Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND 16:26 - Nov 11 with 3890 viewsJonDoeman

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND @FrankieJay_ ruled out for six to nine months after rupturing ACL http://bit.ly/1aAs2nm

It Is What It Is !!

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 20:19 - Nov 11 with 855 viewsBstokeranger

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 19:31 - Nov 11 by Hunterhoop

I ruptured my ACL and my medial, and tore the meniscus whilst wearing black puma kings. Just saying!

I actually think the injury is more common now than 20-30 years ago due to the increased amount of grass on pitches for more of the season and possibly it's length. A lot of pitches are also not entirely grass but woven in with plastic fibres. More grass and thicker grass is likely to increase the amount of times your studs/foot gets stuck in the pitch when turning or receiving impact. That's most likely to cause a rupture.

Pitches 20-30 years ago had less grass and more compacted mud, which IMO woulda an less players getting their studs or blades caught in the ground. Pure speculation on my part, mind.

I'm with you on that one Hunter.
I ripped my knee to shreds while wearing Copa Mundials and nobody was near me.
Purely turned to chase a misplaced pass to me and the studs got caught in the grass.

Whilst it is a terrible injury, it isn't as bad as it used to be and baring in mind the treatment he'll get, I'm sure he'll come back as strong.

Good luck to him.
INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 20:31 - Nov 11 with 851 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Desperate news. This injury is an old one but blades seem to increase the likelihood. On hearing that Man Utd banned blades we researched the issue and promptly banned them from our GAA club. That was three years ago and from an aveage of 2-3 per year with a playing population of 120 we've only had one ACL since then, and that happened to a lad who was wearing blades in training one day.

Small sample size but we're happy that we're minimising it at least.

Get well soon, Frankie.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 20:42 - Nov 11 with 838 viewsHollowayRanger

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 20:31 - Nov 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Desperate news. This injury is an old one but blades seem to increase the likelihood. On hearing that Man Utd banned blades we researched the issue and promptly banned them from our GAA club. That was three years ago and from an aveage of 2-3 per year with a playing population of 120 we've only had one ACL since then, and that happened to a lad who was wearing blades in training one day.

Get well soon, Frankie.

you should send QPR an email about that

save the club millions in medical fees and the like if they would listen

i swear we have had more than any other club mind

3 this season already and it aint even december

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 21:26 - Nov 11 with 813 viewsPommyhoop

I blame the diet . Not enough black pudding today.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 22:31 - Nov 11 with 778 viewsCamberleyR

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 20:31 - Nov 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Get well soon, Frankie.

Someone should definitely email the club with this information.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 23:23 - Nov 11 with 753 viewsFredManRave

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 22:31 - Nov 11 by CamberleyR

Someone should definitely email the club with this information.

How about we email the club stating that if they let us know the full details of Remys' contract we will let them know how to reduce ACL injuries. It's a win win for us.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 02:58 - Nov 12 with 731 viewsVancouverHoop

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 21:26 - Nov 11 by Pommyhoop

That might not be far off the mark. Players carry way less body fat than a couple of generations back. This makes them faster but, like thoroughbred horses, more prone to injury as fat protects the body's skeletal system which includes ligaments and tendons.
INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 10:48 - Nov 12 with 692 viewssimmo

INJURY WOE FOR SUTHERLAND on 21:26 - Nov 11 by Pommyhoop

I reckon that is true. I love black pudding and have never had a problem with my ACL.

SCIENCE.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024