Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's Officials 21:47 - Nov 26 with 3723 viewsSuddenLad

Utterly clueless.

The referee was less than 10 yards away from the 'penalty decision' and waved play on. He had a clear and uninterrupted view of the incident and initially made the right decision.

For reasons best known to himself, he then accepts the word of a linesman who was 30 yards away, changed his mind, awarded a penalty and sent off a Dale player.

[Post edited 26 Nov 2013 21:48]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tonight's Officials on 22:58 - Nov 26 with 1023 viewsTVOS1907

Tonight's Officials on 22:26 - Nov 26 by 49thseason

???

How can you be offside from a shot by one of your players when the goalkeeper parries it back to you? You obviously knew about the changed rules?

Hogan would have been in an offside position when the original shot went in and consequently became active when the ball came out to him.

It's been in the Laws of the Game for years.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tonight's Officials on 22:59 - Nov 26 with 1014 viewsTVOS1907

Tonight's Officials on 21:58 - Nov 26 by dale4ever

We may well have lost with 11 men. Lancashire red was deserved! 2nd wasn't a penalty and red card, the referee saw this yet listened to the clueless linesman! The ironic cheer when he actually flagged one of their numerous offsides was the most amusing part of what can only be described as inept (again!) officials. Wonder what Hilly will have to say.

How can we tell offsides from behind the goal?

Tonight's Officials on 23:02 - Nov 26 with 1001 viewsTVOS1907

Tonight's Officials on 22:53 - Nov 26 by 49thseason

Fair enough IF he (Hogan) was offside when the shot came in but that certainly wasn't my impression, it looked to me as if he reacted quickest and followed the shot in.

I stand with a former class 1 referee who couldn't believe the linseman's decision either, much less the foul against us in the build up to the penalty which was waved on. Its the lack of consistency that gives refs a bad name and tonight's performance was as poor as I have seen for a long time especially when compared to Saturday's ref who I thought did a brilliant job. At the end of the day this is an entertainment industry as much as a sport and referees who want to get noticed are spoiling the game. Two red cards and a yellow and only 12 freekicks and not a bad foul all night says it all.

Lancashire's and O'Connell's fouls could have been the only ones conceded all night; they would have still been red cards.

Tonight's Officials on 23:03 - Nov 26 with 999 viewsDaley_Lama

Tonight's Officials on 22:59 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

How can we tell offsides from behind the goal?

The 4th goal was no way offside, says me sat in the TDS.

The cross was about 2 secs before their lad stuck it in, his run was ace and he was possibly a yard onside when the ball was played.

Poll: DF in or out

Tonight's Officials on 23:16 - Nov 26 with 952 viewsTVOS1907

Tonight's Officials on 23:03 - Nov 26 by Daley_Lama

The 4th goal was no way offside, says me sat in the TDS.

The cross was about 2 secs before their lad stuck it in, his run was ace and he was possibly a yard onside when the ball was played.

I know.

I was questioning how anyone behind the goal can possibly know if a player is offside or not.

If they can, I'd like to borrow their eyes.

Tonight's Officials on 23:29 - Nov 26 with 921 viewsDaley_Lama

Tonight's Officials on 23:16 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

I know.

I was questioning how anyone behind the goal can possibly know if a player is offside or not.

If they can, I'd like to borrow their eyes.

I know you know, equally i didn't have my blue shades on tonight so could see quite clearly a nice goal.

Some don't

Some shout 'shhoooot' and 'do something' and 'hit him' and 'move for him' (throw ins)

I don't

The TDS is a testiment to 1970's football and i wouldn't swap it for the world.

Tonight's Officials on 23:34 - Nov 26 with 914 viewsTVOS1907

Tonight's Officials on 23:29 - Nov 26 by Daley_Lama

I know you know, equally i didn't have my blue shades on tonight so could see quite clearly a nice goal.

Some don't

Some shout 'shhoooot' and 'do something' and 'hit him' and 'move for him' (throw ins)

I don't

The TDS is a testiment to 1970's football and i wouldn't swap it for the world.

Showing your age there, DL, tbf.

Tonight's Officials on 23:37 - Nov 26 with 905 viewsDaley_Lama

Tonight's Officials on 23:34 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

Showing your age there, DL, tbf.

Damn, i thought my internet persona from 1996 was still separate from reality.

