him luck and a cool head!

Great news .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Diakite on 15:06 - Nov 6 with 6167 viewsrsonist

Diakite on 13:13 - Nov 6 by Toast_R

I think the West Ham sending off was actually 2 yellows too but it was the manor of it that spoke volumes.

Him and Taarabt came on as a double sub and the latter scores a screamer with his first touch. We're back in the game and all over West Ham and then Samba gets a daft booking then minutes later lunges into a challenge he was never going to win to get his second yellow. It was just a pathetic thing to do and completely killed the momentum and we lost the apparent "must win" game.

I can't beleive for one minute that kind of stupidity can't be coached out of him though but coaching is something of an after thought with QPR when there's a big cheque book floating around.

On the other hand you could argue that those sendings-off were of such a basic stupidity and lack of common sense that they transcend football coaching.

I wish him all the best though. If he does get a chance and come good it wouldn't be the first time that injuries have forced Redknapp to reconsider the value of a banished player. Just look at Bale...

Having said that though Diakite seems to have come back into the conversation purely because of the injury to Faurlin, which is a little odd/worrying given how very different the two are. Really it's difficult to see exactly where the er, mercurial talents of an on-form Diakite would fit into this side exactly.
Diakite on 15:35 - Nov 6 with 6106 viewsBklynRanger

I'm going to do a bit of speculation here, like we all are really, but:

Diakite, when he was waiting to first come on against Fulham, looked more nervous than any player I'd ever seen. He came on, tried too hard, made bad decisions and didn't last very long.

At the time I thought it was quite possible that he'd been told to get in there, break up play, get 'up to the ball quickly' (MH's words when he bought him) etc.

The point is that people respond to stress differently, and it can even lead to bouts of depression. Despite his experience of French football, Diakite was a young lad who'd come to the Premier League and was very probably feeling the pressure of it all. Under Hughsie's masterful guidance he fcuked up, lost form, slumped badly down the pecking order and stayed there. But we have seen, at the highest level what he's capable of in spurts.

The Championship is still obviously a pressure situation, but there's a hell of a lot less tv etc. This season might be an opportunity to rehabilitate him and save a shitload of money rather than loaning/buying/paying the wages of 2 or 3 other players.

And bring Sutherland back.
Diakite on 16:31 - Nov 6 with 6008 viewsstansleftfoot

Modern video linking is no country for old men but the Mali game in the Africans Cup video that must have bought Samba to premiership football.

I'd like to see that in The Championship...you can sense the overstretching into the tackle...but nevertheless...Great Player, Still only 24! I hope his dreams come true....
Diakite on 17:20 - Nov 6 with 5953 viewsballbag

His goal v Arsenal. First video, 5 minutes in.

Great composure.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2012/03/31/qpr-vs-arsenal-2-1-highlights-2012-taar
Diakite on 18:17 - Nov 6 with 5893 viewsrsonist

The depression story was never corroborated (Diakite himself denied it) and even if were true it's probably a bit unfair to keep the ball rolling on that one. Do agree he has looked very nervous at times however - definitely not the sort of character Redknapp's known for working with.
Diakite on 13:14 - Nov 7 with 5695 viewssevenhoop

i felt that he was wrongly pigeon-holed as a holding midfielder last season. He's too reckless and not savvy enough to play there, but he can do an awful lot of damage plying further up the pitch, so that's where we should stick him
Diakite on 15:52 - Nov 7 with 5597 viewsBklynRanger

Diakite on 13:14 - Nov 7 by sevenhoop

i felt that he was wrongly pigeon-holed as a holding midfielder last season. He's too reckless and not savvy enough to play there, but he can do an awful lot of damage plying further up the pitch, so that's where we should stick him

Yeah, true. He could probably be very effective in that position were Jenas has started to play, as an attacking midfielder who is told, on pain of death, to stay on his feet. The problem is the existence of Jenas, and there's no way he should be in there ahead of Kranjcar when fit. So he doesn't really solve the loss of Ale or the issues with Henry.
Diakite on 19:03 - Nov 7 with 5472 viewsrsonist

Agree he doesn't have the discipline to be a holding midfielder but nor do I think he has the game intelligence to play a strictly attacking job far further up that would require him to combine with other players. Think he would need a sort of free role without a strong tactical responsibility - next to Henry in front of the defence bringing it out from deep (if Henry could do a simple Derry role screening and recycling possession...) or a box to box role as part of a midfield three with Barton and maybe O'Neil. This is a bit like thinking of ways to fit Adel in...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024