Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
30th Birthday in New York 15:56 - Dec 23 with 1883 viewsLOTR

Just on the Amtrak train bound for New York where I will celebrating my birthday in style. Just wondering if any of you had any tips or places worth drinking at today? I'm with 6 mates so something with a bit of eye candy would certainly go down well!

Cheers
30th Birthday in New York on 16:04 - Dec 23 with 1872 viewsGloucs_R

Go to the meat packing district

Poll: Are we staying up?

30th Birthday in New York on 16:04 - Dec 23 with 1873 viewseastside_r

I am flying to NY tomorrow. My first visit.

Sadly 30 disappeared from view in my rear-view mirror, long, long ago.

Any tips, dos and don'ts, most welcome.
30th Birthday in New York on 16:44 - Dec 23 with 1839 viewsLblock

All depends whereabouts you are staying / district heading for.

First off - avoid an area called "Chels**". Funnily enough lots of gay bars there (but these do attract a few straight women!!)... it's a zone of the MeatPacking District I'd avoid but the rest of it very cool, trendy and cutting edge (one or two interesting clubs around there.
Good club with decent house music in this area is Cielo but best to check whats on that evening.

I've had a couple of good nights in The Met Bar on Lexington (Hilton Hotel)
There's loads of good rooftop / high level bars but it'll be damn cold there now so places like The Sky Rooms may not be that densely populated. There's a really good revolving bar at the top of The Marriott in Times Square where we have had excellent steaks but not too sure if you'd need to book it and cant recall the name.

There was a bar near the Empire State (or was it Rockafellas??) that was called The Galway Arms I think. We went expecting a paddy pub but it was a touch more than that and they had a good DJ with a pretty good crowd.

Thing is with NYC everything changes so fast and I've not been for a while so best to ask around on the ground or advice from any local's like NYCPaul.

Rev the place up and let us know any good gaffs you find as I'm heading over again in January!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

30th Birthday in New York on 18:13 - Dec 23 with 1782 viewseghamranger

Heard Chelsea area is good and there is a bar/diner called phone booth or something which is meant to be good,
30th Birthday in New York on 18:45 - Dec 23 with 1768 viewskingsburyR

Meat packing, Greenwich village, Harlem all great places.

Irish pub at the foot of the Empire State worth a look. Foleys I think.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

30th Birthday in New York on 19:18 - Dec 23 with 1738 viewsthame_hoops

Anywhere out of midtown, get away from the tourist bars that are full
Of English, head down to the uni bars, always good fun off the beaten track
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024