I blame Steve Jobs, seeing as he can't defend himself.

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's Officials on 23:46 - Nov 26 with 885 viewsD_Alien

Tonight's Officials on 23:37 - Nov 26 by Daley_Lama

Damn, i thought my internet persona from 1996 was still separate from reality.

I blame Steve Jobs, seeing as he can't defend himself.

Is he a former centreback?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tonight's Officials on 23:47 - Nov 26 with 882 viewsTVOS1907

Tonight's Officials on 23:46 - Nov 26 by D_Alien

Is he a former centreback?

He's been given the red card, if so.

Tonight's Officials on 12:03 - Nov 27 with 715 viewsdingdangblue

Tonight's Officials on 22:53 - Nov 26 by 49thseason

Fair enough IF he (Hogan) was offside when the shot came in but that certainly wasn't my impression, it looked to me as if he reacted quickest and followed the shot in.

I stand with a former class 1 referee who couldn't believe the linseman's decision either, much less the foul against us in the build up to the penalty which was waved on. Its the lack of consistency that gives refs a bad name and tonight's performance was as poor as I have seen for a long time especially when compared to Saturday's ref who I thought did a brilliant job. At the end of the day this is an entertainment industry as much as a sport and referees who want to get noticed are spoiling the game. Two red cards and a yellow and only 12 freekicks and not a bad foul all night says it all.

Lancashire's 1st yellow was an awful foul, very late on their player and lucky not to injure him. For all our complaints at the end of the day there are 2 sides to a coin and I'm sure Scunthorpe will be praising the officials. From my viewpoint the calls were correct - just annoying the ref failed to spot the foul before he failed to initially award the penalty. After giving the pen he had no option other than to send off O'Connell (harsh 1 crime gets 3 punishments of penalty,red card and ban).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tonight's Officials on 12:07 - Nov 27 with 713 viewsMass_Debater

Tonight's Officials on 12:03 - Nov 27 by dingdangblue

Lancashire's 1st yellow was an awful foul, very late on their player and lucky not to injure him. For all our complaints at the end of the day there are 2 sides to a coin and I'm sure Scunthorpe will be praising the officials. From my viewpoint the calls were correct - just annoying the ref failed to spot the foul before he failed to initially award the penalty. After giving the pen he had no option other than to send off O'Connell (harsh 1 crime gets 3 punishments of penalty,red card and ban).

This.

If it had been t'other way round, we'd have expected the same decisions.
Tonight's Officials on 12:17 - Nov 27 with 699 viewsSuddenLad

Tonight's Officials on 12:07 - Nov 27 by Mass_Debater

This.

If it had been t'other way round, we'd have expected the same decisions.

The point is, that if the referee had done his job properly, there would have been a free-kick to Dale for a blatant foul on Done.

In that case, there wouldn't have BEEN a penalty and there would have been no sending-off.

I lost count of the number of times Dale players were fouled, being hauled or pushed to the ground (Henderson frequently) and the referee simply ignores it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tonight's Officials on 12:51 - Nov 27 with 650 viewsmaybee

Tonight's Officials on 22:03 - Nov 26 by Bobbyjoe

Except their lad looked off-side, which would make the second yellow moot.

Just seen the goals again. Their player was well onside in the move leading upto the penalty. Annoyingly, it doesn't show the foul that we should have been given just beforehand.

What really worries me from looking at the Dale player highlights is how poor Eastham was for their 1st, 3rd and 4th goals. Something I didn't pick up last night, but is glaringly obvious on replay.
Tonight's Officials on 13:05 - Nov 27 with 636 viewsjudd

Tonight's Officials on 12:51 - Nov 27 by maybee

Just seen the goals again. Their player was well onside in the move leading upto the penalty. Annoyingly, it doesn't show the foul that we should have been given just beforehand.

What really worries me from looking at the Dale player highlights is how poor Eastham was for their 1st, 3rd and 4th goals. Something I didn't pick up last night, but is glaringly obvious on replay.

I think the offside call was the Lancashire rugby tackle, Maybee. He did look offside, but what a stupid, crass, reckless response from Lancashire.

The third goal - to me the scorer looked offside, but I have a sneeking suspicion that Eastham's attempted clearance was sliced to their player, thus rendering him on side, if that is still the rule.

The penalty - looked to me like O'Connell won the ball and the Scunthorpe player threw himself.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024