Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL 12:50 - Dec 29 with 5359 viewsDarran

In response to other people complaining about results and performance.
Out of curiosity where do people think we should be in the table after half the season?!

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 12:58 - Dec 29 with 3506 viewsdgt73

We should be where we are, end of, can't understand people moaning just enjoy the ride because I am.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 13:04 - Dec 29 with 3471 viewslifelong

I think we're at where most people expected, like our manager has said we are a couple of points short, those two points we were robbed of against Stoke would have seen us just about right.

Considering our injuries and number of fixtures I still maintain we are having a good season. Stay up this season and with a fully fit squad next season with a couple of quality additions we can push on.

Think positive.
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 13:12 - Dec 29 with 3440 viewsWhiterockin

We are where we are. But we could/should be playing better.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 13:13 - Dec 29 with 3432 viewsDarran

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 13:12 - Dec 29 by Whiterockin

We are where we are. But we could/should be playing better.

What position would you like to be in then?

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 13:16 - Dec 29 with 3419 viewsTokijo

Happy with 11th place but as only 5 points from 18th, too close for comfort for many!
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 13:47 - Dec 29 with 3353 viewsWhiterockin

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 13:13 - Dec 29 by Darran

What position would you like to be in then?

Very happy with the position, just feel that most of the time we are not playing well and could play better.

I don't think that I am the only one that feels that way. But then again Prosser bury your head in the sand like you usually do.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:08 - Dec 29 with 3289 viewsDarran

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 13:47 - Dec 29 by Whiterockin

Very happy with the position, just feel that most of the time we are not playing well and could play better.

I don't think that I am the only one that feels that way. But then again Prosser bury your head in the sand like you usually do.

I'm not burying my head quite a few performances have not been to the standard we've come expect.

Anyway when the f*ck have I ever buried my head?

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:14 - Dec 29 with 3267 views2face

The players aren't better. There are limits to what you can do with players that cost less than £2m or came on a free transfer. Hull and Southhampton are the only comparable teams with more points than us atm. But I would like to see how they fared if they were playing EL every thursday.

I know that the commentators on TV are always complaining about our performance. But remember they are comparing us to teams with players that cost between £200m-400m. Which really isn't fair.
Login to get fewer ads

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:20 - Dec 29 with 3243 viewsDr_Winston

Realistically we're not going to be much higher up the league in terms of position. Would expect us to be a bit further away from the mire though. Another 2/3 better performances in winnable games (West Ham, Hull) and things would be much calmer.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:23 - Dec 29 with 3223 views2face

I actually think that 21 points is about what we could expect. The entire bottom half has fewer points this season because of the insane strength of the top 6 clubs this year. And we also have EL. Which means that for 7 PL games we've only had one day to prepare. And no matter how you spin if, if you have less time to prepare for games, you are getting fewer points.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 14:51]
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:27 - Dec 29 with 3208 viewsAndy1300

I agree, we could be and should be a place or 2 higher.

Yesterday was a perfect example of what we do....73% possession and only 1 goal to get a draw, should have got 2 or 3 and all 3 points.

Better teams would do just that.

The thing is this, yes we are 11th but the gap to 18th is not as big as I would like it to be, the bottom 3 teams start getting results and if we don't then we could be in for a bit of a dog fight

Number 1 team in Wales

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:38 - Dec 29 with 3172 viewsDull1Thomas

32 points are get-able if we play well for the rest of the season
so
20 which will be enough to stay up should not be beyond a Swansea side that is a bit below par.

Man City. 0
Man Utd. 0
Tottenham. 0
Fulham. 3
West Ham. 1
Cardiff. 3
Stoke. 3
Liverpool. 0
Crystal Palace. 3
Arsenal. 0
Albion. 3
Everton. 1
Norwich City. 3
Hull City. 3
Chelsea. 1
Newcastle. 1
Aston Villa. 3
Southampton. 1
Sunderland. 3

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:41 - Dec 29 with 3151 viewsmonmouth

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:27 - Dec 29 by Andy1300

I agree, we could be and should be a place or 2 higher.

Yesterday was a perfect example of what we do....73% possession and only 1 goal to get a draw, should have got 2 or 3 and all 3 points.

Better teams would do just that.

The thing is this, yes we are 11th but the gap to 18th is not as big as I would like it to be, the bottom 3 teams start getting results and if we don't then we could be in for a bit of a dog fight

Not having a go, but there's one hell of an incorrect assumption in there. Man City had 67% of possession at Villa and lost 3-2. Probably because they let themselves be counter attacked. So 'better teams' wouldn't do 'just that'

In my view, simply beating Crapduff (or drawing and getting our justly earned 2 points against stoke) would change the whole flavour apart from the obvious few who would moan even if we were six points clear at the top.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:43 - Dec 29 with 3133 viewsDr_Winston

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:41 - Dec 29 by monmouth

Not having a go, but there's one hell of an incorrect assumption in there. Man City had 67% of possession at Villa and lost 3-2. Probably because they let themselves be counter attacked. So 'better teams' wouldn't do 'just that'

In my view, simply beating Crapduff (or drawing and getting our justly earned 2 points against stoke) would change the whole flavour apart from the obvious few who would moan even if we were six points clear at the top.

The Cardiff game was perhaps the most annoying result of the season. A gutless and cowardly surrender from Laudrup on down. Overall the Stoke game was one of the better performances we've put in.

It's more the games where we simply didn't show enough desire or effort to win like West Ham and Hull that disappoint.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:55 - Dec 29 with 3080 viewsmonmouth

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:43 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

The Cardiff game was perhaps the most annoying result of the season. A gutless and cowardly surrender from Laudrup on down. Overall the Stoke game was one of the better performances we've put in.

It's more the games where we simply didn't show enough desire or effort to win like West Ham and Hull that disappoint.

The west ham result looks particularly bad in retrospect, but they were in decent form then and had just thumped Spurs away. I think it was over-caution rather than lack of desire in that one. Hull was terrible, but they are no mugs.I think we definitely agree though that the lack of pace and urgency is often infuriating.

I'm just speculating that we are still only one result (beating cardiff in that awful capitulation) away from making most happy. Add in Stoke and we'd then have 26 points, or 24 without, with them up the road on 15 (the gap does matter more than it should to most I think). We might still be discussing the style of play and improvements but I suspect the hysteria would largely vanish.

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:57 - Dec 29 with 3074 viewsItchySphincter

Anywhere around mid table is a fab achievement as is competing in this league at all. I think it's fair to say though that there have been a handful of games where can feel disappointed not to have taken something (S'ton) or something more (Stoke), but that will always be the case. I do think Euro fatigue has played a part too and I there have been times where we've struggled to fire on all cylinders so maybe we could have been a couple of points better off but in the great scheme of things it wouldn't make much difference.

I think there will be a massive pay off from this season though. It's been a learning curve for the club and a lot of the players and I expect us to kick on again next year whether we qualify again for Europe or not. People need to remember that you need to run like hell just to stand still in this league.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 15:01 - Dec 29 with 3057 viewscontroversial_jack

2 wins out of the last 15 games. If anyone is happy with that form, then they are easily pleased
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 15:03 - Dec 29 with 3056 viewsItchySphincter

Kinda got to remember the level we are competing at though, shirley?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 15:03]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 15:37 - Dec 29 with 2982 viewsdeanscfc

We 'should' be about 5-6 points better off than we are at the moment.
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 16:09 - Dec 29 with 2898 viewsAndy1300

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 15:03 - Dec 29 by ItchySphincter

Kinda got to remember the level we are competing at though, shirley?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 15:03]

Yes, in our 3rd season and how many millions spent to "improve" the team?

We are where we are but should have done better.

Number 1 team in Wales

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 16:28 - Dec 29 with 2855 viewsJackanapes

How are the other teams who got promoted with us doing?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 16:31 - Dec 29 with 2844 viewsEdmundo

About 6 points better off if certain ludicrous decisions hand,t snatched the points away

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 16:53 - Dec 29 with 2800 viewscontroversial_jack

Given our current form, is it possible for us to get another 20 points to ensure safety?
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 16:53 - Dec 29 with 2799 viewsmonmouth

And of course no other team has spent a penny to 'improve' their team during that time have they? Are people seriously saying they don't think that our current team is better than the one that rocked up against Man City in 2011? Or the one that got Brenno the scouse gig in 2012 (remember Siggy and caulks were never ours).

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 16:55 - Dec 29 with 2791 viewsJackanapes

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 16:53 - Dec 29 by controversial_jack

Given our current form, is it possible for us to get another 20 points to ensure safety?

It all depends how long our current form lasts doesn't it.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024